Re: All-District Teams?

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Nathan Copley should be consider poy.<CHESAPEAKE>

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peake hoops wrote:Nathan Copley should be consider poy.<CHESAPEAKE>
He would be in my top 5 but I think Justice is the clear favorite at this point.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

What about Coach of the year? There really hasent been much talk about it so far. I would tend to think that Ryan Davis(Chesapeake), Josh Arey(Peebles), Jeff Lisath(Piketon), and Eugene Collins(Portsmouth) are the favorites. Any thoughts?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I dont think Copley would be the POY on his own team and no disrespect meant because he is a great player and being behind Austin is not a slap in the face.

Justice and it isn't even close

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

I would never consider Carter a POY until he becomes a lot more mature and quits sitting on the court when a call goes against him. He IS a scorer but the lack of discipline he displays negates all of that.If any of our guys would do the things he does they would be running 3 years AFTER they graduate! That reflects badly on the coaches and the team as a whole.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

ChessyFan09 wrote:I would never consider Carter a POY until he becomes a lot more mature and quits sitting on the court when a call goes against him. He IS a scorer but the lack of discipline he displays negates all of that.If any of our guys would do the things he does they would be running 3 years AFTER they graduate! That reflects badly on the coaches and the team as a whole.
I've only seen Ironton once this year and when Carter showed his attitude the coach pulled him and he didn't play the whole 2nd half.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

After watching Chesapeake, I would put at least 3 of their players on the all district team, Copley, McMaster and Kennedy. I also thought Stegman for burg played great yesterday. Aren't they going to release the all district teams tomorrow?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Grinder wrote:After watching Chesapeake, I would put at least 3 of their players on the all district team, Copley, McMaster and Kennedy. I also thought Stegman for burg played great yesterday. Aren't they going to release the all district teams tomorrow?
According to Ohiohighschoolhoops.com the release date for the Southeast District is tomorrow March 8th.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ChessyFan09 wrote:I would never consider Carter a POY until he becomes a lot more mature and quits sitting on the court when a call goes against him. He IS a scorer but the lack of discipline he displays negates all of that.If any of our guys would do the things he does they would be running 3 years AFTER they graduate! That reflects badly on the coaches and the team as a whole.
Good thing you dont have a vote.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Ironton's team is made up of bad attitudes.....reflects bad on the coaching staff they need alot of discipline.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

AP lists (boys and girls) will officially be released Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m., which means they will be available in most Wednesday papers.

Also, I have not heard an official release date on District 13 coaches list, but it will be coming soon as well.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Peake,how many games have you seen this year,that would be my first question to you,second i don't think you know what you are talking about,what importance a player has to a team success,Copley is the leader of the Panthers,OPINION ARE LIKE A------everybody got one.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I have seen them play twice and each time McMaster was the leading scorer and rebounder.

I have seen Copley play sense he was 6 years old, and believe me this is not a slap in the face like you are trying to make it out to be. He is very very important, I understand that, he does a little bit of everything, and does it very well. With that being said, I doubt there are very many people here that would put him above his own teammate (McMaster) for POY on his own team imo. To say he is the player of the year over McMaster, well at least there is an argument to be made, but to say he should be POY over Justice is not a smart debate imo.

I have seen a lot of All-District teams, and never have I seen a player averaging less points (Copley pre tournament 14.5) get the nod over a teammate who averaged more points (McMaster 19.4 and missed a game). Like I said I love Nathan, his family, and his game. He is more then worthy of being on the 1st team. When times get tough they rely on him to take over at point, he hits outside shots (which has always been his strength), and he goes hard to the glass. He is a very good player.

I am sorry you don't feel I know what I am talking about based on the fact that I have only seen two games this season, but I can assure you when the All-District team is released, he will not be POY.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

greenwave2332 wrote:Ironton's team is made up of bad attitudes.....reflects bad on the coaching staff they need alot of discipline.
With 10 coaches sitting on the bench, this should not be a problem.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Funny Fourth and Goal!!! they have enough eyes and ears that no kid should be getting away with a bad attitiude! Don't play them!!! End of story!

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Peake, your opinion based on two games,mind is based on 60 games ,and this is not a slap on face of any members on the Peake squad.Have you seen Blake Justice play.The Distict 13 Team comes out Tuesday.Nathan may not be poy ,but he will always be mine.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Chesapeake is in district 13 and Peebles is in District 14 so both could be player of the year when it comes to coaches voting.

The Southeast District that the AP votes on comprises both and this one gets more pub! Player of the year is automatically 1st team all state.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

4th n Goal wrote:
greenwave2332 wrote:Ironton's team is made up of bad attitudes.....reflects bad on the coaching staff they need alot of discipline.
With 10 coaches sitting on the bench, this should not be a problem.
Why are people so concerned with the number of coaches on the Ironton bench? All junior high coaches and volunteers sit. Most schools do not do this.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Peake Hoops,

I have seen Nathan play around 30 games of his high school career and just about dang near every game of his junior high and buddy league career. You have seen him for 60 games, good for you. Why you want to turn this into a p*ssing match I have no clue. I evaluate talent for a living, and I am saying Nathan is very talented and not taking anything away from him, but he wasn't the leading rebounder or scorer on his team, nor is he the same type of player Austin is in terms of next level talent. You are turning this thing into something negative and I am not sure why. My guess, family member or student (girlfriend).

Blake Justice is going D1, that is all I need to know.

I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. If Nathan is the POY I will be extremely happy for him and he will be well deserving.
Last edited by Peake on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Not taking anything away from Justice but he is on a two man team so he is going to get more opportunities than Copely and McMaster. I watched Copely put up almost thirty in the 1st half last year in the Convo. He and McMaster both can play and IMO are both 1st team all district. IMO Chesapeake is the best team I have seen play this year in SEO and no I am not from Chesapeake.

Return to “Boys Basketball”