DIV. 3 Athens Sectional thoughts and predictions

expert witness
Freshman Team

DIV. 3 Athens Sectional thoughts and predictions

Post by expert witness »

(6) ALEXANDER vs (11) CROOKSVILLE: Jack Hart and the Alex troops should be way too much for the Ceramics to handle. Look for Alex to win by 10 or so. Crooksvilles conference is light years better than the TVC Ohio this year so they might be a little better than expected but i doubt they are good enough to win this game. PREDICTION: ALEXANDER

(7) NELSONVILLE vs (10) FEDERAL HOCKING: Nelsonville came into this season with lofty expectations but it never materialized. Underachievers generally dont just turn it around come tourny time but they have a weak opponent in Federal Hocking and should be able to get the win but it wouldn't surprise me to see this one come down to the wire. PREDICTION: NELSONVILLE

(8) BELPRE vs (9) ZANE TRACE: this is a tough call. Zane Trace played the tougher schedule but kind of struggled down the stretch. Belpre struggled all year in a very weak TVC Hocking division. Belpre has also had some injury issues of late and probably wont be at full strength. I would really like to pick Belpre in this spot but i just cant bring myself to do it. PREDICTION: ZANE TRACE

(4) WELLSTON vs (5) RIVER VALLEY: Wellston has to be a little ticked off that the voters made them pay for their weak schedule(which they should have). They had the second most wins in the tourny and got bumped to the 4 but the coaches knew only 6 of those wins were legit. River valley has played well at times down the stretch especially in a double digit win over #2 seed MEIGS last week. I think River Valley wins here but the question is , do they really win? After all, their prize will be a 50 point massacre at the hands of the PEAKE in the convo but at least they can say they got there which is a step in the right direction. PREDICTION: RIVER VALLEY

(3) SOUTHEASTERN vs (6) ALEXANDER: Southeastern is the team nobody wanted to play in this tourny and for good reason. They play a tough schedule, played fairly well down the stretch and have athletic kids who can score. Alexander has struggled against good teams this year and look for that to continue in this game. If Chapman can break out and give them 25 plus and Hart has near a triple double then they can win but i dont see that happening here . PREDICTION: SOUTHEASTERN

(2) MEIGS vs (7) NELSONVILLE: Meigs has some MAJOR STRENGTHS in an elite scorer(bolin) and two big quality post players but also ,MAJOR WEAKNESSES in turning the ball over too much and a severe lack of depth. If Nelsonville can limit their strengths and exploit their weaknesses then they can win. Meigs also has struggled in close games this year so if Nelsonville can keep it close then anything is possible. it certainly wouldnt be a stretch to say nelsonville can win this game. They get a practice run at meigs this week to figure it out. PREDICTION: MEIGS

(1) FAIRLAND vs (9) ZANE TRACE: I dont see Zane Trace pulling off the miracle in this one. Fairland is the one team in this sectional that actually has a chance to win a game at the convo. PREDICTION: FAIRLAND

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIV. 3 Athens Sectional thoughts and predictions

Post by danicalifornia »

1st Round
Alexander by 18
Nelsonville by 6
Zane Trace by 3

Finals
Wellston by 3
Southeastern by 13
Meigs by 9
Fairland by 10

ZT has been hurt by injuries, but are nearing full strength as the tournament looms. Could be a tough out, as they nearly upset McClain in Greenfield Saturday night. Southeastern is a year away(return all but 1 starter) but does have some outstanding athletes and one great scorer. It'll be nice to see these two SVC schools against some competition in the tournament that isn't another SVC school. I just wish there would be super sectionals like in nearly every other district in the state.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

Better be careful about predictions and point spreads might hurt someones feelings

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

nice job expert witness

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Since when do 8-10 teams get upset? ZT could be a tough out, but they also could be a quick out. They only won four games all year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”