Freshman Team

Re: Fairland-Peake II

Post by FHSstudentsection »

i really hope this forum doesnt get as bad my last one

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

Chesapeake will win again... the dragons can't matchup with the panthers. Peake by 25+

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

fhs student the only reason it was bad was because of you and another person everybody else really had constuctive comments and good discussion you on the other hand along with a couple other people took it down the lets see how big of an idiot i can show myself to be so I would say if you refrain from any negative comments this thread will be educational and enjoyable.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Like I said on the other thread,Dragons have to knock down their shots to stay close!Another hostile envoriment I just hope we can compete!Like I have always said on a given night anybody can beat anybody!

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

Defense from the Panthers is the reason Fairland missed all those shots in the first game. You don't go nearly 11 mins. in a game by just missing. Always a hand in the face, a body on you and very few second chances. More of the same for game 2. As a side note from all the discussion on the first thread about whether or not Fisher would start for the Peake. 1) As he plays right now, definately not. 2) If he were to play for the Peake, Coach Davis would make sure he played his stlye not like Fairlands coach lets him do whatever he wants. 3) Fisher is an athelete and with the right coaching could contribute. 4) None of this will ever happen.

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

I seriously doubt a great defense makes you shoot that bad. They have good defense, so does Fairland, the difference was they didnt miss and dragons did. Ive seen almost all the fairland games and they had been shooting really well, just a bad night. And if mcmasters can hit like that every night, hes been way overlooked by some college scouts. The dragons will compete at home, and chesapeake will see a different team. the puke is good but very beatable, i wasnt blown away by them, actually thought they would be better, if the fisher kid is on and they can make some layups in that game, its a different story, case closed.

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

turd wrote:I seriously doubt a great defense makes you shoot that bad. They have good defense, so does Fairland, the difference was they didnt miss and dragons did. Ive seen almost all the fairland games and they had been shooting really well, just a bad night. And if mcmasters can hit like that every night, hes been way overlooked by some college scouts. The dragons will compete at home, and chesapeake will see a different team. the puke is good but very beatable, i wasnt blown away by them, actually thought they would be better, if the fisher kid is on and they can make some layups in that game, its a different story, case closed.
how many open shots did fairland have? Chesapeakes plays great defense and forced fairland to rush shots and have a bad shot selection... The difference is that Chesapeake works the ball around to the open man while fairland tries to go 1 on 1... how can you say that were beatable when they beat fairland by 40... I'm not saying Chesapeake isn't beatable bc they've lost already, but for you to say you weren't impressed blows me away. Chad Fisher is a good basketball player and a great athlete, but you all talk about him like he's one of the best in ohio... He scored 4 points... Im sure next game though he'll have more than that, but to say it's going to be a different story is absurd.. Fairland will make it interesting i think for the first quarter and Chesapeake will just be TOO MUCH for the dragons after that..

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Turd,

Come on man. Fairland was never in the game. How can you say it could have been different? Their is a difference between missing shots and losing by 10, and defense in your face and you score 37 points.

McMaster is averaging 20ppg, so I wouldn't say what you saw was much different then what opponents have seen all year. He is being recruited by several d1 programs.

I am done talking about Chad, he scored 4 points, the other team had something to do with that. He is a good athlete, lets not get out of hand here calling him a "great" athlete. I have only seen a handful of "great" athletes in SEO in a long time. He is a good athlete playing basketball, not a great basketball player. Copley and McMaster are very good basketball players, Fisher is an athlete.

I would love to know your logic on how you weren't very impressed with Chesapeake. How many teams blew you out like they did this season? How many had 6'5-6'6 guards blow you up for 27? How many 6'7 kids you play against or teams with the length Chesapeake has?

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

turd- Let's see, you wasn't blown away by the "Peake" not the puke (grow up) that beat your team by 41. Maybe you wasn't blown away because Copley and C. Kennedy both had off nights according to their standards, can you imagine how bad it would have been if they would have been on. How could you tell if Fisher had an off night cause he had a hand in his face every time he touched the ball, and yes defense does play a huge part in that.

BTW any team can be beat on any given night, its just unfortunate for fairland that it won't be Saturday night.

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

TURD, you've been in the toilet bowl way too long. PLEASE FLUSH!!!

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

Turd really? I say it does not matter what Fairland does if the planets line up,they study Sun Tzu art of war,they get there che on,for you to make ridiculouis statements is assanine.You got a beaten by 41 points that is not an off night.Your stud had 4 any player that you claim to be of that caliber should be able to get his points no matter what.Take off thegreen colored glasses and look at it objectively.Maybe just maybe you shot that well against inferior teams.What I would do if I were you would be to start making up excuses now IE so and so is hurt will not be 100%,or they were Chesapeake refs,or we are saving ourselves for our tough sectional. I would believe any one of them over "we had an off night".LOL

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

Give Fisher 20 points and they still lose by 30!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

It's back to a pointless argument and I haven't contributed (throughmyeyes) so don't blame it on me

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Both teams are #1 seeds in their respective Sectionals. If you're a #1 seed you should be able to defend yourself in a head-to-head match-up. Good luck to both squads and don't complain if the final score is lopsided again. :mrgreen:

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

calm down peakers, i never said fisher was a great player and all that you keep bringing up. he is an athlete, true. chesapeake is good, true. i need to grow up, true. maybe i have spent too much time in the toilet, true. maybe fairland is in an easier bracket than the other teams, true. but lets put it where its at, the dragons will definately compete saturday, and it wouldnt shock me if they win. i wasnt blown away because if you watched the game and didnt know the score, chesapeake worked very hard to score. salyers shut down kennedy, mainly in the first half. mcmasters def had a great game, hes tough to defend, long and can shoot. copley was so, so. other guards were, well i dont even recall seeing them do anything. the other kennedy is the one to watch. so thats why i wasnt impressed, just another good team, not a wow team. sorry if that offends your peake pride. fairland isnt anything special either, i understand that, but they wont be shoved around at home, and they will come to play. tell you what if the peake repeats what happened i will flush the toilet and halt from posting, but i really cant see fairlands coach letting them repeat that performance.

and fhs student section: ive been attending games since the 80's as well as others on here, and what you all are doing is nothing new. i actually crack up listening to you all, i love seeing schools with a lil bit of pride. keep it up, and those who say "all the cussing, it offends me"...turn off your tv and wear headphones walking down the street....

Fisher scores career high 50!!!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

turd,
I was there also and the reason Kennedy didnt have the points in the first half was that he didnt need to score and if the refs would have called all his elbows to the back and shirt grabbing Salyers would have been on the bench. Also Copley doesnt haqve to score big to contribute, he has a well rounded game.

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

nothing wrong with playing physical, its a big boys game. i just hope to see a good game sat. hope everyone comes out again, that was fun atmosphere.

Return to “Boys Basketball”