CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

BBALLMAWMAW
Waterboy

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by BBALLMAWMAW »

call it what u want. Just being honest after seeing both teams. Chesapeake is that much better.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Ok then, 85-49. ;-)

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I think this game maybe closer then several of you think. Coach Lisath will have Piketon ready to compete with the Panthers. The cake walk of easy wins had to come to an end sometime, and I think this it. Panthers should still win, but I think it will be close, and Piketon even could pull the upset. Just my opinion as an outsider. Best of luck to both

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

TrojanFB,

You going to stroke the OVC a little now. You and all your cronies have been thumping your chest over the SEOAL, now the OVC has two teams in the district finals. puff puff

jg,

I don't think 90% of the people who have posted on here are from Chesapeake, so please don't call out the Panther nation. I think on the Wellston thread most Chesapeake fans were very cautious to say anything about the next one.

I have not seen Piketon but I have a lot of respect for their program and it was a great game last year at this same point. I will take Chesapeake in this one, but I too believe it will be much closer.

My prediction: Chesapeake 67 Piketon 58

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Peake by 25 +

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If Piketon plays like they are capable, they will give Chesapeake all they want. If they don't, it very well could be ugly. Win or lose, the Streaks have had a fine season, the sun will rise on Sunday morning, and life will go on.

GO STREAKS!!!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Piketon's game plan will be just like it has been all year. Run and gun, chase the ball. They continued to press Waverly in the Holiday Tournament which led to over half of the Tigers points in transition. You guys call it what you want, good coaching if you want. They press and press some more. Sometimes that doesn't work. If they press Peake, they lose big!

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

The press wont work against Peake and Piketon looked very average when they werent pressing

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Peake by 25+
After seeing Piketon on sunday they are average at best. Im sure they can play much better though. They have a great player in Legg and a good coach in Lisath BUT, the Peake has to many weapons and idk if the Streaks can Counter 7players who are able to score 10+ a night. Knowing Fairland ran Alexander out of the gym and then seeing Piketon "Survive and Advance" im predicting.......
PEAKE- 72
PIKETON- 44

Though i forsee the Panthers winning by that much Piketon still has a chance. All it takes is one off night for the Panthers and one great night for the Red Streaks it is tournament time and anybody can beat once you get this far.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Peake 78 Piketon 56

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Most teams will look bad when losing their top 2 ballhandlers for most of a half, even if it's against an inferior opponent. Piketon is going to need to shoot much better from the outside(gotta shoot better than their 20% on the year) and will have to step up the defense.

If Legg is 100%, then they have a much better chance obviously. Coach Lisath does a great job and will have them ready on Saturday night.

Now, I'm leaving towards Chesapeake by 11, but that could change depending on Legg's condition during the week.

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

I think the Streaks are going to give me a win for my birthday Saturday.....................................since I will be spending this very special occasion at the Convo.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

It's why we play the game.

curly neal
Waterboy

Post by curly neal »

im just a by-stander, but did watch all 4 games sunday. i see peake winning huge all the way thru the convo. take nothing from ryan davis, this guy has a loaded team and if the 6 8 kid from albany gave them fits what will they do against peake? does anyone else think the match ups are down this year, just doesnt seem to be the top notch teams across the board.

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

You can't base piketon on just the game from last night. I have watched almost every game, and by no means does that game show who we are. On the 12th we will throw all records and predictions ou the door and it will be settled on the floor. There is no predictions for heart, determination, and perseverance. For all of you saying piketon only has legg, we have plenty of athletes. Im hoping for a great game played by both teams.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If Chesapeake is fortunate enough to get by, teams like Ironton (if they would play would be the third matchup and those are tough), Portsmouth (who is just as talented imo), and Garaway will not role over.

I think everyone should slow down, take a deep breath, and get ready for battles.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Peake by 25. The panthers are the class of the region. I dont think the redstreaks will have an answer for McMaster.
Go figure....because your "boys" Peebles got beat...you've been making comments all year about Piketon...why do we expect anything different from the SHL fan? Go get you a purple t-shirt with number 34 on it! :122246

earp
S

Post by earp »

Peake I have said all along that Garaway will be the 1st team to test Chesapeake!Piketon sorry you guys are a decent team but you just beat Alexander by 5 points which Fairland beat by 28 and Peake beat Fairland both meetings by 41 points!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Streaks will have to play a flawless game to beat the Peake.

Brush really needs to step it up. I wish him the best but I am not convinced he can play at the next level.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Out of Bounds wrote:Piketon's game plan will be just like it has been all year. Run and gun, chase the ball. They continued to press Waverly in the Holiday Tournament which led to over half of the Tigers points in transition. You guys call it what you want, good coaching if you want. They press and press some more. Sometimes that doesn't work. If they press Peake, they lose big!
Waverly, Waverly, are we really talking about Waverly? I believe I just read that Piketon is like 60-10 in the last three years....I guess you can call it what you want? :122249 I've seen them make adjustments, depending on the opponent....(example Mifflin, Zanesville, Vinton County) those were teams they didn't and couldnt press...not sure what the game plan will be...but I'm sure adjustments will be made by the coaching staff.

earp, comparing scores from other games means nothing...tournament time... anything can happen. In this life...every dog has his day! There's something about Coach Lisath and this Redstreak program that goes beyond basketball....I wouldnt count them out...I know people on here feel like playing the Peak is like playing the Miami Heat! But they too can lose against a less talented team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”