All-District Teams?

Peake
SEOP

Re: All-District Teams?

Post by Peake »

I agree 100% grinder. Copley is without a doubt on my starting 5 of all time players that I have seen at Chesapeake.

I just think telling someone they don't know what they are talking about because they haven't seen every single game is bad logic.

The AP voters maybe have seen each player 2 times and they vote all state, district, etc. I have worked in sports media and voted in these things and I know for a fact that some of the kids I voted for I never even saw play. When kid A scores 20ppg on team black and kid B scores 14 I was voting kid A everytime, and so does 99% of those who vote. Maybe the system is flawed but that is how it works.

The coaches that vote these things maybe have seen each player 5 times depending on film, scouting, and playing against the actual player. Though the coaches often vote based on other things other then just what they do on the court. Character, grades, etc go into how they vote. I remember Delimpo got it his Sr year over Burleson and it shouldn't have been close in the other direction.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Nathan Copley ---PLAYER OF THE YEAR---CONGRATULATIONS---AUSTIN MCMASTERS---COLIN KENNEDY---HONORS WELL DESERVED GREAT BUNCH OF YOUNG MEN,WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU.RYAN DAVIS ---COACH OF THE YEAR VERY WELL DESERVED.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I agree , we are proud of your accomplishments on and off the court.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Congrats Nathan, Austin, and Colin! A fantastic group of guys on an off the court!
Congrats everyone else, too!

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Congratulations to Travis Combs player of the year, Blake Blevins first team Daulton West second team. Way to go guys

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

greenwave2332 wrote:Ironton's team is made up of bad attitudes.....reflects bad on the coaching staff they need alot of discipline.
Have you ever been to an Ironton practice and been through the punishment Coach Lafon gives out? I doubt it. Sometimes kids are just young and immature and haven't seen the light yet. They will..

rogue47
Waterboy

Post by rogue47 »

i thought that IF there would be co-players of the year, mcmasters would get it. but i dont think anyone should be co player of the year with justice. when will the coaches list be realeased

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

NormanDale.....Dalton West was Honorable Mention

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

COngrats to all the players. Is this the coaches or AP?

Congrats Nathan, very proud of you!

Congrats to Austin and Collin!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Congrats to Blake on being named co-poy, Andy for second team, and Jake/Trent for special mention!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Congrats to all the players selected. Many of these kids have been working at their game since they were in the early parts of elementary school. While who gets on what team can and will be debated, all these kids should be commended. Let the debates be why someone should have gotten a spot and not why someone should not have.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

ttt

rogue47
Waterboy

Post by rogue47 »

Glad to see the shl represented well with players from all teams in the southeast district minus west union and north adams. Doesnt NA usually always have someone representing the school in these nominations?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

rogue47 wrote:Glad to see the shl represented well with players from all teams in the southeast district minus west union and north adams. Doesnt NA usually always have someone representing the school in these nominations?
Drew Dollich should have made it.

larrbird33
Waterboy

Post by larrbird33 »

Evan legg is the best player in southeastern ohio.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

What I find extremely hilarious is how Rolark from Fairfield averages 16 pts a game and makes 2nd team All-District but cant make All-SHL??? Anybody want to try to explain that one?

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

larrbird33 wrote:Evan legg is the best player in southeastern ohio.

I have to disagree, IMO I think come Saturday you will see 3 players from Chesapeake that are better.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to all the players who made the District team. Well deserving for all.

Kind of curious on how Bendolph made 1st team when he only played half a season.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I was thinking the same thing yabadaba.

I thought Wayne was averaging more points too. Several people from Portsmouth said he was around the 20ppg mark at one point.

Evan Legg is better then Justice, who is a d1 player, and Legg is going to play NAIA....hmmmmm

Return to “Boys Basketball”