All State

Re: 2-8 Fed @ Belpre

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Fed Hock by 12

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Belpre won the first one and I think Belpre takes this one at home. Tough place to play.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre won at Fed-Hock by 8 but they are hurt by the injury bug now.They lost Cody Sellers Friday with a broken collarbone and their leading scorer RaShawn Miller suffered a severe ankle sprain in the Southern game on saturday. Cody is definetly out and Rashawn is most likely not going to be able to play.The JV's that were brought up played well at Southern so they may still be able to get a win at home if the other starters continue to play well.LETS GO EAGLES!!!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

FH needs to get some momentum going if they have any hope of pulling some upsets in the tournament.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

This is the week for the Lancers to gain some momentum. Away games against Belpre and Miller are both very win-able.

I see on the D-3 Athens Sectional Draw that Fed Hock is listed as "Not a Threat." Please prove the nay-sayers wrong and finish the season strong. Its no longer about records, its about closing out games, playing smart, and continuing to grow as a TEAM.

Best of luck Lancers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Belpre and Miller are two of the toughest places to play. Small tight floors. Federal barely escapes Miller every year and Waterford I see just won by 2 there. Miller is do to get someone at their place and Federal may be it. Belpre is dark and normally have refs out of the WV chapter so Federal will have to adapt to how the call the game.

Eagletown
Waterboy

Post by Eagletown »

Even with the injuries, I believe Belpre will still take this game. I know Eaglepawpaw mentioned Miller being the leading scorer, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true. But don't quote me. I think the leading scorer is Waderker. Belpre still has him, and they have Jake Ullman who has done a tremendous amount of scoring as of late. I don't think Belpre is going to be hurt on the scoring side, as much as they are going to hurt on the boards without Sellers. I think of him as the teams intensity, as Eaglepawpaw put. Sellers does the little things like taking charges, going after the loose balls, and never gives up on offensive rebounds. Great player, I hate to see him go down. As for Miller, it's hard for me to see him go down, especially as he has hit his stride. I hate seeing players get injured, especially seniors.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I agree. I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially seniors.

The big key for a Belpre win is to control the boards. No put backs on the defensive end; getting 2nd and 3rd chances on the offensive end.

Belpre gets a 4 point win in a very tight game.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

35AIRmhs13
Waterboy

Post by 35AIRmhs13 »

Marietta by 3 in a close one

Voice_of_Reason
Waterboy

Post by Voice_of_Reason »

Rex, Skidmore, Parsons, and Saylor ALL need to score near double digits for the Lancers to win.

When all four of the Lancers main scoring threats are on, the Lancers can compete with anyone in the TVC-Hocking.

IF FH plays like they did at Trimble, the Lancers will win. IF they play like they did LAST WEEK...:(

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

35AIRmhs13 wrote:Marietta by 3 in a close one

Wrong thread bud :oops: :oops:

All those comedians out of work............

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Final Belpre 45
Federal-Hock 44
Good game

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

The Lancers have lost a lot of close games this year. That will definitly wear on a team's resolve. At this point they need to focus on getting better each and every night and making the most of their remaining games.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagletown wrote:Even with the injuries, I believe Belpre will still take this game. I know Eaglepawpaw mentioned Miller being the leading scorer, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true. But don't quote me. I think the leading scorer is Waderker. Belpre still has him, and they have Jake Ullman who has done a tremendous amount of scoring as of late. I don't think Belpre is going to be hurt on the scoring side, as much as they are going to hurt on the boards without Sellers. I think of him as the teams intensity, as Eaglepawpaw put. Sellers does the little things like taking charges, going after the loose balls, and never gives up on offensive rebounds. Great player, I hate to see him go down. As for Miller, it's hard for me to see him go down, especially as he has hit his stride. I hate seeing players get injured, especially seniors.
You were exactly right Eagletown, Cody's intensity was missed along with his rebounding.RaShawn surprisingly was able to play and I believe he scored a team high 18 points.As for the leading scorer RaShawn and Erik were neck and neck prior to this game.I had it figured up as RaShawn 16 games 228 points and Erik 16 games 222 points.Good win for the Eagles 2 conference games in a row.

floyd88
Waterboy

Post by floyd88 »

Strangest thing ever seen at a high school basketball game:

A large cut-out of a ref's black and white jersey hung on a wall inside the Belpre gym. Words painted in orange on the jersey said, "6th Man". Classy.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Close lose or not it's still adds up to another lose for Federal Hocking. Coaching normally wins close games and they haven't won many of them.

BelEagle79
Waterboy

Post by BelEagle79 »

"Strangest thing ever seen at a high school basketball game:

A large cut-out of a ref's black and white jersey hung on a wall inside the Belpre gym. Words painted in orange on the jersey said, "6th Man". Classy."

The sign you are refering to has been in Belpre's gym for years or one close to it. Students from back in the 90's and early 2000's use to wear the black/ white ref shirts all the time and most were the so called leaders of the "6th Man" student fan section. It has nothing to do with the refs. When Belpre had the state teams in that time frame our student section was one of if not the loudest in the area.

floyd88
Waterboy

Post by floyd88 »

Thanks for the clarification about the 6th man.

Return to “Boys Basketball”