Is Peebles legit?

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Is Peebles legit?

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

All I keep hearing about is how Peebles is going to make a run at state this year? Havent had a chance to watch them play, so I'm curious to see what y'all think?

Oakhead
Waterboy

Re: Is Peebles legit?

Post by Oakhead »

NO!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

they are a really good team that could make a run at state but their weakness is on defense...ive seen em play twice and both times their d looked lil weak...offensively they are a really good team that can shoot lights out...their star justice is one hell of a shooter but they have have other players that can score in spots where needed..countryman is a really good ballhandler and can score 20+ if needed to..daniels is a big man that can guard any big man u put him on

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Making a state run is very difficult, especially in D3. Peebles is a very good basketball team and I think a great run for them would be winning a district title but as streetballer said, it comes down to defense. They struggle tremendously on the defensive end of the court. To much getting beat baseline, backside boards, etc.... I feel on any given night they can beat anyone is southern ohio if they sit down and play d.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

I have not heard much talk about a "state run" if any at all and I live in Peebles, I would be happy with a district title and that will be hard enough with Chesapeak, Portmouth and Ironton etc... or who ever comes out of Jackson sectional awaiting us at the convo.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Peebles is good and they can score at will just no post game at all....

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I think this year's team is good enough to win a league title, a sectional championship, and with a little luck the district title. Peebles can put up the points...our top 7 players(3 of them post players Team Real-Tree) can put up double digits in the scoring column on any given night.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

I just don't think they can get the boards to win them a district title..... But they can score on anybody and they are a very good team..... Ironton and the Peak just way to much for them on any given night

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Team Real-Tree wrote:I just don't think they can get the boards to win them a district title..... But they can score on anybody and they are a very good team..... Ironton and the Peak just way to much for them on any given night
"Way to much" is a pretty heavy statement..... this year's team is averaging more rebs, stls, etc. than last season's and Ironton(who I think was stronger last year) even then only managed to beat Peebles on a volleyball line shot in double OT.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I think that's what everyone thought last year too team real tree but not only did give Peebles give them everything they wanted, were it not for a couple lapses in good judgement they would have walked off the floor district champs.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

They're get to the districts and maybe a district title game, but that'll be it more than likely.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I think this year Peebles wins the rematch against Ironton...if we get real deep in the tournament I don't know if we have the size to compete with some of the D3 schools...but I do think these boys have an enormous amount of potential and could go far...

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

I think Peebles is a very good team and can beat anyone on any given night in the SEO.especially in D3,with that being said,if they get the two seed and Piketon gets the one seed,Peebles would have to play Chesapeake in the district finals,if both teams advance that far.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think they have as good a backcourt as anyone but after that they are pretty average,Chesapeake or Piketon will grind them up inside!

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I think Peebles could be legit. They have all the firepower to make a deep tournament run.They are starting to establish a solid bench,which is needed at the Convo.The worries i have is the Defense they show signs of really playing well and then it just vanishes.As far as the inside game we need to address more scoring from the inside too loosen it up for the guards.The only thing that scares me is a Off night from the perimeter=long bus ride home!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

We were 3/20(15%) from downtown the last time we played Whiteoak...which still resulted in an 8pt victory. Jake Daniels had 24pts 9reb with Brandon Leedy scoring 8pts and grabbing 9rebs of his own.....Peebles has one of the best, if not THE best, group of gaurds in SEO but when their off others can pick up the slack.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

earp wrote:I think they have as good a backcourt as anyone but after that they are pretty average,Chesapeake or Piketon will grind them up inside!
Peebles would give Piketon all they want in the post....Chesapeake could pose some problems. They are taller than Peebles and know how to use it.

Peebles team heights(players that get significant minutes)
*-annotates starters

*5'9"
*6'1"
*6'2"
*6'3"
*6'6"
6'4"/6'5"
6'1"
5'10"
5'10"

Chesapeake(With Eric Kennedy starting and Thompson coming off the bench)

*5'7"
*6'2"
*6'4"
*6'6"
*6'7"
6'1"
6'

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I might have to lean toward earp on this one.Peebles does have a good point guard and two good off guards.The inside game is lacking.I think they have potential but it just isn't there yet.They better get it together by the District's because we wont run into too many 6'1" or 6'2" centers.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
earp wrote:I think they have as good a backcourt as anyone but after that they are pretty average,Chesapeake or Piketon will grind them up inside!
Peebles would give Piketon all they want in the post....Chesapeake could pose some problems. They are taller than Peebles and know how to use it.

*-annotates starters

*5'9"
*6'1"
*6'2"
*6'3"
*6'6"
6'4"/6'5"
6'1"
5'10"
5'10"

*5'7"
*6'2"
*6'4"
*6'6"
*6'7"
6'1"
6'

I would be really surprised if Daniels is a legit 6'6"......who is peebles other 6'4" 6'5" kid? It would have to be a kid who isn't seeing significant minutes?

Peebles is a nice team, but a scoring big man will definately give them problems...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:

*-annotates starters

*5'9"
*6'1"
*6'2"
*6'3"
*6'6"
6'4"/6'5"
6'1"
5'10"
5'10"

*5'7"
*6'2"
*6'4"
*6'6"
*6'7"
6'1"
6'

I would be really surprised if Daniels is a legit 6'6"......who is peebles other 6'4" 6'5" kid? It would have to be a kid who isn't seeing significant minutes?

Peebles is a nice team, but a scoring big man will definately give them problems...
All heights listed for both teams are with shoes on...Daniels is about 6'5" without. I saw Daniels stand next to Negus Webster Chan(Louisville recruit listed at 6'7") of Huntington Prep at Ironton and they were about the same height even with Chan's fauxhawk. The other kid is Brandon Leedy...he is listed in our programs as 6'5" but I think he is more along the line of 6'3" or 6'4".

Return to “Boys Basketball”