FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Conehead -on ur last paragraph.that's how basketball is thought .if peak plays like they did against point it will be a fhs victory .

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

rv,

It happened, 2002. Their asst coach was their track coach as well I believe, could have been their freshmen coach though. He was on their bench during jv game, and then when we played he was our referee and the ONLY ref. Sorry but I have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen that happen at Chesapeake. The coaches coach, and I don't think a single coach had a ref license.

But anyways. If you polled the entire league and asked where the worst place to play is I guarantee it would be RV.

They all live in the school district. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to
live in the school district for 45 days in order to be considered a resident. Could be wrong. I think you are trying to reach because Collin came from Rose Hill I believe and E. Kennedy came from Spring Valley.

You going to go try and blow the whistle on Ironton, Portsmouth, and South Webster too? Give me a break. Kids transfer, it happens.

FHS,

I don't think you understand that their is a system in place at Chesapeake. Chesapeake has 3 big time scorers, they don't need a player like Fisher who takes a lot of shots himself in the starting lineup imo. They need someone who is a pass first shot second option. Thompson is 6'1, Fisher is 5'9, maybe 5'10. From a defensive perspective Thompson is much longer and a good athlete. I think everyone on Chesapeake's team knows their roles and it works very well, I don't think adding Fisher to the starting lineup would make it better. Him coming off the bench would make much more sense. Fisher is a 2, not a 1, and he is not replacing Copley. I would agree on Evan though, he would make a great 4.

I don't see this being a close game though. Chesapeake will have to be coooooold and Fairland hitting every outside shot. I think it will be much like it was last year.

Chesapeake was up nearly 30 at the half and still won by 22, when you have beaten the previous two teams by 50+ and then you are up nearly 30 at the half v SP, there can be serious let downs. I wouldn't read too much into it.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

I have a different opinion.yours does make since.because every coach has a way try like it.but I think fishers talent is to much to pass up.

kb4peake
Waterboy

Post by kb4peake »

Hate to compare scores BUT....since it's on the table........what are the FHS vs S Point score(s) from this season????? Peake is about + 50 or so on the Pointers........ still curious as to the responses to Peake beating someone by 22 (@ their place/missing 16 FT/when they prob. avg missing 3-4 per game) as such a horrendous performance...........????????

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

peake wrote:rv,

It happened, 2002. Their asst coach was their track coach as well I believe, could have been their freshmen coach though. He was on their bench during jv game, and then when we played he was our referee and the ONLY ref. Sorry but I have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen that happen at Chesapeake. The coaches coach, and I don't think a single coach had a ref license.

But anyways. If you polled the entire league and asked where the worst place to play is I guarantee it would be RV.

They all live in the school district. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to
live in the school district for 45 days in order to be considered a resident. Could be wrong. I think you are trying to reach because Collin came from Rose Hill I believe and E. Kennedy came from Spring Valley.

You going to go try and blow the whistle on Ironton, Portsmouth, and South Webster too? Give me a break. Kids transfer, it happens.

FHS,

I don't think you understand that their is a system in place at Chesapeake. Chesapeake has 3 big time scorers, they don't need a player like Fisher who takes a lot of shots himself in the starting lineup imo. They need someone who is a pass first shot second option. Thompson is 6'1, Fisher is 5'9, maybe 5'10. From a defensive perspective Thompson is much longer and a good athlete. I think everyone on Chesapeake's team knows their roles and it works very well, I don't think adding Fisher to the starting lineup would make it better. Him coming off the bench would make much more sense. Fisher is a 2, not a 1, and he is not replacing Copley. I would agree on Evan though, he would make a great 4.

I don't see this being a close game though. Chesapeake will have to be coooooold and Fairland hitting every outside shot. I think it will be much like it was last year.

Chesapeake was up nearly 30 at the half and still won by 22, when you have beaten the previous two teams by 50+ and then you are up nearly 30 at the half v SP, there can be serious let downs. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Peake,
We are glad you think it is a tough place to play,and if you polled all the parents from RV i think they would just as soon play independent than play in the Lawrence Co biased league,after all the OVC would not let our Jr High play OVC teams until just the past few years, Pretty accommodating huh?
Let's say it this way everyone is glad we are leaving (:

The Track coach was a licensed Referee ,he may have sat on the bench he was not a BBall coach, also unless it was weather related i doubt we could only get 1 ref,I think you are hallucinating,TBH. lol

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

cool. agree to disagree. I agree with you fisher is a good player, don't get me wrong on that. Evan is a really nice player. He is the type of player every coach loves. Plays hard, gives u full effort every game, is a monster on the glass, perfect backside rebound guy for you on offense. If he played for Chesapeake I wouldn't even worry about Portsmouth, Ironton, or Cin. Taft.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This is nothing against RV students or players, it is the coaching staff that picks the refs. Without contest the worst (not difficult unless you count having 3 refs on your side difficult) place to play.

Lawrence County bias? Really. I mean you give them such difficult challenges with your lack of competing your entire existence in our league. I am sure both parties are happy parting ways. I know after thumping RV every year in football you never helped us get points for the playoffs. In basketball I can remember maybe two years when the game was actually a game. Track program didn't compete with ours. I dunno i just never really saw fit in the first place.

