Waterboy

Wheelersburg v. Oak Hill Round 2

Post by Former Pirate »

Thoughts?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg v. Oak Hill Round 2

Post by 4thgoal »

A few days ago, I thought this would be a preview of the 4-5 sectional game and that neither team would want to play too hard in this one knowing they would be playing each other in a week. Now that Valley jumped the Oaks for the 5 seed, both teams just need to use this as a final tune up for the tournament. The Oaks have lost 3 out of their last 4 since the injuries, so they need to figure out who they are for the tournament. Burg has lost 2 of their last 3 and need to figure out how to score. Burg has at least a share of the SOCII, so depending on what happens with the SW vs. OH game, this could determine if Burg wins the SOCII outright or shares it with the Jeeps.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I saw it listed at Ironton #3, Burg #4, Valley #5, Oak Hill #6

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ironman92 wrote:I saw it listed at Ironton #3, Burg #4, Valley #5, Oak Hill #6
That's correct. That means 6-Oak Hill will be playing 11-Coal Grove and the winner will play 3-Ironton. That is if the brackets are the same as last year.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

4th n Goal wrote: Burg has at least a share of the SOCII, so depending on what happens with the SW vs. OH game, this could determine if Burg wins the SOCII outright or shares it with the Jeeps.
If Wheelersburg beats Oak Hill it doesn't matter what OH/Webster does, does it?

Don't forget Webster still has to play Valeey again, too.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Pirates need to win this game and secure the SOCII title all to themselves. No need to share with the Jeeps. But, they'll need to find some outside shooting to combat the Oak Hill zone or it be the same as the last time and the Oaks will win 43-35.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The Pirates need to win this game and secure the SOCII title all to themselves. No need to share with the Jeeps. But, they'll need to find some outside shooting to combat the Oak Hill zone or it be the same as the last time and the Oaks will win 43-35.
I agree about the outside shooting, but the OH zone will not be nearly the same without Canon and Brown on the inside. They have other big bodies, but they are not the same caliber of defenders. Also, in the first matchup Canon had around 16 pts on the inside. The Oaks don't have anyone to come in to finish the same way.

GO PIRATES!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

pirates make all games interesting. oaks injuries make the season a wash. pirates should win this one at home.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Burg's got this one

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

I think Kiser is as good or better than Cannon. Burg better not take them to lightly.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

lrn4lf wrote:I think Kiser is as good or better than Cannon. Burg better not take them to lightly.
Dont see this happening...Burg boys working hard for this SOC...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

lrn4lf wrote:I think Kiser is as good or better than Cannon. Burg better not take them to lightly.
Kisor is a good player, but he does not have the varsity experience. I assume he has been starting since Canon has been out? If so, they have lost 3 out of 5 including their first home loss and 2 losses to teams they had beaten with Canon in the lineup. No offense to Josh in any way, but he just needs more varsity time to become a better player.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Not much talk about this game. The SOCII is already decided, but both teams need to use this as a tune up for the tournament. I am guessing that Coach Barrick may start the 5 seniors in this one since it is senior night. There have been some real battles all the way back to jr. high between these groups of seniors. I can still remeber the games in the old jr. high gym and the county tournaments at SW with Stegman and Slone going at it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It's amazing how fast time flies by. The kids are all grown up now.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:It's amazing how fast time flies by. The kids are all grown up now.
yea we'll see how grown up the oaks act when they get blown out on senior night, better be ready for the cheap shots... #goburg, haha

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Dont know how long you will see the starters in this game.. They have won the SOC already and I dont think they would want to risk unnecessary injury going into tourny play.. Good Luck Burg.. I would like to see how we do against the zone this time.. Need to start knocking down the 3 ball better..

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

Oak Hill will win this one easy. I can't believe people are still talking about cheap shots. We played Webster Tuesday and only committed like 3 or 4 fouls the whole game, and only 1 in the first half. Oaks are a class act and will show it tonight. Oak hill by 7.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Oakgrad wrote:Oak Hill will win this one easy. I can't believe people are still talking about cheap shots. We played Webster Tuesday and only committed like 3 or 4 fouls the whole game, and only 1 in the first half. Oaks are a class act and will show it tonight. Oak hill by 7.
HA! only if burg pulls the starters...if not, oh has no chance...I look for Burg to hammer the nail in the coffin and make a statement tonight, showing that they deserve to be the SOC champs, and show which team is truly better in this class rivalry...

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Oakgrad wrote:Oak Hill will win this one easy. I can't believe people are still talking about cheap shots. We played Webster Tuesday and only committed like 3 or 4 fouls the whole game, and only 1 in the first half. Oaks are a class act and will show it tonight. Oak hill by 7.
Dont think Oak Hill will win this one with ease.. Should be a good game.. I will take the pirates by 5.. Go Burg !!

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

Thats really funny who won the first match-up? Who won against South Webster twice? Even if Wheelersburg wins big IF they really are going to say they are clear cut champs?

Return to “Boys Basketball”