Fairland-Peake II

earp
S

Re: Fairland-Peake II

Post by earp »

Peake I wasnt starting to try anything with ya I respect youre opinion I was just curious good anwsers I have to say!

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

Fhsstudent, if you don't think sitting behind the Peakes' bench has any bearing then why would you want to? Sit in the designated student section, yell your chants and take the whippin like a man!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

to be across from the peake students,sir

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

At the girl's game the Chesapeake bench was in front of the Fairland student section... Did they switch it this year? I remember last year the Fairland players sat in front of the Fairland student section and Chesapeake sat the side where you entered in if memory serves me correctly that is?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

No, to be loud, arrogant, obnoxious, and distracting to the Panther players just like they were to Oak Hill at the Beasts of the SE Tournament. No student section has ever say anywhere else in that gym than the spot you guys were moved to on Friday. And idk if anybody remembers this but when FHS was built the visiting bench was in front of the FHS student section. They then swapped the benches b/c fairland students in either 2003 or 2004 were caught peeing in Chesapeakes water bottles.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

For the girls, the benches are switched to where the visiting team is in front of the student section. That happened sometime over the past few years. Not really sure why, though.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

my girlfriend is on the team and i cant rem the reason why they do.i will ask again

and dime a dozen i do not believe that not one bit

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

FHS,

Fact on the water bottles, idk about peeing but things were put into their water bottles and also in their water cooler (gum, trash, etc).

Things were also being thrown at the players on the bench.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Dont know if you remember this or not Peake it would have been when you were just a kid ,This happened around 1991 though!Curt Dempsey from Peake spraying down the Fairland student section with his water bottle?I saw that one happen with my own eyes!Just all rivalry stuff I think! :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

earp, lol :lol:

That is funny too.

It is all funny to me, just adds to the rivalry. I agree with you

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya I guess he thought they needed cooling down,Im not sure but I think he did it with Norms water bottle too! :lol: I do remember that gym was so hot that night at Chesapeake that when someone opened a side door steam would roll into the gym!Oh and the visitors locker room was about 115 degrees! 8)

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

i am not betting cash on fisher. anyone to score 40 plus in these games wiould b un heard of, nice try though. my bet is on th game being within 10 pts either way, and rthe wager is u not having to put up with my posts. so thats that. and on the peeing and dempsey stuff...its all hilarious, thats what a rivalry is people, its not flowers and high fives. its a true dislike for the other team. if u cant handle that stuff bring me flowers to the game, and ill prolly pee on them, haha just kidding settle down!!

fisher scores 40, ill back down a bit.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

I will agree with the first number 4 thats it.So no post for 10 days if fairland gets beat by more than 10 your on.Plus I am noy so sure Fisher will play from whar i have heard.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I agree, I wish the rivalry would have been bigger when I was in school, it just wasn't.

I dont think however it is a good idea to put the visiting team in front of the student section. I see nothing wrong with whoever moved them, for as long as I can remember no one has ever sat behind our bench at home. I do remember it 1998 Coal Grove sat their student section one section over against the wall and their were several arguments amongst parents and several fights amongst students and observers.

Good idea to try and keep the peace as much as possible. I think it is silly that anyone would be upset they made the student section move, how would fairland react if students showed up and sat behind the Fairland bench. fairly simple in my eyes.

I always did enjoy the signs that Fairland students had that said my dad owns your dads trailer park. Those always made me laugh (though directly behind the fairland football field is a large trailer park lol).

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

lol...

the only reason they wouldnt be abvle to do so is because are studentsection is behind it soit would be very aggravating

Sandbagger
Waterboy

Post by Sandbagger »

First of all, all i here about on here is chesey against fisher i was under the impresion taht it was 5 on 5 plus bench. The edge has to go to the peake. They are taller and better shots with at least 4 players. their point gaurds play good but what i see they do not contribute on the score board outside of giveing the ball to the big guys, but is called roll play. I think chesey has a very nice team play very hard great def. I just think that the guards shoul drive and shot a little more that would make you even better when it comes tourny. The score of last game was bad. I think this game might be a little closer at least i hope. But it is not just fisher has to have a good game to win or make it close.it is a team sport all 5 plus bench have to play well and shoot better than last game. good luck to both teams on hpoefully injury free game. Then both teams get ready for a run in the tourny.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I have no doubt that Coach Davis will have the Peakers FIRED UP 4 this game! He will NOT forget WHO they're playing, how HOT the rivalry can B, nor the fact that FHS has a decent team.

However, I expect Peake to win in a romp, although the Dragons will play hard every second.

The gym is liable to be crawling with Rent-A Cops, & will B if the Fairland admin. is wise.

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

At the half the panthers are up 44-15...

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

44 15 peake. Fisher has 5

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Final score?

Return to “Boys Basketball”