FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

conehead
Freshman Team

Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by conehead »

StudenSection, I guess I'm just a little old school when it comes to student sections. You can be loud and obnoxious but cussing is crossing the line. If my kid would ever take part in something like that, they'd be lucky to get to go to another game that season and if they did, they'd be right beside me. Mr. Rase, Smith, and Morgan don't put up with anything out of the line. Bellville, on the other hand, lets them do and say whatever they want. You compare yourself to Duke; but you're forgetting that you're not in college, you don't have a Coach K, you're not a nationally ranked basketball team, and your team doesn't have a history like Duke does. Acting like them isn't going to make you like them.

As for Fairland's team, they're a pretty good group. Fisher's got a nice shot and Salyers does a good job in the paint. I still don't think they would be starting for Chesapeake, though. If they can't do any better against our defense than they did against us last night, why should they start? I do think they could contribute, however. They are good players, but ours are better. But debating this is pretty dumb since they go to Fairland. Oh, and I don't really like Fairland's uniforms. Something about those waistbands....

Buckeyes41, we spend most of our time talking up our players becase people like you are continuously dogging them and trying to bring the team down. And you must not read very hard because I know we do talk about the other teams as well.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Also agree with uniforms....and it's not comparing to duke.it's an example....and it's not belville's responsibility .it is the AD and he is laid back.and a former coach who understand that fans help a whole lot in hs sports

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

If I'm not mistaken, principals are supposed to be in charge of their students.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

conehead; maybe I should say it again for you" I SAIS THAT CHESSY HAS A GOOD TEAM, ALOT OF TALENT ON THE COURT." I'm not saying anything bad about the team at all. Enjoyed watchn them. I know its hard for you to understand that but I speak what I see. sorry but I think you are a narrow minded person. good luck to everyone in the tourny.

earp
S

Post by earp »

This kinda cracks me up people whining about the rude student section!It is mild compared to what it used to be at Peake vs Fairland games! You should have been at some of the games back in the 80s and 90s! :lol:

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

After rereading this, it rambled, so I'm trying it again...

Buckeye41, please reread your first post after the game and tell me you weren't talking down about Chessy's guards. You said it was the first time you had seen the team play but you sure had a lot of narrow-minded comments about them. Do you really think that if they played the way they did last night they would have started every game this season for a team that's only lost once? I highly doubt it. They know their roles--get the ball to they guys who score--but they can also score themselves. They do a fantastic job ususally, but they got into foul trouble quickly last night. It's hard to play their usual aggressive style D with two fouls. Try coming to another game...I'mm sure they'll impress you then.

Oh, and it's Hintz, not Hinze.
Last edited by conehead on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Earp I go back to the 70's and they were wild then. I have been setting back and reading these posts and finally thought it was time to join as a new poster. This game is over and both schools have more games to play.

earp
S

Post by earp »

So you know what im talking about peake71?It has calmed down quite a bit compared to back in the day!Its a rivalry game,Funny thing is though I was also friends with alot of Chesapeake people when there wasnt a sporting event going on and some of them are life long friends!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

There R all sortsa personalities within a given student body, & a principal can't be everywhere at once. However, he CAN take care of persistent obnoxious behavior. Clearly, no student body likesta see one of their athletic teams getting hammered, & will voice their displeasure.

As for Peake, Coach Davis is NOT gonna put a player in & tell him to loaf. Having a hoops player shoot when open with 1:50 left in the game & a 40-point lead is NOT the same as having a 40-point lead in football & kicking a FG or going 4 a 2-point conversion with 1:50 left in the game.

Athletic success runs in cycles. Who knows when Fairland will have a loaded team? yes, coaching has mucho to do with it. Long as Davis coaches Peake, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in hoops, same as Wayne, WV is in football with Harmon as coach.

Fairland boosters, why don'tcha see & do what it takes to beat Peake in a fair matchup? It starts with Buddy Basketball. But sometimes U get the bear......

earp
S

Post by earp »

As far as last nights game goes Chesapeake is by far the best team in this area right now and I dont think it is even close,Until someone proves they can step up and compete then they will continue to be!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The most important thing to me about this group is that they play as a team and they continue to play hard the whole game. Coach Davis expects them to play hard and also to work had in the classroom, that is the reason these boys have one the best gpa in the STATE.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

buckeye41 who is your team may i aask?

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

I was at the game last night, wow great atmosphere. Chesapeake is a good team, Fairland was playing really well until last night. But when you shoot as poorly as they did last night any team in the ovc would have beat them. There is another game on saturday at Fairland so we will see how that one turns out. Im reading all this junk about getting ready for tourney, good job peake get ready, but we seem to forget Fairland is going to be a top seed in their bracket, so I believe they have a tournament to look forward to as well. And if your any kind of fan you always cheer against your opponent, to do otherwise is just plain dumb, so get over yourselves. Then you all talk about class and on here all you do is trash each other and each others teams, thats class. bunch of turds!!

