#1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Re: #1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

Post by buckwheat »

BG77, you are exactly right on the foul situation, Peebles should be glad for the way the game was called. Stegman might of had his best game of the year. Peebles had no answer for him.
If it was purely a 3pt contest Peebles would have definetly won,really enjoyed watching Justice, he did not disappoint. Burgs tougher schedule payed off today. This game was like another SOC game for them. Barrick got some great minutes out of Dylan Miller. Hes going to be a good one the next 3 years. Hope some of the other boys step up their game Saturday.
Congrats to Peebles on a fine season..............Go BURG!

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

Burg was most definatley prepared for the Indians. I wonder if the Indians had time to get film or to scout Burg? It was hard to tell.....

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Great game to watch! Congrats Burg! You will either live or die by the 3 point shot.....Nice season Peebles

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Daniels,Arey two fouls each in the first Quarter.Then they threw the game plan out and allowed Steg"MAN" to get going.Then they fell into the three point trap.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

art_vandelay wrote:Awesome...I've learned over the years to never count out Burg with Barrick on the sidelines. Good luck against Ironton*
Unerringly avowed! Two instructors of basketball matched intellect with one departing as the unambiguous victor. Tempo, tempo, tempo along with second chance opportunities was the dissimilarity in this gala. Both of these attributes reflect solely on the instructor of basketball and his/her facility to edify his players.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

galaxie63 wrote:Daniels,Arey two fouls each in the first Quarter.Then they threw the game plan out and allowed Steg"MAN" to get going.Then they fell into the three point trap.

What was their game plan? Hard for me to tell? Dribble drive?

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Inside -out with Arey,Countryman- penetration,Dish to Daniels,pass off to open look or draw contact and shoot. Play inside- out as Burg did.Two early first quarter fouls took Arey out of the equation.Made Peebles one dimentional.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

galaxie63 wrote:Inside -out with Arey,Countryman- penetration,Dish to Daniels,pass off to open look or draw contact and shoot. Play inside- out as Burg did.Two early first quarter fouls took Arey out of the equation.Made Peebles one dimentional.
I'm glad you could tell because nobody around me knew what was going on.(I wasn't sitting in the Peebles crowd) I saw that tried a few times but no hands. Maybe successful twice?? Justice is the only one I saw that could guard Stegman. Peebles bench did a decent job in there, at least I am assuming they were bench players. I know they didn't start tonight. If I am remembering right they took the lead with two off the bench in the game and for some reason the decision was made to sub again. IMO poor timing.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Don't know,We usually apply a lot of pressure on the ball,but; didn't try it much tonight.When we did it worked pretty well.After taking the lead in the fourth with pressure we quit putting on any pressure. Played right into their hands.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

slug wrote:
galaxie63 wrote:Inside -out with Arey,Countryman- penetration,Dish to Daniels,pass off to open look or draw contact and shoot. Play inside- out as Burg did.Two early first quarter fouls took Arey out of the equation.Made Peebles one dimentional.
I'm glad you could tell because nobody around me knew what was going on.(I wasn't sitting in the Peebles crowd) I saw that tried a few times but no hands. Maybe successful twice?? Justice is the only one I saw that could guard Stegman. Peebles bench did a decent job in there, at least I am assuming they were bench players. I know they didn't start tonight. If I am remembering right they took the lead with two off the bench in the game and for some reason the decision was made to sub again. IMO poor timing.
The bench didnt score a point. No one did a good job gaurding Stegman. He was limited throughout the fourth because our defense made a conscious effort to double whenever he got the ball near the post.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game. It came down to the Burg being able to pound it inside and Peebles not hitting very well in the 2nd half from behind the arc. Does anyone know how many they hit for the game? I would have to think it was around 10-12. Peebles didn't have an answer for Stegman and he took control late in the game with ther big three to tie it and the big jumper to send it to OT.

Talking about the fouls. Can someone answer me this. When did it stop being called a foul when everytime you beat your man you are allowed to shove, grab or push the man you are guarding. 24 for Peebles, everytime he got beat he was absoulutely attacking whoever had the ball and still yet he only had 2 fouls called on him late in regualtion and in OT. It wasn't like he was going for the ball, he was just flat out shoving the offensive player.

I went to also watch Justice. It's not to often you get to see a 2,000 pointy scorer. He did not dissapoint, but IMO I think Peebles was looking for him to much late in the game in OT and the kid was flat wore out. Did Countryman even take a shot in the 4th qtr and OT? It is hard to ride one player like that especially after that player has played almsot the entire game.

Well worth the price of admission and it's to bad someone has to lose, but that is the bad thing about the tournament, one and done. I would say that this was the best game of the day. i know Ironton won easily and Chesapeake destroyed Wellston.

Burg-irpnton should be another classic.

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

slug wrote:I'm glad you could tell because nobody around me knew what was going on.(I wasn't sitting in the Peebles crowd) I saw that tried a few times but no hands. Maybe successful twice?? Justice is the only one I saw that could guard Stegman. Peebles bench did a decent job in there, at least I am assuming they were bench players. I know they didn't start tonight. If I am remembering right they took the lead with two off the bench in the game and for some reason the decision was made to sub again. IMO poor timing.

Agree Slug.
TribeManiac10 wrote:The bench didnt score a point. No one did a good job gaurding Stegman. He was limited throughout the fourth because our defense made a conscious effort to double whenever he got the ball near the post.
Tribe, you don't always have to score to make a difference in a game. I disagree with you on the defense played on Steg. Thought Justice should have been put on him from the beginning.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

ticklethetwine wrote:Tribe, you don't always have to score to make a difference in a game. I disagree with you on the defense played on Steg. Thought Justice should have been put on him from the beginning.
Still have to disagree. I felt that the defense was only able to effectively cut off Stegman's production when they fronted and had someone back to either double or intercept the lob. The help just wasent there most of the game.

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Rebound, Rebound, Rebound! We all have our points of view as to why this game ended up the way it did. Soooo many views and not ONE play caused the game to be won or lost. I want to say Good job to both teams. The Burg seems to have Peebles # and maybe there is a reason why that is. To the Seniors, this was a good run! To the returning squad; this can only make you stronger! Good luck next year!

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

congrats to burg they played well and forced peebles to play there game, as far as stegman looked to be a outstanding player. Stegman seemed to know that if he brought Daniels out of the paint he could beat him off the dribble and it worked almost everytime. Peebles boys should not hang there heads, they played hard. I had alot of fun watching this season thanks.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Ditto!!!!!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I thought the Refs did a good job both ways in this game, a pretty fairly called game IMO.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:I thought the Refs did a good job both ways in this game, a pretty fairly called game IMO.
There were a lot of "calls" not made both ways. Everyone normally expects this once you get to the Convo. The Burg game was not nearly as bad as the Ironton vs. Meigs game. There were a couple series in the first half of the Ironton game that resembled a football game! Players from both sides on the floor and fouls on both ends of the court with no calls. IMO, the refs don't want to be a factor in tournament games and try their best to let the players decide the outcome.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

congrats burg on a great game. peebles could'nt make a layup in the second half which killed them! best game of the day at the convo!!!

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Sooooooo where was that bus driver?

Good win Pirates!

Return to “Boys Basketball”