Division IV District Player of the Year, Blevins or Cox?

GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Re: Division IV District Player of the Year, Blevins or Cox?

Post by GlenwoodGURU »

By the way....New Boston never gets any love....Go Tigers! Our records are like Happy Gilmore's...we are the only gym in the state where you have to watch out for a step while your running back in transition. But we wouldnt have it any other way.

Tartan Sauce
Waterboy

Post by Tartan Sauce »

Glennwoody guru I hate to read so I find it hard to follow your posts. When is new Boston getting football?

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Basketball is the one sport where the small schools can compete. You only need 5! Not like Football or Soccer. Just 1 or 2 good players in each grade in a small school and you can have a good team. Everything is cyclical and South Webster was 3-18 in 08 and 4-18 in 09. Lost the first tournament game in 08 and the Sectional Final in 09.

South Webster doesn't have a player taller than 6'4 in the starting line-up and Ashton Miller is 5'7" at his tallest and he was in that zone on Monday Night. Connor is 6'3, Austin is 6'4 and Joshua is 6'0 and Sutton is 6'4..... There are plenty taller line-ups in the State of Ohio in Division 4.

South Webster will be Division 4 for at least the next 2 years and probably beyond.

GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by GlenwoodGURU »

Tartansauce...Probably after we are able to figure out how to get 5 good basketball players out of our 38 boys that we have in the school since it is so easy according to svbt1112. And I can only think of like 2 Div 4 teams that have the back court length that the Jeeps could put on the floor.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Don't worry ghsGURU... if sw had football they would be a d6 powerhouse as they somehow would be the largest school in the division. It's hard for our true schools to compete with the stacked d4 schools like SW that mysteriously spit out great talent year after year

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I hope Webster goes back to D3 so I can get on seopreps and make excuses about my weak athletic program and then whine about the Chesapeake/Wheelersburg bias just because those schools win consistently. Sounds like fun.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Say the OHSAA would move the line down to 100 boys for D4. Then you'd be on here whining about South Gallia, Whiteoak and Racine Southern. Maybe we could go to 8 divisions to make everyone happ? It's the OHSAA division setup boys, deal with it.*

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Glenwood: Good luck to you----the Manchester vs Southern game was tonight by the way and not Saturday. Good comments on that thread as well---you seem to have some issues with South Webster----Have you seen all Division 4 teams in the state?

I am sorry that we have more students than you. Until they make a division for the schools with numbers under 50 or something like that I guess you guys will have to limp along....... 5 out of 38 is feasible, 1 out of 7.6 has to be able to play basketball! Get involved with the Biddy Ball program---turn them around, you can do it!

GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by GlenwoodGURU »

moose is loose...it is not a mystery. Good players want to go to SW. Was Waginger trying to transfer to any of the SOC I schools? Or any other D3 schools in the area. Its an easy sell when people can say come here and win state championships, we only have to beat maybe one or two good teams.

The Jeeps 06 run wasnt against world beaters!

73-21 (W) - East @ South Webster - Sectional SemiFinal

83-43 (W) - Fairfield @ South Webster - Sectional Final

84-35 (W) - South Gallia @ South Webster - District SemiFinal

74-35 (W) - Whiteoak @ South Webster - District Final

82-37 (W) - Plymouth @ South Webster - Regional SemiFinal

81-68 (W) - Worthington Christian @ South Webster - Regional Final

61-58 (W) - Lockland @ South Webster - State Semi-Final

83-65 (W) - Columbus Grove @ South Webster - State Championship

Trust me, I would be the last person to have a problem with SW...I am just enjoying the debate. This is a big issue facing some of these smaller programs throughout the state. I hope that some day we do have a run and a special group like the one South Webster did.

And on that I am out! Good luck to the Jeeps and all the other SOC Teams at the Convo on Saturday!!!!

GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by GlenwoodGURU »

I forgot one more thing...what this topic was really about...our great conversation cause us to lose focus on an important award.

