FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Peake
SEOP

Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by Peake »

I am old enough to know they were in the conference at one point, as was Oak Hill, Buffalo and CK.

Symmes Valley has been very good in football for a long time, and their softball team won the state a few years back. They would really add strength to the conference.

River Valley is not a good fit for the OVC at this point imo. It will be good for both parties.

Anyways, great win for Chesapeake!

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to the Panthers on the win..

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

this was the first time i have seen ches. play this year. after reading all of this crap about Fisher wouldn't even start on ches. team is obsurd!!!!!!!!!! he made Hinze and Thompson look bad tonite. no one on that team could stay with him. Poor Hinze was running in circles trying to stay with him. As for Mcmasters.......... heck of a ball plaYER!!!!one last comment, IMO, the guards for ches. didn't impress me at all. all they did was pass it as fast as they could to Mcmasters or Copley. didn't try to penatrate at all. Dont know for sure how many points the guards had for them but it was very few. seems like a three man team but those three are good

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Interesting....Thanks for sharing.

How many did Fisher have?

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

Sure he may have ran passed them, but if you keep running and don't stop, you will get three charges called and foul out later. Thompson is a sophomore and Patrick is a junior, and that was one of the craziest environments they played in. I think they played very well when they were in and like I said earlier in the thread, they all know their roles on the team and they all can hit a shot when needed. They both did well tonight. And from the looks fisher was getting, and low scoring night, I wouldn't necessarily say the defense was that bad. I think Davis would be fine with giving off balance contested foul line jumpers every game if thats what the other team wants to shoot.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

all of Fishers shot was contested by the big guys inside NOT the guys covering him. so dont make it sound like those two were the ones in his face. all they seen was his back as he went by them. And yes he fouled out ans so did McMASTERS AND kennedy.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Brandon Noble shut Fisher down when he guarded him. Fisher may be fast, but he's out of control. That's why he wouldn't start. He tries to do it all himself. Our guards know their roles-get the ball to the scorers. Not every player has to drop 20 a night to be a good player. If we didn't have those guys out there, I don't think they would be nearly as good.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

how'd Evan do?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

conehead---point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. Well said.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Evan had a good night.not that many points but got a lot of boards and was after the ball.

Buckeyes41---well put.peakebhasbgreat guards but hintz had 2 fouls both committed on fisher .they took him out put javon on him.same exact happened .all of fishers short were contested by the big guys.

Anyways....great game.Austin had an amazing night and everyone for peake did good.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Nice win for the peake, but if they want to go deep in the tourney, they better learn how to stop the point guard from driving to the basket. If Hintz gets beat then someone needs to slide over and stop the penetration.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Impressive win by the Peake. Fisher could easily start at point for Peake and contribute. # 34 for for Peake outstanding player.. I think referee's let this game get outta control on both ends, very very sloppy. and if im not mistaken #34 and #55 fouled out as well as Fisher and Fisher had the other 2 guards in foul trouble in the first half..

As a Fan that has no Dog in the fight on either team, just had the chance to watch a high school game, POOR POOR POOR POOR Sportmanship by Chesepeake Head Coach. Up FORTY points with 5 minutes, and still had 5 starters in the game is rediculous. 3 minutes left in the game, after 2 starters fouled out he still kept 3 starters in the game and with Time expiring Copley in dribbling the basketball..... Wow, DID i mention poor SPortsmanship. Not wishing anything on a Chesapeake player and thankful nothing happened, but would have loved to see the look and reaction of Fans if a Panther would have went down with a broken Ankle with 1 minute left in the game. Whats the reasoning behind playing starters until the end of the game on a conference opponent up 40???? can someone answer? what happens if Copley or Mcmasters or 55 brake a Ankle in the final 2 minutes of game?? The coach gets rediculed, and ruins the whole town and communities hope of winning a state championship..

I also hope Coach Davis never has a down season or players dont stop transferring into Peake b/c Rivals will have every reason to Run up score. Overall Chesapeake a Great team with Ton of talent. Feel they have a legit chance of Playing Columbus. But Poor Poor Poor Sportsmanship from Peake Coach!!! Bottom line, no sense in that!!!

