Final: Portsmouth 61 Fairland 41 - District Championship

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth vs. Fairland - District Final D3 - 3/12 @ 9PM

Post by TrojanPride »

Besides the trojans haveing great talent it seems to me they play better as a team late in the games always looking for eatch other never tryin to do it alone in my eyes this is what sets them apart form the past few years. Trojans keep your heads stay the course and let the chips fall. OnceATrojan AlwaysATrojan

GreatLuck PHS Win&Advance

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some napkin stats to ponder as to why my Ouija Board is taking the Trojans of Coach Collins by closer to 20 points rather than 10 points ...

... nothing from last game indicates to me that anyone on the Fairfield side of the court can handle Mr. Bendolph defensively ...

... FHS first 6 vs PHS first 6 ... seriously ???!!!

... the Dragons vs Eastern Brown scored only 20 points from the floor while netting 28 of their 38 FTs ... Portsmouth doesn't foul ! vs Warren @ Warren PHS committed 12 fouls total for the game , vs Northwest only 9 personal fouls ... the tight D AND keeping their opponents OFF the FT line ... Fairland won't be able to match Portsmouth from the field ...

... Fairland has to show the ability to hit the 3 ball ... vs Eastern Brown (not nearly the pressure they will see from the Trojans) FHS was dismal 0 for 11 from behind the arc ...

... this one is easy - "first team to 50 wins" ... take the Trojans to cut down the nets ...

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I keep waiting for Bendolph to have a breakout game and this could very well be it.

Portsmouth-68 Fairland-51

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Fairland 73 Portsmouth 72 - OT - Prediction

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojans need to stay focused and listen to your coaches....this time of year you have to leave it al on the floor,get every lose ball,and go after evey rebound like its the game winner.....

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

turds back, wow, lets get to it!! u guys give up on the fairland would b 5th at best if they were n another bracket...waaaah wahhh...they are the number 1 period, let it go. fairland also has not had a great game in the tourney yet either so they are also due. fisher has yet to be on top of his game, so hes due as well. i heard salyers and holbrook played more than just well and handled portsys biggs!! so i think it will b a good game!!!

fairland- 65
portsmouth- 35

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

i heard salyers and holbrook played more than just well and handled portsys biggs!! so i think it will b a good game!!!

fairland- 65
portsmouth- 35
yeah right bendolph might have 35 alone i wish someone would play portsmouth man2man i bet fairland do nothing but zone this week... i bet they dont stop portsmouth's bigs Saturday

portsmouth over fairland you name the score Win&Advance

earp
S

Post by earp »

TrojanPride I think zone is agreat idea againist Portmouth to shut down those big kids and force them to prove they can knock down the outside shot on a consitent basis!So I guess I would call working on zone in practice all week a good coaching move!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

whats fairland's record ?

earp
S

Post by earp »

15-7!

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

@earp it seems like a good coaching move but if you have ever seen portsmouth play they have atleast 3 kids that can knock down the out side shot at anytime? i wanna see them play man2man everyone knows you cant win it all with out playing man2man.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

hope this game is avalible on the net! Any info is appreciated

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

I watched Fairland before the Portsmouth, and Portsmouth is much more talented. I think Portsmouth will win this by 12+ if they play smart and as a team. But they need to show their basketball smarts. Once again a Trojan was T'd up after it looks like Wayne Evans was trash-talking a NW player with one minute to go in the game and the Trojans up by 15? Come on now, if you wanna make a deep tourney run you can't be pulling stupid mistakes like that.

What's even more puzzling is that Coach Collins left Evans in the rest of the game even after the Technical? If Evans would have got one more he would've been out for two games, the game was already won.

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

ill agree that was a mistake by wayne but im shur that wont happen again... he knows wuts at stake from this point on.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Good Luck to Portsmouth, another SEOAL team. Very kool.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Previous tournament matchups between Fairland and Portsmouth:

1981: Portsmouth 77, Fairland 63 Sectional final at Ironton
1985: Fairland 58, Portsmouth 52 Sectional final at Ironton
1990: Portsmouth 80, Fairland 75 District Final at Athens
1991: Portsmouth 77, Fairland 68 Regional semifinal at Athens

I know the 1990 and 1991 matchups featured two outstanding Fairland players.......Ryan Ramey and another kid whose first name was Nathan.......maybe someone can help me with his last name.......both kids were about 6-4 or 6-5.......I believe that Jack Harris was the coach.

The 1990 game featured the Dragons jumping out to a 29-9 lead, only to have the Trojans come back and get a hard fought win.

The 1985 game marked the debut of Patrick Tubbs, who was a freshman at the time and almost brought the Trojans back in that game.

The 1981 game was the 3rd sectional game for PHS........they beat Coal Grove 96-55, Chespeake 76-22, and then Fairland 77-63.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

It's going to be tough for fairland but withba good game by fisher and a defensive game by salyers.you have to think that salyers and 2 players from Portsmouth play AAU together (dion Wayne) I think?????so he knows how they play and they know he does.

I would expect a zone from fhs because Portsmouth is way to talented

And d2dragon we will do the best we can.we only got half a bus up last game and that was due to complications with the boosters....
But the list goes up tomorrow so people can sign up.

Go dragons

earp
S

Post by earp »

TrojanDave I was at all 4 of those games that you mentioned above,God im old! :aaaaa64

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Well said Bounce Tre plays hard and fights for loose balls and gets rebounds. He is very underated him and Dion ake a good combo !

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

[quote="trojandave"]Previous tournament matchups between Fairland and Portsmouth:

I know the 1990 and 1991 matchups featured two outstanding Fairland players.......Ryan Ramey and another kid whose first name was Nathan.......maybe someone can help me with his last name.......both kids were about 6-4 or 6-5.......I believe that Jack Harris was the coach.

Hughes. Nathan Hughes

Return to “Boys Basketball”