Chesapeake vs Wellston 3/6

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Re: Chesapeake vs Wellston 3/6

Post by @nd_1 »

Ironman92 wrote:Who thought they wouldn't be? Did anyone think River Valley wasn't beatable?
I assume he meant the beginning of the season seeing that ZERO of the players had previous varsity experience.

gorockets2
Riding the Bench

Post by gorockets2 »

@nd_1 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Who thought they wouldn't be? Did anyone think River Valley wasn't beatable?
I assume he meant the beginning of the season seeing that ZERO of the players had previous varsity experience.
Your right Wellston may be the only team in Athens next week that does not start one senior and that lost all 5 starters from last seasons team. No matter what happens in this game it is a step in the right direction for this young rockets team. Good luck rockets!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

You are correct @nd_1!
Very true gorockets2!

Rocketfan88
Freshman Team

Post by Rocketfan88 »

IMO This group of Athletes Wellston put on the bball court And ft.ball Field will be pretty exciting to watch next year!!! Nice Job Rockets!!! Focus on Sunday!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

For info on the Rockets you can go to trivalleyconference.com.

Here is the link for Wellston's team page: http://trivalleyconference.com/Wellston.html

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The lack of experience was something they overcame well.

Anyone that would've known how unbelievably weak this sectional was going to be wouldn't have been surprised by any team in this sectinoal making it out.

If #1 Fairland doesn't win vs a not real strong #4 from Waverly this sectional may be the weakest one ever.

I wish they would just seed all the SE D3 teams into 1 large sectional with 12 teams advancing.

RangerX7
Waterboy

Post by RangerX7 »

Wellstons road ends here

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Is the Osborne boy still with the team. He didn't suit up against VC at the end of the season. What happened to him? He played tough against VC in the 1st meeting which Wellston won.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

I don't know much about Wellson, but if they could only put up 33 on River Valley, I don't see this one being very close. I would like to see a game that is close for a little longer than the first quarter or so, but I guess I can stick around for the game after this one :mrgreen: Don't want a close one until it has to be! Keep rollin' Peake! We're all so proud of you all!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Run Bubba Run wrote:Is the Osborne boy still with the team. He didn't suit up against VC at the end of the season. What happened to him? He played tough against VC in the 1st meeting which Wellston won.
word is ineligible???

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

conehead wrote:I don't know much about Wellson, but if they could only put up 33 on River Valley, I don't see this one being very close. I would like to see a game that is close for a little longer than the first quarter or so, but I guess I can stick around for the game after this one :mrgreen: Don't want a close one until it has to be! Keep rollin' Peake! We're all so proud of you all!
Chesapeake 78
Wellston 34

they are like a powder keg if they get down,both players and coach.(reference vinton county game @ end of season players and coaches getting t'd up) emotions run high. lol

after this one you will get plenty of competition ironton and portsmouth lay in waiting,you never know

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

We will take care of business against Wellston, but can't look ahead towards Portsmouth or Ironton. We still have Piketon and if we win that game we could get a possible Regional Semi rematch against Garaway. Its almost basketball thirty panthers.

Roll Peake ;-)

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

peake by 40....

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Chesapeake shouldn't have a problem with this one. I see Peake being an easy bid to Regionals, possibly State.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

i dont seem to understand this there is gonna be some blow outs at the convo this go round. No shame to some of the teams but that have no reason being on the floor with some of the other teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They can't help how the district was divided up.

Without division and seeding all team would be more fair.....but this is how they do it.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Ironman92 wrote:They can't help how the district was divided up.

Without division and seeding all team would be more fair.....but this is how they do it.
So you are saying they should seed team regardless of what division they are in? Yeah, that sounds a whole lot more fair to me.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

dime-a-dozen wrote:i dont seem to understand this there is gonna be some blow outs at the convo this go round. No shame to some of the teams but that have no reason being on the floor with some of the other teams.
I wholeheartedly agree, there are going to be bigger margins of victory this year I believe than in the recent past. I had a thread last year about these "play & win 1 game sectionals champions" and a lot of times these teams should not reach the district but that's the way the pairings come up so let's play the games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Maybe I didn't say it the best......seed all SE D3 teams into 1 huge sectional with 12 teams advancing on...the same number of teams would advance and it woud be more fair.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

^^^^^^^

I agree.

Return to “Boys Basketball”