Minford @ Wheelersburg 2/11

4thgoal
SEOPS

Minford @ Wheelersburg 2/11

Post by 4thgoal »

Senior parents night at Wheelersburg Friday night. Wheelersburg needs to bounce back from their first back-to-back losses of the season. Hopefully these last 2 home games will allow them to get back on track before the sectionals. The first meeting at Minford was a blow out with Burg winning 49-23, but Minford has shown they can beat anyone if they show up. Burg is looking for their 28th SOC trophy and can claim at least a share of the SOCII with a win.

GO PIRATES!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Minford @ Wheelersburg 2/11

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Lets go minford!

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Depends on what Burg team shows up... I dont understand why they slow the game down when they got Shank, Massie and McBee who can get up and down the court and create transition buckets.. Since slowing the game down the last two ball games has resulted in losses and more turnovers. Stegman is great athlete , the only thing I would like to see more of with him is when he gets the ball down low go up with it right away if he draws the double and triple team kick it to a shooter.. I also have an opinion who should be the ones shooting the ball more and often and getting them open for shots but will keep it to myself.. taken shots vs shots made on the year should tell ya who needs to be pulling the trigger.. JMO..
I really hope Burg can turn this thing around the last 2 games and come tourny time.. If not it will be a one and done in the tourny..
It will be either Oak Hill or Ironton we will be facing in the tourny, they will have to bring there A game just to get to the Convo..The Jackson sectional is loaded ..

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

We won't know until Sunday, but the way I see it, we will be playing Oak Hill in our first game at Jackson for the sectional. The winner will get the #1 seed from Waverly (Peebles or Piketon) in the first game at the Convo and the winner of that will move on to likely play Ironton.

First we need to worry about winning these last 2 games at home for the SOCII!

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

4th n Goal wrote:We won't know until Sunday, but the way I see it, we will be playing Oak Hill in our first game at Jackson for the sectional. The winner will get the #1 seed from Waverly (Peebles or Piketon) in the first game at the Convo and the winner of that will move on to likely play Ironton.

First we need to worry about winning these last 2 games at home for the SOCII!
Agree !!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I look for the falcons to come out and play well in this game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Minford has improved on the season but burg isn't gonna lose at home, especially with a share of the title on the line. GO BURG!

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Minford will be playing from behind early. Pirates have a lot to prove after a rough past 7 days. They come out firing on all cylinders tonight.

Burg 58
Minford 41

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bballin wrote:Depends on what Burg team shows up... I dont understand why they slow the game down when they got Shank, Massie and McBee who can get up and down the court and create transition buckets..
I think we need a faster game as well. Agaist a team like Ironton, we can't keep up in a track meet, but with Minford and Oak Hill we should be able to run them out of the gym. Hopefully they open it up a little tonight and move the score from the 40's to the 60's. I expect a big crowd tonight and once again some friendly rivalry between the cheer blocks!

GO PIRATES!!

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Lets go Falcons. This is the first and possibly last time I will ever cheer for you, so get it done tonight.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg 60
Minford 45

Whats the word... Burg Burg Burg!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

pirates will not lose this one at home. minford struggling more than burg. probably will be interesting game. pirates have made most of the that way this year.

Former Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Former Pirate »

The thing fans need to realize is that this burg team is not a team that will go out and score 70+ pts a game. Had Burg tried to run with Ironton they would have been blown out of the gym. IMO when we slowed the game down Burg got some really good shot selections that just didnt fall for them. Agreed turnovers were a major problem in the ironton game. IMO if you take away irontons points off turnovers that game ends up a lot closer (not sure on exact #s). At any rate Minford would have to play the game of their life to beat Burg @ home 2n. Coming off two straight losses expect the Burg to tip off in 5th gear and never slow down. Very hard to beat a Coach B team coming off a loss.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

RxBurgFan wrote:pirates will not lose this one at home. minford struggling more than burg. probably will be interesting game. pirates have made most of the that way this year.
Agreed.....Burg is 7-1 at home and 5-0 at home in SOCII games.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Former Pirate wrote:The thing fans need to realize is that this burg team is not a team that will go out and score 70+ pts a game. Had Burg tried to run with Ironton they would have been blown out of the gym. IMO when we slowed the game down Burg got some really good shot selections that just didnt fall for them. Agreed turnovers were a major problem in the ironton game. IMO if you take away irontons points off turnovers that game ends up a lot closer (not sure on exact #s). At any rate Minford would have to play the game of their life to beat Burg @ home 2n. Coming off two straight losses expect the Burg to tip off in 5th gear and never slow down. Very hard to beat a Coach B team coming off a loss.
According to the Ironton paper, Burg only had 8 TO's in the game. It sure seemed like more than that, probably because they were bad TO's that led to fast break opportunities. Getting out rebounded 36-21 and shooting 3/19 behind the arc were the biggest problems Tuesday.

Hopefully, Burg comes out focused and firing on all cylinders tonight!

Former Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Former Pirate »

It seemd like Ironton scorerd on all 8 of them. Burg will shoot better at home with the charged up atmosphere and the Cheer Blocks out in full force. Look to get your moneys worth 2n!!

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

When u big an slow , u slow it down , when u small N fast
u run . Very simple burg should run , run , run. An then run
some more.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

no score on this one yet?

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

I heard Burg won 54-44 to clinch a share of the SOC

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How could it be a share of the SOC when Oak Hill lost again tonight giving them 4 losses in the SOC and the Burg only has 2 and the only game the Pirates have left is Oak Hill? The combination of the Burg win and Oaks loss should have given the Pirates the outright title.

Oak Hill, 8-4 SOCII, has lost to Valley twice, Minford, and Northwest.

Burg, 11-2 SOCII, has lost to Oak Hill and South Webster.

So, no matter what happens in the Oak Hill game, the Burg wins the league.

Besides, I look for South Webster to beat Oak Hill when they finally play on the 19th,
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”