Like I said I played in the game, we had a single ref on the floor the entire game and he was on your bench the entire jv game.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

peake wrote:This is nothing against RV students or players, it is the coaching staff that picks the refs. Without contest the worst (not difficult unless you count having 3 refs on your side difficult) place to play.

Lawrence County bias? Really. I mean you give them such difficult challenges with your lack of competing your entire existence in our league. I am sure both parties are happy parting ways. I know after thumping RV every year in football you never helped us get points for the playoffs. In basketball I can remember maybe two years when the game was actually a game. Track program didn't compete with ours. I dunno i just never really saw fit in the first place.

Like I said I played in the game, we had a single ref on the floor the entire game and he was on your bench the entire jv game.

Our girls really felt the same way in Volleyball, unchallenged.
How many years have you made the playoffs in football 2?
Your kids on the Bball team do not live in Lawrence Co,Kennedy has KY plates on his car,and lives in Grayson Ky and drives it every day. Call it what you want. Please learn to be honest would you?
Thanks

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

We have made the playoffs 7 times .

I am just calling a spade a spade in the majority of sports that you have participated in the OVC in you have provided Chesapeake no challenge. I can't speak for the other teams in the conference, but playing RV was like playing Green back in the day. It really did nothing for us.

"kids" plural

I don't know the case, but if you feel so moved by it then please go blow the whistle. I live in Durham, NC, so I dont know what to say to you.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Colin Kennedy does not live in Kentucky. He moved to Chesapeake last year(edited) and also kept his house in Grayson, but he lived in Chesapeake. If I'm not mistaken, they sold that this year and have property in Chesapeake. Stop trying to make accusations about people who you know nothing about. Thanks.
Last edited by conehead on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

FHSstudentsection wrote:Conehead -on ur last paragraph.that's how basketball is thought .if peak plays like they did against point it will be a fhs victory .
You're forgetting the fact that, although they shot terribly, Chesapeake still won by 22.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

conehead wrote:Colin Kennedy does not live in Kentucky. He moved to Chesapeake last semester and also kept his house in Grayson, but he lived in Chesapeake. If I'm not mistaken, they sold that this year and now only have property in Chesapeake. Stop trying to make accusations about people who you know nothing about. Thanks.
oh pointy headed one, if in fact collin kennedy moved here last semester,wasn't he on the team last year?
you only make yourself look foolish trying to talk your way out of what you know nothing of,kennedy never lived in chesapeake much like the kids from barboursville, my whole family lives in grayson,he drives home to ky every night.
it's illegal and mosy likely has been reported already. if that is what it takes to get your public school team to the state and your people who live within the district are ok with it,have fun til you get caught. "like rose hill did" it's coming

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
conehead wrote:Colin Kennedy does not live in Kentucky. He moved to Chesapeake last semester and also kept his house in Grayson, but he lived in Chesapeake. If I'm not mistaken, they sold that this year and now only have property in Chesapeake. Stop trying to make accusations about people who you know nothing about. Thanks.
oh pointy headed one, if in fact collin kennedy moved here last semester,wasn't he on the team last year?
you only make yourself look foolish trying to talk your way out of what you know nothing of,kennedy never lived in chesapeake much like the kids from barboursville, my whole family lives in grayson,he drives home to ky every night.
it's illegal and mosy likely has been reported already. if that is what it takes to get your public school team to the state and your people who live within the district are ok with it,have fun til you get caught. "like rose hill did" it's coming
Look who's the foolish one--Colin did play for Chesapeake last year. Eric Kennedy is new this year, and I don't know anything about where he lives. But I know Colin and I do know his family sold their house in Grayson and live in Chesapeake. Quit trying to make something out of nothing.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

conehead wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
Look who's the foolish one--Colin did play for Chesapeake last year. Eric Kennedy is new this year, and I don't know anything about where he lives. But I know Colin and I do know his family sold their house in Grayson and live in Chesapeake. Quit trying to make something out of nothing.
foolish? i think i said he was on the team last year while he lived in ky? according to you?
he has carter co plates on his car?? hmmmm. wow seems a nerve has been struck? recruiting is illegal and you most likely will be caught,just lke rose hill.
something of nothing?

ok ! nothing lol, we will see?

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Sorry I miswrote. Colin moved to Chesapeake last year but kept his house in Grayson. He sold it sometime this year and still lives in Chesapeake.

College is getting the best of me. "semester" takes the place of a lot of words for some reason. Either way, there's nothing illegal going on. The kid lives where he goes to school. GIve it a rest.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
It's funny this topic came up, Me and a guy I work with was talking about this the other day.

I don't know if they have homes in both places or not but according to the guy I work with (who lives by them) they still have the home in Grayson. He drives by their house everyday coming to work.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

earp
S

Post by earp »

This guide should clear up any questions you have about this subject!

http://www.ohsaa.org/eligibility/Transf ... idance.htm

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Arguing this is a waste of time. If you don't want to believe that Chesapeake is playing by the rules then that's fine. All that matters is what the OHSAA thinks.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

according to the bylaw on establishing residency you basically have to purchase some sort of residence (house, apartment). Meaning---if you have a house in Ky and an apartment in Chesapeake, that works. I don't know if this is the case, and I think it is stupid to even debate it without knowing specifics.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Chesapeake 73 Fairland 49

Fisher will hit for at least 25. Peake man-to-man defense has trouble guarding players who can take the ball to the basket off the dribble.

Return to “Boys Basketball”