SOC II Junior Varsity Teams

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

SOC II Junior Varsity Teams

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

What is your team's record and what player has a legimate chance of impacting next years varsity team. Just thought it would be a good idea to give the young guys some props.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: SOC II Junior Varsity Teams

Post by Crab's Brother »

I believe Valley is 11-7 (counting the foundation game since they were only scheduled to play 18) with Webster left on Friday. The Indians main rotation is almost all freshmen and there is some talent there. As far as next season goes, Hayden Dunn probably has the best chance to contribute. He has good size and nice touch shooting the ball. I also wouldn't be surprised if either Zach Shope or Ethan Holbrook step up and grab some key varsity minutes next season.

greengiant
Waterboy

Post by greengiant »

I think south webster JV is 12-6. couple of their players impress me. lance swords and levi cook. levi cook is fast as lightning and drives the ball very well. i think he could help webster alot next year i think he just lacks experience he is a impressive player. cant wait to see him improve over the next couple of years

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I was going to post it^^^ Levi Cook and Lance Swords will step up big next year. Levi is a great point guard and plays like his sister. Lance shoots the ball really well from deep and can dunk. I think he had 24 points against green earlier. Levi has to be averaging around 20ppg. Seth Goddard and Jensen Dyer will be full time varsity next year as well. Andrew Salisbury will have to improve his game more in the off-season.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

I think the kids from burg are raw and will develop nicely under coach barrick... cant wait to see next years team

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Swanker Pine wrote:I was going to post it^^^ Levi Cook and Lance Swords will step up big next year. Levi is a great point guard and plays like his sister. Lance shoots the ball really well from deep and can dunk. I think he had 24 points against green earlier. Levi has to be averaging around 20ppg. Seth Goddard and Jensen Dyer will be full time varsity next year as well. Andrew Salisbury will have to improve his game more in the off-season.
What are you like the stinking director of young talent at SW? LOL... and thats a hard knock on a kid saying he plays like a girl... i dont care if she's D1 or not, you just called that dude a girl... low blow

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:I was going to post it^^^ Levi Cook and Lance Swords will step up big next year. Levi is a great point guard and plays like his sister. Lance shoots the ball really well from deep and can dunk. I think he had 24 points against green earlier. Levi has to be averaging around 20ppg. Seth Goddard and Jensen Dyer will be full time varsity next year as well. Andrew Salisbury will have to improve his game more in the off-season.
What are you like the stinking director of young talent at SW? LOL... and thats a hard knock on a kid saying he plays like a girl... i dont care if she's D1 or not, you just called that dude a girl... low blow
Gotta say being compared to a girl is bad... unless you are in fact a female. Regardless, the Jeeps will be in good shape next year.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

hey moose stop taking everything literally... i think he was just noting the fact that they both are great athletes for their respected gender... grow up a little, gz

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

This doesn't mean he plays like a girl. He is a great athlete and dominates like Kayla. Even if he did play exactly like Kayla he would still be one of the top players.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Shoot I would love it if somebody said I played like Kayla Cook, A D1 player on a big stage, somebody who goes 100% all the time, great shot, great D, great attitude....im sensing some sexism out of some posters (and don't tell me "duuuur boys are just naturally more athletic and no girl can compete" I know this but the style of her play is excellent.

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

Swanker shouldn't be so sexist I apologize for him. I don't think any of the kids mentioned from South Webster are Juniors on the Varsity Team however.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

all-time athlete wrote:Shoot I would love it if somebody said I played like Kayla Cook, A D1 player on a big stage, somebody who goes 100% all the time, great shot, great D, great attitude....im sensing some sexism out of some posters (and don't tell me "duuuur boys are just naturally more athletic and no girl can compete" I know this but the style of her play is excellent.
I'm not a sexist... I'm a realist! She is a great ball player, obviously! ... I was just givin swank a hard time for evaluating next years SW team... and what does duuuuur mean ya ol' hillbilly :aaaaa88 :aaaaa92 :lol:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Why? I know we all knew this year would be a tossup in the 2nd division but what about next year? Stegman, most of SW's core, Slone, Hale, Brown, and Canon are graduating. Should be another tossup next season as well, could see Valley and Waverly battling for it.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Swanker Pine wrote:Why? I know we all knew this year would be a tossup in the 2nd division but what about next year? Stegman, most of SW's core, Slone, Hale, Brown, and Canon are graduating. Should be another tossup next season as well, could see Valley and Waverly battling for it.
I agree that Valley and Waverly could be battling for the SOCII next year, but most people thought they would have been right there in the mix this year and it didn't work out that way.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly JV's were 10-3 (SOC) coming into tonights game vs Northwest. 2 players who have played JV all year (starters Hart & Hensley) moved up to varsity. The Tigers scrapped and clawed but couldn't quite get over the hump as they fell tonight and finished at 10-4 in league play.

Hart, Hensley, Corcoran, Heibel, Rinehart & Davis are players who should add to a great nucleous of players returning next year with Kretzer, Kelly, White & Ward.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg had 5 sophomores on the varsity roster the whole year and 1 freshman for the last several games. The freshman team won the Ashland, KY invitational tournament last week, so that whole group is solid. I believe the 8th graders coming up are 14-1 on the season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”