Re: All TVC Ohio Players.

Post by Maroon Shorts »

My predictions:
Lawhead-Vinton Co.
Courts-Wellston
Bolin-Meigs
Maffin-Athens
Ward-Vinton co.

Devon Sharp-Athens.(If he was healthy all season. :aaaaa27 )

Bulldog Mom
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog Mom »

Skinner Athens

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Last year the league champs got 4 all-league players, 2nd place got 3, and so on to the last place team and next to last place team each got 1. Athens, Meigs and Alexander are all fighting for second place. If Vinton County gets four, who do you put on the team? It was a complete team effort for their championship season.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

With the departure of Belpre from the Ohio Division, the number of all league players have changed.

1st = 3
2nd = 2
3rd = 2
4th - 6th = 1

For a total of 10

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I don't like this system. Who says that the first place team has 3 or 4 all league players. You should put kids on the team based on who deserves it not by finish. It seems like everything else in the world lets give in and make everyone and all parents happy. I think that Alex or Nelsonville probably have at least two players each that could be all league but they'll end up getting only one. Hart and Chapman for example or Cox and at least one other kid.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That means, kids like Hart or Chapman from Alexander, or Cox or Kline from Nelsonville-York, or Smith or Bolin from Meigs, could be left off the All-TVC team. That is a travesty and I cannot believe that any coach would accept these terms.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Pol Pot wrote:With the departure of Belpre from the Ohio Division, the number of all league players have changed.

1st = 3
2nd = 2
3rd = 2
4th - 6th = 1

For a total of 10
When did this happen?
I know the Hocking got more than this when they had 6 teams.
Why are they taking 5 players off all league when only one team left?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That does seem a bit odd - it may perhaps work out for other seasons (or other sports) ... But not the 2010/2011 boys basketball season.

Maybe they should just guarantee that each team GETS AT LEAST ONE PLAYER - then go from there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kline and Cox from NY both are deserving.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Obviously there is no perfect way of selecting All-League. At one time the newspaper sports writers picked the all-league teams for the SEOAL, then the coaches got involved. They nominated their players and then the coaches voted on them. I liked this the best and there was no guarantee that every team would have a player selected for the team. Then every team got an honorable mention and I'm not sure how they do it now. The TVC started this method to make sure winning football teams got the representation they deserved. I'm not sure this method fits all the sports, but it is the method we use. After seeing each team at least twice, I am certain that everyone of the teams in the TVC Ohio have at least two players that should be on the all-league team. Alexander-Chapman and Hart, Athens Maffin and Skinner, Sharp(may have missed too many games with a broken foot), Meigs-Bolin and Smith, Nelsonville-York-Cline and Cox, Vinton County-Lawhead, Ward, Wiseman, and Wellston-Courts, Ousley and Brown. I helped pick these squads for 18 years and these are my all-league players for 2010-11. Good luck to all the TVC teams in the upcoming tournament!!

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Pol Pot wrote:With the departure of Belpre from the Ohio Division, the number of all league players have changed.

1st = 3
2nd = 2
3rd = 2
4th - 6th = 1

For a total of 10

Currently there are three teams tied for second place in the Ohio. Will all three teams get 2 players if they stay tied or is there a tie breaker system?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Three teams can't end up in a tie as Athens and Alexander play each other. Two teams can share 2nd. Under the division of players according to polpot, they would share 2nd and third selections, which would be 2 apiece. Is anyone sure that is the right breakdown in spots on the team?

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Bolin (Meigs)
Chapman (Alex)
Hart (Alex)
Maffin (Athens)
Cox (NY)
Kline (NY)
Courts (Wellston)
Lawhead (VC)

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

So, does this mean that either Chapman or Hart will not make it?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

If they win Friday night they will get two selections, If Athens wins they get two, otherwise they will get one. The loser could tie for 3rd if Meigs loses, or fall all the way to 4th. Polpot says 4th, 5th, and 6th get one apiece, but I can't confirm that.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Bulldog64, I believe that is correct. Also, Sid, that was voted on by the Athletic Directors last March. It just goes to show you where priorities lay.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

when is the selections

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Today and the All-District teams were chosen today by the coaches Association. AP selections come later.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Bulldog64 wrote:Today and the All-District teams were chosen today by the coaches Association. AP selections come later.

When do they announce the All-District teams?

Return to “Boys Basketball”