Peebles Tourney Draw

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Re: Peebles Tourney Draw

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Tigfan wrote:Do the Peebles fans think that you are a better team this year or last year? Obviously you had 2 dangerous weapons we had to worry about in our last matchup.
I don't know if we are any better than last year, but we play more kids this year and press more. Peebles lost one of it's best all-around player's in Andrew Seaman to graduation, but didn't Ironton also lose a pretty good weapon in the "Kokendoerfer" (not sure on spelling) boy also. It seems both teams lost a weapon in my opinion. If we meet at the Convo again this year I'm sure it will be another great game, but we both have a couple other games to wory about first.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

peeblesfan97 wrote:
Tigfan wrote:Do the Peebles fans think that you are a better team this year or last year? Obviously you had 2 dangerous weapons we had to worry about in our last matchup.
I don't know if we are any better than last year, but we play more kids this year and press more. Peebles lost one of it's best all-around player's in Andrew Seaman to graduation, but didn't Ironton also lose a pretty good weapon in the "Kokendoerfer" (not sure on spelling) boy also. It seems both teams lost a weapon in my opinion. If we meet at the Convo again this year I'm sure it will be another great game, but we both have a couple other games to wory about first.
Seaman and Kochendoerfer were great players no doubt.

Irontons Sophomore Zac Carter has stepped His game up from last year averaging 20 Points a game, our inside game is much better this year IMO.

If this matchup comes to fruition it will be a heck of a game that could go either way.

Good Luck to Both Teams.......

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Peebles better not overlook the Burg, if both make it that far. They are capable of beating anyone and if Stegman can get hot in the paint, they could be a tough out. If teams double up on Stegman, Burg will need to hit the outside shots. If they can, look out.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I have seen the Burg play twice this year and they dont have enough fire power to play with the Indians.I would say the Indians by 20+.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

jayhawks wrote:I have seen the Burg play twice this year and they dont have enough fire power to play with the Indians.I would say the Indians by 20+.

I'll take the Burg +20 for $200.

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Burg has to get past Valley...they've beat them twice but can they beat them a third time....??

Valley has taken down some talented teams this season:

D2 Waverly
Oak Hill Twice
Portsmouth

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg is 11-2 at the Convo over the past 5 years. Coach Barrick knows how to win and it is not always about fire power. Defense, rebounding and execution of the game plan wins games. Just like last year, they were 9-11 going into the tournament and made it to the district final. Coach Barrick always has his team ready with a solid game plan, especially in the tournament when you have around a week to prepare for each game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

rooster wrote:Burg has to get past Valley...they've beat them twice but can they beat them a third time....??

Valley has taken down some talented teams this season:

D2 Waverly
Oak Hill Twice
Portsmouth
Valley didn't play Portsmouth this year. They did however knockoff #9 in DIV Reedsville Eastern.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

Didn't Peebles/Valley face one another in last year's tournament? Seems they matched up at OU but I can't recall for sure.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Valley and Peebles did play last year in the District semis.I think Peebles won by 17 but the game was never really close.Valley had a couple of good young players.Tourney time you never know.

Return to “Boys Basketball”