#1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: #1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

Post by 4thgoal »

hangman wrote:I don't know how burg's point guard is im sure decent, he will have his hands full with Trent Arey. The boy plays great d, he puts alot of pressure on the ball usaully gets under players skin.
Burg has the luxury of having all 5 starters being comfortable bringing the ball up the court if it would happen to be a problem, but McBee is pretty calm under pressure.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Should be a great game. Going with the Pirates.

Lets....Go....Burg!!!

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

hangman wrote:I don't know how burg's point guard is im sure decent, he will have his hands full with Trent Arey. The boy plays great d, he puts alot of pressure on the ball usaully gets under players skin.
McBee and Arey will be a good match up.. Both outstanding atheletes as sophmores. McBee can handle the pressure and is good at taking care of the ball and getting a few steals per game on D. Would like to see the kid take some more shots per game he has the ability to put up 20 plus points a night but goes with team effort instead of me effort which makes him wiser beyond his years and a true team first kid. I look for a big game from Stegman and Burg will have to contain Justice.. He will get his points but I think if Burg can limit the rest of the team will be the key to Victory ! I look for this one to come down to the last possesion. GO BURG !!!

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

I think Peebles will win but I'll be rooting for the BURG and the SOC..........

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

This could be an instant classic... Play hard for 4 qtrs and anything is possible.. GOOD LUCK BURG ..

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

4th n Goal wrote:
hangman wrote:Going to be a great game,look for the indians to open it up on a bigger floor. Should be exiting down to the wire. I take Peebles by 7
I think Burg will try and limit the posessions and keep the game lower scoring. How does Peebles match up on the inside if Burg pounds it inside to Stegman?
Stegman is an excellent post player and he, like familiar bigs Blake Blevins and Chris Cox, has a pretty decent jumper for his size. He will either be gaurded by junior Jake Daniels(6'6'', good all around defensive player...I believe he lead the SHL in blocks this season and was close to the top in rebounds) or Blake Justice(6'2"/6'3", also a good defender..second on the team in rebounds and first in steals, knows Stegman's game from playing with him over the summer). Other than Stegman, who for the Pirates gets good minutes playing in the post? Could anyone post their complete roster?

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I feel Wheelersburg might just pull the upset against Peebles. I would like to see Blake Justice make it farther into tournaments for some more recognition. But I see the Pirates getting them here.

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

Wheelersburg needs to keep the game low scoring.Stegman will have to have a big game scoring and on the boards.Ballard will have to shoot the ball well.Mcbee must stop penetration from Arey and slow down the break.I wonder if the Burg will try to play some zone?

Peebles needs to make it a fast paced game.Justice will get his points but i think he will draw alot of attention.Countryman and Mcfarland will need to knock down some big shots.Arey has played really well lately and he will need to play good tight defense.Daniels needs to keep Stegman off the boards and score on put backs and dump offs.

I think Peebles has too many weapons.My pick is Peebles 68 Burg 54.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

followthru wrote:.I wonder if the Burg will try to play some zone?
Could be dangerous with the shooters we have.

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

I agree TribeManiac10.I think another key is if Ward guards Justice he likes to get up in your face.He guarded Yates in the last game and Yates went by him consistantly.Justice is dangerous when he can drive and dish.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

followthru wrote:I agree TribeManiac10.I think another key is if Ward guards Justice he likes to get up in your face.He guarded Yates in the last game and Yates went by him consistantly.Justice is dangerous when he can drive and dish.
I agree. Blake comes out with a target on his back everygame and consistantly gets the job done under pressure. Him driving to the hoop could open up oppurtunities for teammates in a similiar fashion to the North Adams game.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

look for it to be close the whole game...taking BURG in OT..

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't know the Peebles roster or starters, but I could see Schank possibly guarding Justice. It depends on the other matchups, but I could see Ward guarding the big guy underneath leaving Stegman to guard one of the forwards and help as needed. Barrick is not a zone coach and I don't see that changing other than maybe for a few posessions here and there to mix things up a little, but I would guess 90% man defense.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

I think peebles will be too much for burg. Close game thru 3 qtrs peebles stretches it to win by 11.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

4th n Goal wrote:I don't know the Peebles roster or starters, but I could see Schank possibly guarding Justice. It depends on the other matchups, but I could see Ward guarding the big guy underneath leaving Stegman to guard one of the forwards and help as needed. Barrick is not a zone coach and I don't see that changing other than maybe for a few posessions here and there to mix things up a little, but I would guess 90% man defense.
Stegman would have to matchup with a gaurd if Ward and Schank get paired with Daniels and Justice.

Peebles Roster(Players that could see significant time)
*Starters
P=Post

*PG Trent Arey-5'10"
*PG Andy Countryman-6'2"
*SG Tyler McFarland-6'1"
*SG/SF Blake Justice-6'3"
*P Jake Daniels-6'6"
P Brandon Leedy-6'4"
G/F Dalton Fischer-5'11"
P AJ Chamblin-6'1"

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

That's interesting. It looks like both teams play a similar lineup. I placed the Burg starters next to who they could guard with some of the subs in parentheses.

*PG Trent Arey-5'10" - McBee 5'11" (Massie 5'9")
*PG Andy Countryman-6'2" - Schankweiler 5'11"
*SG Tyler McFarland-6'1" - Ballard 6'3"
*SG/SF Blake Justice-6'3" - Ward 6'2" (Miller 6'2")
*P Jake Daniels-6'6" - Stegman 6'6" (Sloan 6'3")

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Sorry folks but this one will be over with at halftime. Peebles up 10 at half and rolls from there.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

PHSfan14 wrote:Sorry folks but this one will be over with at halftime. Peebles up 10 at half and rolls from there.
disagree...burg draining outside 3s, dishing to steg when guarded...close whole game...bugr pullin it off

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Hopefully the Burg cheer block will be back to normal for this one. I am not sure what was going on at Jackson, but they just stood there for the most part and had little to say. Do we need to bring back the coaching staff impersonators?!

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

The D wrote:
PHSfan14 wrote:Sorry folks but this one will be over with at halftime. Peebles up 10 at half and rolls from there.
disagree...burg draining outside 3s, dishing to steg when guarded...close whole game...bugr pullin it off

WOW!! LOL Not real sure its gonna go down quite like this. If history is any indication of how this is gonna turn out then the Indians will have a long ride home. History has a funny way of changing course though! I think this is the year that the Indians stop the Burg domminance. I'll take Peebles by 4 in a nail biter!

Return to “Boys Basketball”