Best Team in your schools Modern History 1970-2011

larrbird33
Waterboy

Re: Best Team in your schools Modern History 1970-2011

Post by larrbird33 »

Portsmouth Trojans

The teams that I have seen in my lifetime. The 1978, 79 and 80 teams are my all time favorite teams!! Very blessed to be around those guys.

1978 AA State Champs Not a great record 19-7 but had two major injuries that didn't help. Jeff Lisath missed about 8 games and Jim Muarry missed some games at the end of the season. Six of the players on that team played a sport at the division 1 level. State Championship game they defeated Cleveland Latin the 77 State Champion.

1979 Ranked number 1 all season long in AA, and went undefeated during the regular season but lost to Ironton in the District final.

1988 State Champs in AA. Great team and Coach Sub pushed every button correctly. I think they were 27-1.

1980 AA State -Runner up. What a tournament run this team had. Not the most talented team but were big and strong! Lead by Kirk McMahon, Marcus Bendolph and about 4 or 5 guys over 6'5. Came within 1 point of winning it all.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

larrbird33 wrote:Portsmouth Trojans

The teams that I have seen in my lifetime. The 1978, 79 and 80 teams are my all time favorite teams!! Very blessed to be around those guys.

1978 AA State Champs Not a great record 19-7 but had two major injuries that didn't help. Jeff Lisath missed about 8 games and Jim Muarry missed some games at the end of the season. Six of the players on that team played a sport at the division 1 level. State Championship game they defeated Cleveland Latin the 77 State Champion.

1979 Ranked number 1 all season long in AA, and went undefeated during the regular season but lost to Ironton in the District final.

1988 State Champs in AA. Great team and Coach Sub pushed every button correctly. I think they were 27-1.

1980 AA State -Runner up. What a tournament run this team had. Not the most talented team but were big and strong! Lead by Kirk McMahon, Marcus Bendolph and about 4 or 5 guys over 6'5. Came within 1 point of winning it all.
smh..! You a Trojan or Redstreak? You have different opinions or multiple personalities....?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

bvmv4life i was thinking the same thing! He said he's from Portsmouth but lives in Piketon on one thread, then on another said he's from Piketon that lives in Portsmouth! He also said that Legg is the best player to come out of the area in the last 20 years too. Legg is a good player but there has been alot of talented players in the last 20 years.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Umm I dont think Hannan Trace beat Fairland twice that year,Fairland was 21-3 in 1991!

Losses were to Chesapeake,South Point and Portsmouth in the regional semis!

Return to “Boys Basketball”