Connor Scott, congratulations. You are a great player and I look forward to following your success next year for the Jackets!!!! Good luck this Saturday.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

GlenwoodGURU wrote:moose is loose...it is not a mystery. Good players want to go to SW. Was Waginger trying to transfer to any of the SOC I schools? Or any other D3 schools in the area. Its an easy sell when people can say come here and win state championships, we only have to beat maybe one or two good teams.

The Jeeps 06 run wasnt against world beaters!

73-21 (W) - East @ South Webster - Sectional SemiFinal

83-43 (W) - Fairfield @ South Webster - Sectional Final

84-35 (W) - South Gallia @ South Webster - District SemiFinal

74-35 (W) - Whiteoak @ South Webster - District Final

82-37 (W) - Plymouth @ South Webster - Regional SemiFinal

81-68 (W) - Worthington Christian @ South Webster - Regional Final

61-58 (W) - Lockland @ South Webster - State Semi-Final

83-65 (W) - Columbus Grove @ South Webster - State Championship

Trust me, I would be the last person to have a problem with SW...I am just enjoying the debate. This is a big issue facing some of these smaller programs throughout the state. I hope that some day we do have a run and a special group like the one South Webster did.

And on that I am out! Good luck to the Jeeps and all the other SOC Teams at the Convo on Saturday!!!!

Guru I was also having some fun but Webster has only won one state championship in any sport so it's hard to say that they win them all the time. That 06 team and the couple teams before them with those core group of players were special and something that everyone from southern Ohio could be proud of. I wouldn't call it a cakewalk just cuz they destroyed teams, thy could have honestly competed in any division in the state. They played who they had to play. With that said, this argument is about the current jeeps and I think everyone has apparently already crowned them and that's all we've heard all year from people like swanker pine. That's what is annoying and that's why they need to be put in there place. They are good but not great yet

lurkingintheshadow
Waterboy

Post by lurkingintheshadow »

GleenwoodGURU, please consolidate with Clay or East

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

lurkingintheshadow wrote:GleenwoodGURU, please consolidate with Clay or East
A better pick would be Clay. An East/NB consolidation would bump them up to DIII.....they wouldn't want that

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

guru: Why do you want a "special group like the one South Webster did?" You just posted a novel above about how they didn't play anybody during their championship run, and then you call them special? I'd have more respect for you if you were man enough to stick to your true thoughts instead of trying to come back to the middle with well-wishes to Connor Scott after you basically said he only won this award because of a "Webster bias." Save your well wishes, Webster and Connor Scott don't want them, nor need them. The day New Boston wins anything, I'll be sure to post about their world-beater schedule in SOC I.

And while we're at it, Whiteoak, Worthington Christian, Cincinnati Lockland and Columbus Grove all would have beaten New Boston by 40+ that year.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I'll crown anyone I want to crown moose. Have you even been to a Webster game this season? The senior class is the strongest since 06, not only in basketball but in soccer and track as well. In all honesty, some of them were robbed of their first two years (two years we would all like to forget) As Freshman Scott didn't play JV. he didn't play much Varsity either. My guess is the time spent as a manager under Kreischer was a better experience than anything Reese ever employed.
A great part of Websters basketball teams is biddy ball. They get people to coach that actually know what they are doing and can improve their game at that level. They've also had really good coaches in Jr High (for the boys at least...) for the past 8 or so years.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Guru makes my head hurt

fan of GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by fan of GlenwoodGURU »

Swanker I heard that you guys also have a killer chorus and Drumline or something like that. Maybe you can show us a comparison of the 06 quiz bowl team vs this years team. U R A joke I bet you Like Cox way better than blevins. :oops:

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

It's hilarious to me that the New Boston faithful come out firing at schools still in the tournament weeks after they have been knocked out (in the first round) ... good luck soc II schools

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

Yea, all this fussing and fighting on here is getting crazy, but I must say it's entertaining. Glad to hear from a New Boston fan during the basketball season. :lol: Where have they been all year? I still think the best part of this thread is that Scott won the award and his name isnt in the topic. Pie on the face of whoever started this thread. LOL

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

It's going to be fun watching the games on Saturday.

IMO: The true POY (Scott, Blevins, Cox or maybe Michaels) is yet to be crowned.

Hmmmmmm?????????

Return to “Boys Basketball”