Whiteoak VS Peebles 2/1

heatfan
Waterboy

Re: Whiteoak VS Peebles 2/1

Post by heatfan »

dragon88,
I agree with all you said. Except giving the coach a medal. In the 3 or 4 years he's been at whiteoak I dont think he has 1, count it 1, tournament win. Pretty sure he's never won more than 12 games in a year. Give him a medal, or maybe a pink slip.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Didn't say they were happy to see the team lose, but maybe happy to finally see something done about a situation that frankly everyone is getting tired of. And as for the other players, no I'm sure they don't want to lose games obviously but maybe they are also getting tired of being talked about and put in a category because of the actions of a certain one. Doesn't sound like you are giving much credit to the other players either......who's to say they don't still lose the game anyway?

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

shl,
What category is whiteoak being put in? What situation is everyone tired of?
I have a lot of faith in all the players that play for whiteoak, thats why I stayed and watched the whole game, till the clock hit 00. I was up there cheering just as load from the tip till the final buzzer. I was pulling for them to pull it out. I honestly dont care who gets the playing time or who scores the points or gets the steals, just as long as they get a W. But lately those have been hard to come by, and the situation that occured tonight didn't really seem to help the team get a W. Agree?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

many coaches have a rule that if you get a technical you sit the rest of the game. knowing this rule should help a kid realize no matter what he must have enough discipline to keep his mouth shut and not do anything that will get him t'd up.

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

heatfan, You seem to be a WO fan. I can't help but find it strange that you seem to be the only one that is clueless when it comes to knowing the reputation that the WO ball team has.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

tickle,
An old saying goes,
Sometimes sitting to close to the TV all you do is see the picture, you never hear the sound.

I'm guessing that they have a bad rep?

DukieFan1987
Waterboy

Post by DukieFan1987 »

DukieFan1987 wrote:The best line up for Peebles is Arey, Countryman, Justice, Chamblin, and Daniels with Mcfarland and Chandler off the bench....Offense is fine but defense needs some work....They will be fine come tournment
if they dont go to Regionals it will be a dissapointment for all of them... they are an unbelieve basketball team and they know it

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

tickle,
clue the rest of us in. and exactly what are you basing this on?

DukieFan1987
Waterboy

Post by DukieFan1987 »

Doug McFarland got screwed but the crappy thing is all the other sports if ya do terrible you keep your job...He loved the kids he coach and was very knowledgable about the game.... He won a sectional and was excited about the future of the progam and he got screwed

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

If you pull the kid you're teaching him a lesson...and the rest of the team. It takes a lot of guts for a coach to put character before a W....

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

chitwood,
While i agree that it does teach the kid a lesson, what lesson does it teach the the other players by losing.

Here's another senerio: What if a situstion like this occures for your team in the statre finals, in the 3rd quarter. would you sit one of your top 3 players and lose the championship. Although this is a stretch, no one game is bigger than the next when it comes to teaching a kid a lesson. Your honestly gonna tell me that you would bench a player in this situstion. I DONT THINK SO!!!

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

However, this is not the state finals!!!! At best I believe WO is competing for a 6,7,8,9 seed in their sectional (based on info from another thread). You also mentioned he did this with another player earlier in the year, so apparently it's WO's boys policy and like sparky said if you are a player and you know this is a rule, shouldn't you do everything possible to keep your head? I think you are pointing the your finger at the wrong person....who is punishing the team with their actions?
And just a wild guess, I'd say this isn't the first time this player has received this punishment! So he should definitly know the punishment.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

YC08 wrote:However, this is not the state finals!!!! At best I believe WO is competing for a 6,7,8,9 seed in their sectional (based on info from another thread). You also mentioned he did this with another player earlier in the year, so apparently it's WO's boys policy and like sparky said if you are a player and you know this is a rule, shouldn't you do everything possible to keep your head? I think you are pointing the your finger at the wrong person....who is punishing the team with their actions?
And just a wild guess, I'd say this isn't the first time this player has received this punishment! So he should definitly know the punishment.

You just said that a team that has beaten Manchester and had a chance to beat Peebles twice "is competing for a 6,7,8,9 seed"!!! As the popular cell phone commericial on tv says - "REALLY"??? (I know someone has seen the commercial) They beat the projected #8 seed NB by 35 points earlier this year!!! "REALLY"??? "AT BEST" - you say. "REALLY"???

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Very tough situation we have here!!! The fact is rules are rules and you must not put yourself or your teamamtes in that situation. You must be able to channel your emotions. Some of you may forget what high school athletics is about. WINNING is very important but also preparing these young students athletes for the real world, and lets face it if you act in that manner things much worse than a T will happen!!! I WOULD SAY MR. TOM IS DOING A FINE JOB !!! Rules are rules state finals or not Discipline is a part to life !!!! If some of you want to bang on the coaches decision it would probably be best for you to apply for the JOB... I think WO coaching staff has done a great job and should be proud of the concistency !!!!

Dont HATE on the coaches go apply!!!! They are doing there best as far i can see !!

an that my friends is theuglytruth......................................................

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

theuglytruth wrote:Very tough situation we have here!!! The fact is rules are rules and you must not put yourself or your teamamtes in that situation. You must be able to channel your emotions. Some of you may forget what high school athletics is about. WINNING is very important but also preparing these young students athletes for the real world, and lets face it if you act in that manner things much worse than a T will happen!!! I WOULD SAY MR. TOM IS DOING A FINE JOB !!! Rules are rules state finals or not Discipline is a part to life !!!! If some of you want to bang on the coaches decision it would probably be best for you to apply for the JOB... I think WO coaching staff has done a great job and should be proud of the concistency !!!!

Dont HATE on the coaches go apply!!!! They are doing there best as far i can see !!

an that my friends is theuglytruth......................................................

agree with everything but the phrase "some of you" the only one on here i see "banging" the coach is heatfan.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

winning isn't everything. If you let a kid get away with something, you're teaching them that they don't have to obey the rules as long as they end up with a win. That's a poor life lesson not just for the kid that made the mistake, but for the other kids on the team.

I'm sorry, but we are talking about teenagers here--not college students or the pros. The best coaches teach their kids the game, and they teach them character.

I'm not picking on any individual player; I'm just saying winning isn't everything.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

jchitwood wrote:winning isn't everything. If you let a kid get away with something, you're teaching them that they don't have to obey the rules as long as they end up with a win. That's a poor life lesson not just for the kid that made the mistake, but for the other kids on the team.

I'm sorry, but we are talking about teenagers here--not college students or the pros. The best coaches teach their kids the game, and they teach them character.

I'm not picking on any individual player; I'm just saying winning isn't everything.

Well said. Rules are rules and if it's good for one it's good for all.

Heatfan, yes there is something of a rep on WO and you don't have to watch many games to understand why. It's unfortunate and should have been addressed about 3 years ago.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Since this seems to have went from a Whiteoak/Peebles topic to a Whiteoak/North Adams topic,
it wouldn't have mattered if there were 5 of the Michaels kid on the floor, he was the least of the Devils trouble in the first half. The bottom line is North Adams just flat outplayed them last night
as well as the first game of the season!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What was the scoring by quarters?

Return to “Boys Basketball”