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

trd there are 8 teams in the jackson bracket that would be the 1 seed in athens bracket just so you know.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

congrats to Peake on another great win....

as far as classless well fairland is very predictable.... they have never been made to keep it clean so to speak... Chesapeake has been what they say is very highly monitored by the principle and ad unlike fairland.... as far as the team sitting where they do at fairland well that would fall on fairland they put their student section behind the visitors... And no matter what u say that is rude..

again congrats to the Panthers on another great win!!!!!!!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

sftblfrk....in boys basketball the bench fhs bench is infront of studentsection.....in girls the bench is flipped for some reason.so they were infront of us.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/02/1 ... -battle-2/

McMaster had six rebounds while Colin Kennedy finished with 10 points and seven boards. Eric Kennedy had 12 points with Nathan Copley getting nine points, three steals and six assists.

Holbrook had 15 points and eight rebounds for Fairland. Salyers finished with nine points and 10 rebounds.

The two teams meet again Saturday at Fairland.

Fairland 8 8 4 11 = 31

Chesapeake 20 15 12 25 = 72

FAIRLAND (12-6, 6-2): Jon Baise 1 0 0-1 2, Chad Fisher 1 0 2-2 4, Eric Riley 0 0 0-0 0, Jonathan Holbrook 5 1 2-3 15, Evan Salyers 4 0 1-3 9, Blaine Fuller 0 0 1-2 1, Evan Maddox 0 0 0-0 0, Matt Campbell 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 12-53 6-11 31. Fouls: 21. Fouled out: Fisher (4th 5:28), Holbrook (4th 1:49). 3-point goals: 1-13. Rebounds: 11 offense, 22 defense = 33 (Salyers 9, Holbrook 8). Team/deadball rebounds: 10. Assists: 6 (Fisher 2, Fuller 2). Steals: 4. Turnovers: 23.

CHESAPEAKE (16-1, 7-0): Nathan Copley 2 1 2-2 9, Patrick Hintz 1 0 0-0 2, Javon Thompson 1 1 0-0 5, Austin McMaster 11 0 5-8 27, Colin Kennedy 3 0 4-5 10, Eric Kennedy 3 1 3-3 12, Brandon Noble 2 1 0-0 7, Seth Skeens 0 0 0-0 0. Totals: 27-52 14-19 72. Fouls: 19. Fouled out: McMaster (4th 5:34), C. Kennedy (4th 3:35). 3-point goals: 5-13. Rebounds: 7 offense, 31 defense = 38 (C. Kennedy 7, McMasters 6). Team/deadball rebounds: 8. Assists: 12 (Copley 6, Thompson 3). Steals: 12 (Copley 3). Turnovers: 12.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

To all there is such hatred between these two teams that it will never be civilized.We, Chesapeake will beat them everytime we get a chance and as bad as we can because they are classless,clueless and think they are way better than every one else. As you could peruse all previous post on here and Chessy has probably not said two words derogatory about another team.This rivalry is as bad as Duke-NC both are about 7 miles apart and neither like each other.No one on here has answered my previos post on when Fairland ran up the score in football why that is ok?or when they beat wayne and raceland into the ground that was ok,or when they rooted against us against Ironton that was ok biut at the same time wanting mercy in this game it amazes me it really does.And honestly I do not care I hope we give them another beating Sat. just so you know.Sat prediction "PAIN" 88-27

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

One more thing Fairland had there chance when they were spposedly loaded with Hatfield,Lamb,and many more and could not do it even when Chesapeake had marginal talent at best Davis was coaching them and ended up 6 wins for chesapeake 2 losses 0 blowouts either way so yes I would say Davis is a great coach without talent tremendous with talent.IMO

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I will try and be as objective as possible (Chessy alum).

The transfer debate. First of all, take away both players and Chesapeake imo is still far better then any team in the conference. Copley and McMaster are far far better then anyone else in the conference and it isn't even close. McMaster is a different animal, one the conference has not seen in a very long time. Earp or 71 may be able to answer this, but when is the last time you saw a 6'5-6'6 guard who is a matchup nightmare like McMaster in the conference? I think it is funny to even bring this up. Success breads success. Kids want to be apart of something successful. I don't blame kids one single bit for wanting to transfer to Chesapeake, Wheelrsburg, Ironton, etc. Why would a kid not want to be apart of programs like that? What I do find funny is the fact that Fairland has benefited from Chesapeake players as well. John Baise (Chesapeake product), Cole Hatfield, Junior Jamie, Triston Clark. All of these players lived in Chespeake and some came back, but all of which were at Fairland at some given point. The good team that went through Fairland Lamb and company, all played buddy basketball and all-stars at Chesapeake.

Student sections:I do remember the intense battles between both student sections. I know that Chesapeake has become much more closely monitored since the creation of the Wrecking Crew. That group did their homework and would get trash on players and call out girl friends names, mothers, sisters, etc. The Dunfee kid and his mother called the BOE at Chesapeake several times after his mothers name was called everytime he touched the ball. Chesapeake's student section worked hard to bend the rules without breaking them (cursing), but after the SJI one year, a gun was pulled and students were targeted in the Chesapeake student section and that pretty much put a stop to how over the top the Wrecking Crew could get. Maybe it will take that close monitoring for Fairland to change, dunno.

BTW, I have been in the Cameron Crazies several times, most recently for the Carolina game (wife is a law student at Duke), and all of their chants have 0 cursing. I would compare yourselves to Duke, bad example imo.

Return to “Boys Basketball”