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Waterboy- unfortunatley in todays world, it's not good enough to win just by a few points, you have to blow people out or it hurts you when it comes time for votes. If you need an example go back in the "Elite 8" posts and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that its right. Also, remember that this is a very heated Rivalry between these two schools.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

This was an over capacity crowd for one of the most anticipated games of the season. I'm sure a very small percentage of the crowd found this unsportsmanlike. I for one wanted to see the starters go at it for the full 32 minutes no matter what the score. Most everybody already saw the jv play once this evening, and although it was a good game, I doubt a lot of people wanted to see them play again. Like you said, it's a rivalry game. It's just Chesapeake's turn to run up the score I guess. And I didn't see Fairland trying to put their subs in, either.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

Waterboy although this is my first post I have kept up with this site since it was started.First you get on here and call us out on class and sportsmanship? Lets go back a few weeks Fairland junior high plays Chesapeake and the team from Fairland comes out with warm up shirts that say Fairland thumbs up and on the back Chesapeake thumbs down would you say poor sportsmanship or classless? At the St Joe invitational while the peake was playing Ironton the Fairland students and fans were rooting against and this is in your words "a fellow ovc school" is that classless or poor sportsmanship? also Fairland 64 Raceland 29,Fairland 83 wayne 34 classless or poor sportsmanship.I guarantee you had Fairland been able to run up the score they would have and loved it case in point Ibelieve a few years back fairland beat the peake in football like 55 to 6 so I,we could care less what you think it is not our job to stop scoring its your job to keep us from scoring. And in the words of an all time great coach"If you do not want beat that bad bring a better team"Steve Spurrier.One more thing what about the signs the Fairland students held up classless or poor Sportsmanship?

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Waterboy you need to stick to dishing out H20 and that's it.

I would be embarrassed if I was getting beat like a drum and the other coach put his subs in first. You wanna cry that it's etiquette and should be done? Says who? After all the low class stunts Fairland has pulled this season, I think the rocks they are throwing in their glass houses are making a mess.

Good win Panthers, the season finale in Proctorville next Saturday should be a raunchy atmosphere.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

to hear all of you ches. people on here, ches. should be ranked #1 in the nation. all I'm trying to say is Fisher exposed something on ches. If you have a guard that can get penatration on them and dish it off in the paint (like he did coming out the second half) they will be in trouble. anyways Ches. does have a good team but they DO have some flaws. And as far as thefinally being at Fairland next Sat., I guarantee you if the students from Ches. pay to get in they will have every right to sit where ever they want. Unlike Fairland students who was made to move by principle race!!!!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Ok Peake faithful, I for one have no idea what fairland junior high did or the rock throwing. I came to Peake to watch a good team and hopefully a competitive game. Unfortunately iy wasnt competitive due to Peake's talent and size.
Your right it is the other teams job to stop them from scoring, as a former player and coach myself i know class and sportsmanship and that was not displayed, be the bigger man! High school student sections are suppose to be loud rowdy and obnoxious, that makes the game more enjoyable for the kids.
Now answer my question??? What does ut prove playing your starters up Forty at the end of the game? What do you say about the coach if Mcmasters, Copley, or #55 brake a hand or ankle with 1 minute left diving for a loose ball or running inyo bleachers.. Thats all im saying???? No reason they should be in the game! Prove me otherwise?

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Waterboy let me ask you a question, at what point in the season do you let your starters play all 4 quarters to get them ready for tourney play? Coach Davis has called off the dogs in every game except for a few. If he keeps taking them out at the end of the 3rd quarter it will hurt the team come tourney time. I see your point about getting one of them hurt, but that could easily happen in the first half just as it could in the 2nd half. You as an ex-coach should know this of all people.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I will say this waterboy, and I appreciate your opinion. This is a problem that Chesapeake has long had going back to the Norm Persin days. What good does it do your players when they are only playing 3 quarters a game, and then they get to the tournament and the players are now having to go 4 quarters. That is my thinking, and as an assistant coach, I have seen it done more then once as tournament time comes closer. Coaches are trying to get players used to playing all 32 minutes, not get used to playing 24.

Just my opinion.

As many great coaches have said----Don't complain about someone running up the score, because it's your job to stop them from scoring.

Return to “Boys Basketball”