Teams That Have Deceiving Records

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Teams That Have Deceiving Records

Post by danicalifornia »

Whoever ends up with the 3 seed in the Southeastern Sectional can't possibly be excited. They'll face Waverly and then have to face another very good team to even get to the Convo.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

futurebkstar wrote:They play all the teams in their sectional twice except beaver. That leaves no more games!!
So again I ask, what teams did SG play that are tougher than what they will see in the tourny? Or did you put them on here because they won 5 TVC games? Also, I don't remember many people on here saying they would not win any games, but I do remember some of you SG people saying they would win a lot of league games and could contend for the title.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

People may have said that and there are more TVC games that the Rebels have to play so they can get some more TVC wins. All I'm saying is, the Rebels are the team that could pull an upset come tourny time.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Cheaspeake- deceivingly good record
Waverly- deceivingly bad record

Not saying Peake isn't the best team in SEO arguably. Just saying they haven't played that tough of a schedule. Waverly hasn't had a great schedule either and they are not a great team but they ARE dangerous strictly because of the potential of a couple kids to go off any given night.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Rebels on 3 wrote:People may have said that and there are more TVC games that the Rebels have to play so they can get some more TVC wins. All I'm saying is, the Rebels are the team that could pull an upset come tourny time.
I get you, and I can't say I disagree.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

1. Ironton has the toughest schd of anyone in SEO and it is not even close. Cin Taft, Chesapeake (twice), Portsmouth, Huntington High, Ashland, John Glenn, Wheelersburg, Huntington Prep. No one can even come close to matching that.

2. Chesapeake and their not so great schedule: Wheelersburg (13-4) won by 25, Ironton (11-5) won twice by 8 and 15, Parkersburg South (7-7) won by 25, Athens won by 17, Columbus Africentric (9-4) won by 9, beat (8-10) Spring Valley by 38, beat Gallia by 55, lost to Logan, WV by 1. The rest of the conference schedule Chesapeake has beaten teams by an average of 38ppg.

Chesapeake has not played the schedule that Chilli has played no, but that is why we are a D3 school and not a d2 school. Will Irontons schedule pay off for them in the tournament, we will see. So far it hasn't helped them to beat Chesapeake or Portsmouth. If they get outed early then what? So how is Chesapeake's record deceiving?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't think Chesapeake's record is deceiving at all.....it's telling.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

peake wrote:1. Ironton has the toughest schd of anyone in SEO and it is not even close. Cin Taft, Chesapeake (twice), Portsmouth, Huntington High, Ashland, John Glenn, Wheelersburg, Huntington Prep. No one can even come close to matching that.

2. Chesapeake and their not so great schedule: Wheelersburg (13-4) won by 25, Ironton (11-5) won twice by 8 and 15, Parkersburg South (7-7) won by 25, Athens won by 17, Columbus Africentric (9-4) won by 9, beat (8-10) Spring Valley by 38, beat Gallia by 55, lost to Logan, WV by 1. The rest of the conference schedule Chesapeake has beaten teams by an average of 38ppg.

Chesapeake has not played the schedule that Chilli has played no, but that is why we are a D3 school and not a d2 school. Will Irontons schedule pay off for them in the tournament, we will see. So far it hasn't helped them to beat Chesapeake or Portsmouth. If they get outed early then what? So how is Chesapeake's record deceiving?
Smart scheduling IMO, this will get all those Sophomores that play Varsity this year ready for their JR and SR years Carter, White, Fletcher, Culbertson, Glover, and Brown when He returns next year plus some good players on the JV.

Der Koondogger
Waterboy

Post by Der Koondogger »

Trimble could be dangerous if what I hear around the hallways is true. It has been said that they are going back to running some half court offense the way the previous coach did. Also that they are going to do like the old coach did and go talk to some of the players that quit about coming back on the team. So even though the old coach has moved on to bigger and better things, it looks like he is still having a positive impact on the program. If all this is true like I said they will be a tough out come tourny time.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

in my opinion the records are all decieving.... we know that every body just goes through the motions until the last 5 games of the season....lol

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Waverly at (7-10), they have lost alot of close games.

6 of their 10 losses have been 3 points or less with 1 point losses to Piketon, Ironton and Valley.

To me that just says they can't finish close games.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I have to say Northwest, losing 90% of their offense last year they are holding up nicely with an 8-9 (maybe 7-9) record and picking off a few top tier teams just like I said they would in an earlier post. Not all of the talent but smart well coached players that have been able to help shape and mold how the SOC turns up again in a big way yet again this year. I just wish we would quit helping Burg out, they owe us one day cause this is what the 2'nd time in 3 years we have helped them potentially seal the league. :?

Return to “Boys Basketball”