Vinton County @ Jackson 2/19

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County @ Jackson 2/19

Post by Ironman92 »

2 that do a lot of bigger games around here and 1 that will do many big games around here in the future

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It seemed like the one guy called about 60% of the fouls.

Maroon Shorts
Riding the Bench

Post by Maroon Shorts »

How could Vinton Co. win with a 19 year-old ref. His Daddy. and Derrow. There's no way. How can those three go home feeling good about themselves after that game and on top of that Vinton Co. played scared and went away from their usual smashmouth defense and team work.

Good Luck Vinton Co. and Jackson in sectionals
Last edited by Maroon Shorts on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

VC did come out cold and did not really play to their defensive capabilities until they were down 14. Looked really good the last 6 minutes of the game. I think they felt Jackson would just lay down for them since it was their last game of the year and they had only won 3 or 4 games all year. 2 of the technicals that were called on VC should have been on Jackson. #44 for Jackson should have been ejected twice for elbows he threw at the free throw line. For the crew that was there, poorly called game. You can't call touch fouls and not call fouls when kids end up on the floor......

sportsfan18
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan18 »

Jackson plays hard but they are very lucky they won that game.. they had so many turnovers and they couldnt rebound.. if vinton county was shooting well they wouldve won by 15.. goodluck to both teams in the tournament

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

IF A COULD HAVE WOULD HAVE ....GIVE ME A BREAK.. JUST LIKE THE LOSS TO WELLSTON YOU SHOULD HAVE WON ... AS FAR AS ELBOS BEING THROWN VC SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIT SEVERAL MORE TIMES WITH TECHNICALS. YOU LOST DEAL WITH IT..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Both teams deserve credit for playing hard.....Jackson deserves credit for finding a way to win. Game should've went to OT barring a potential 25-30 foot contested shot going in.....that never happened.

Did Piketon play well when VC beat them? Jackson beat VC on a poor shooting night by VC.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Piketon played very well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Piketon may have played well but I read (though it could be incorrect) that Piketon had a 4 point lead with 2 minutes left and committed 2 unforced turnovers. Many people on here said the game was very rough and that it benefitted VC.

The refs of our game were not great....but didn't call too many fouls either IMO.....they may have missed some bigger calls.

I guess my main gripe might just be that 4 people predicted a 13-14+ point win by VC.....and at no point during the game did it ever look like that was possible. Jackson won the game but there has yet to be one VC fan give Jackson any credit.

I thought VC looked to be the better team in terms of offensive movement/crisp passing, defensive pressure, rebounding and holding on to the ball.....but they did not win. Jackson had to do something to pull out that win.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

IT DOES'NT MATTER IRONMAN 92 THEY NEVER GET ANY BREAKS. THEY NEVER LOSE ANY GAMES... SHOOT I EVEN THINK THE CONCESSION WORKERS WERE AGIANST THEM......LOL.... BY THE WAY FOR THOSE FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE $2 PARKING SPOTS.....JUST DON'T COME NEXT TIME......

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I was right there I92, check my post. I had predicted that the game would be closer than most would think, and I took the under (99 points), so I was right there, should've parley it. However, I will not apologize for believing the Vikings would win, nor will I apologize for the following statements. I believe the Vikings lost the game more than Jackson won it. Yes, Jackson play hard and well. More impressive was the fact the Ironmen held their composure and we didn't when the Circus was happening. Also, I do not like paying $2 to park at a high school event; moreover, to pay to park on taxpayer property. Granted I am not a Jackson taxpayer, but that parking spot should be available at the appropriate times.

Furthermore, Piketon was up four with 59 seconds left and as you saw on Saturday, the Vikings had two steals, one by Joey Batey, the second by Levi Lawhead. Therefore, the turnovers were forced. They were great defensive efforts by the Vikings. Especially, holding a team averaging 60 plus points to just 48. Only one time this season has a team scored more than 60 points against the Vikings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

uh....I know what you posted. You were not one of the 13-14+ people...you said it would be closer. Good call, but I'm sure you remembered the year before and have been around enough to know Jackson was capable and playing well 2 nights in a row is not always easy.

Won't argue at all on the Vikings defense......they move well and know where to go.

Thanks for the composure remark. VC lost their composure too much for the refs a couple of times and it cost them a little.

I don't like to pay to park anywhere.

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

I think all schools Jackson travels to should charge them to park. :mrgreen:

footballfanatic1
All Conference

i'd pay $2 any time as long as we get to beat VC..... :mrgreen: :122249

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It sure in the heck wouldn't keep me from going if I was going to go anyways...nor would I gripe about it to anyone outside of my car.....for more than 5 seconds.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ironman92 wrote:Piketon may have played well but I read (though it could be incorrect) that Piketon had a 4 point lead with 2 minutes left and committed 2 unforced turnovers. Many people on here said the game was very rough and that it benefitted VC.

The refs of our game were not great....but didn't call too many fouls either IMO.....they may have missed some bigger calls.

I guess my main gripe might just be that 4 people predicted a 13-14+ point win by VC.....and at no point during the game did it ever look like that was possible. Jackson won the game but there has yet to be one VC fan give Jackson any credit.

I thought VC looked to be the better team in terms of offensive movement/crisp passing, defensive pressure, rebounding and holding on to the ball.....but they did not win. Jackson had to do something to pull out that win.
All I said was that I wasnt an expert, that it was just a guess.And, Yes, Jackson played a heck of a game. Sorry I took so long to post. Next time I will post sooner to keep you from gettin your undies in a bunch.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

The 19 year old won't do any big games around here he'll probably be at the DI college level next year.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

I have a friend who is a college official and I'll say that the "19 year old" has a long way to go before he's at the D1 level. Guys at that level have poise when things get crazy. When's the last time you turned on a Super Tuesday game on ESPN and seen several player technicals called in the same game? D1 players are constantly chirping at the officials...way more than high school players do. If you are sensitive, you better stay at the high school level where the OHSAA allows officials to be bullies. The NCAA actually holds their officials accountable.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

CD the technicals were basicially called because of rough play..elbos flying and such not chirping...

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The sad thing is the 19 year old is the best of that crew, and his father may be one of the worse officials in Southeastern Ohio. He carries an attitude and he looks for trouble. Jr. Needs to get away from Daddy before the habits and attitude wear off.

Return to “Boys Basketball”