Manchesters Tourney Draw!!

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Re: Manchesters Tourney Draw!!

Post by NormanDale »

Why the lack of motivation and effort out of Blevins? Someone might want to tell him you don't get a second chance.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

they will make it out of sectional no doubt about it...they will win district to..one bad game and u already doubtin em...

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Streetballer do you even know anything about basketball? If Blevins plays like he did last night and Ricketts isn't able to go Manchester will struggle to beat anyone.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

No doubt they'll win sectional but you gotta play with heart to advance in districts. Its not one bad game that you're worried about...its the fact that blevins acts like he doesn't want to be out there. Shouldn't be any lack of motivation, he's a senior and like 23 points away from 1000?

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:Thank you for what? Have you even seen Manchester play?
The thank you was letting me know it is the same Manchester as when I left Portsmouth in the 70's..No I have not seen them play nor any team in the area..reading on this blog lets me keep up with the teams--good or bad and everywhere in between...It is good to hear that Manchester has a good team this year...keep the posts coming---wipalawalt

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

NormanDale wrote:No doubt they'll win sectional but you gotta play with heart to advance in districts. Its not one bad game that you're worried about...its the fact that blevins acts like he doesn't want to be out there. Shouldn't be any lack of motivation, he's a senior and like 23 points away from 1000?
I can see your frustration NormanDale, but all is not lost -Blevins may yet suprise you. I for one hope he does play up to his potential for himself and his team....Maybe something is going on if the kid has thrown in the proverbial towel, maybe he needs a good pep talk from someone like...hmmm Coach NormanDale :122249.

They need their fans behind them... I know folks from Peebles are pulling for them. They just need to reignite the fire....its tourney time and regular season doesn't matter, you never know what you'll get come tourney time!!! Good luck Greyhounds!

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Yeah maybe a good pep talk would do the trick....I know he's a good kid I've never seen him not hustle til the last few games. Hopefully he gets it together as they have a great chance to make it back to regionals if he plays well

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

And were really pulling for peebles to get to regionals this year too...should be a great day of basketball March 12 at the convo

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

NormanDale wrote:Yeah maybe a good pep talk would do the trick....I know he's a good kid I've never seen him not hustle til the last few games. Hopefully he gets it together as they have a great chance to make it back to regionals if he plays well
I'll go you one better coach Dale. How about FORTY pep talks in 2 minutes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

warrior 89 wrote:
theuglytruth wrote:Dont forget Manchester could run into a scary Whiteoak team who beat them rather easily at Whiteoak. That is a game I wouldn't overlook if I was manchester. If whiteoak gets hot and wins a couple games and meets manchester in the district finals it could be veryyyyy interesting.
I don't think Whiteoak wants any part of a rematch, I still haven't figured out what happened at Whiteoak, but if it comes down to a District matchup I say Manchester will run them out of the gym, Go Hounds!
What do you mean figured out what happen? Whiteoak won easily by 14, and completely shut down Blevins. Whiteoak has to play well and get by green and most likely symmes valley but I think Whiteoak would be THRILLED to have a District Final match up against Manchester, a team they split with, beating them once easily and playing them tough the other time early in the year. When it comes to Whiteoak and Manchester who only running out of the gym was done by Whiteoak. If this game happens, I predict it will be a fun game to watch and Whiteoak will be coming in with a lot of momentum and confidence since they would have had to knock off two teams who split their league title.

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

It's hard for any team to win at whiteoak, look at the game they gave peebles when they played at whiteoak.. Manchester beats whiteoak on a nutrual court any day of the week.. Refs were horrible that game also, Justin Davis couldn't ref a pee wee game, Jo Michael had the refs in his back pocket the hole game, you know somethings wrong when you have 3 ppl foul out and we wasn't even in bonus...

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

houndsfan3015 wrote:It's hard for any team to win at (W)whiteoak, look at the game they gave peebles when they played at whiteoak.. Manchester beats (W)whiteoak on a nutrual(neutral) court any day of the week.. Refs were horrible that game also, Justin Davis couldn't ref a pee wee game, Jo(Joe) Michael had the refs in his back pocket the hole(whole) game, you know somethings (is) wrong when you have 3 ppl foul out and we wasn't (weren't) even in (the) bonus...
Wow, it’s always the officials. Are you really going to play that card man? Don't be a sore loser. Whiteoak played both Manchester and Peebles tight at Whiteoak and also on the road. Michael shut down Blevins, plain and simple. Michael tallied about 25 points to Blevins 2. The numbers don't lie bud. Also if I'm not mistaken Justin Davis works at Manchester. Also, Justin Davis didn't referee the Peebles game at Whiteoak. I guess it was the officials against Fairfield the other night too. Whiteoak simply had a better game plan and out played Manchester that night. The game got physical (just as tournament play will), and Whiteoak rose to the occasion. Good teams win on the road. Also if I'm not mistaken referees are league assigned for S.H.L. match-ups, so your point about playing at Whiteoak essentially makes no sense.

That being said I think Whiteoak and Manchester would be an interesting District final match-up and a game that neither team should overlook since they split during the regular season. They will both have to play well to get to that point.

P.S. I corrected your spelling errors for you. :122249 Have a nice day!

..........................and that my friend is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Post by fhs_shl11 »

^^^^^^haha that made my day^^^^^^

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Ugly, wasn't you the guy on here blaming the refs after Manchester beat CNE?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

NormanDale wrote:Ugly, wasn't you the guy on here blaming the refs after Manchester beat CNE?

I said there were a lot of bad calls, I didn't say the determined the whole outcome of the game, and that referrees were the only reason Manchester won any games at home. To say that its always hard to win at Whiteoak because Joe Michael has the refs in his pocket is absurd since the officials are league assigned for SHL match-ups!

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

houndsfan, you obviously don't know how assigning referee's in the SHL works with your comment. Whiteoak doesn't pick the Varsity officials for there league home games. You want to blame poor officials on someone which I'm sure you will take it up with the SHL Commisioner.

houndsfan3015
Riding the Bench

Post by houndsfan3015 »

What is this, English class?? And no it's not when 2 of the 3 refs were from Whiteoak. And Jarred Michael is friends with Justin Davis who is Joes brother..

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

First of all it's Jerod Michael...not Jaaerad or however you spelled it.

Please name me the other two officials from Whiteoak? As far as I know there are only 2 active Class 1 officials living in the District and they aren't on the same crew. So now I am really baffled by all your expert knowledge.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

houndsfan3015 wrote:What is this, English class?? And no it's not when 2 of the 3 refs were from Whiteoak. And Jarred Michael is friends with Justin Davis who is Joes brother..
Yes, I'm sure Justin Davis has no friends from Manchester. LOL Once again, the referees for SHL match-ups are league assigned, and you are just continuing to make your post look more pointless and ignorant. I also have no idea why you bring up Jerod Michael, being that he also teaches at Manchester, and dates a nice young lady from Manchester. LOL I'd just quit while your ahead bud.

One of the referees against fairfield must have had some friends in Leesburg too! lol wow...

Also, there were not 2 officials from Whiteoak, so check your facts.

No, its not English class but I just fixed your spelling errors so the literate people on here could understand the words you were trying to say because it took me awhile to understand them.
You're welcome

The way Manchester is playing I would say they have a few more things to worry about than a game they were run out of the gym weeks ago.

Best of luck to all the S.H.L. teams in the tournament.

.......................and that my friend is the ugly truth.

BuckeyeFan2011
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeFan2011 »

Good luck to the SHL and hopefully we can all get a "perfectly" reffeered game so no one feels left out with a loss. :122249

Return to “Boys Basketball”