South Webster vs Manchester

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster vs Manchester

Post by hook em horns »

It is a great matchup on paper and will be exciting to watch for those who make the journey east on highway 32. By the way, does any school in the Southeast District have to travel more miles to the Convo than Manchester? Google maps says its 111 miles one way but I'm sure they'll bring a good crowd even on a Tuesday night.

I'll make a for what its worth prediction of:
Jeeps 45
Greyhounds 49

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

.....................GO JEEPS....................

Ohioguy23
Waterboy

Post by Ohioguy23 »

hook em horns wrote:It is a great matchup on paper and will be exciting to watch for those who make the journey east on highway 32. By the way, does any school in the Southeast District have to travel more miles to the Convo than Manchester? Google maps says its 111 miles one way but I'm sure they'll bring a good crowd even on a Tuesday night.

Jeeps 45
Greyhounds 49
Just about all the shl teams have to travel that far

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

Should be a great one at the convo 7pm tonight.

This game will come down to POT (points off turnovers) imo. The team who capitalizes on POT will be flying high to the fairgrounds to take on probably HP. I'm cheering for southeastern ohio in this one. GOOD LUCK!!!

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Rebounding, and turnovers!!! Win these categories and win the game!

I agree with those saying the role players will be the difference! The "main players" usually always get their points, but it's the players that do the little things that should effect the outcome of this game, imo!!

Prediction:

End of regulation:
South Webster 61
Manchester 61

End of OT:
South Webster 70
Mancheester 67

Really looking forward to this game! Good luck to both teams tonight!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I am a SHL fan and from Adams County so i am rooting for Manchester to win but i am not sure they can pull it off. Combs has to stay hot and Blevins must get physical but most important the point guard has to take better care of the ball. So good luck Manchester.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

The only thing I care about is that the guys play their absolute best! If they do and still lose I can live with that.
I'm proud of what these guys accomplished this year. I had a personnal goal of wanting to see them make the Regionals.
I truly believed they could do it and they did! So I am vey happy with the season they put together!

Great job guys! Work hard and just maybe you can take it one step further!!!!

tartanterror_0eight
Waterboy

Post by tartanterror_0eight »

From watching my tartans play both of these teams i can tell you first off that it's going to be a high scoring affair with tons of possesions and steals... i see this game being won somewhere in the 80's if the two games that i watched of these teams is any evidence... we played manchester tougher than SW so ill give south webster the slight edge in this one..

SW Jeeps 89
Manchestor Grayhounds 85

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

tartanterror_0eight wrote:From watching my tartans play both of these teams i can tell you first off that it's going to be a high scoring affair with tons of possesions and steals... i see this game being won somewhere in the 80's if the two games that i watched of these teams is any evidence... we played manchester tougher than SW so ill give south webster the slight edge in this one..

SW Jeeps 89
Manchestor Grayhounds 85
That would be a very exciting game to watch, but I don't see the score being close to that high.
Jeeps 62
Hounds 54

Pressbreaker
Waterboy

Post by Pressbreaker »

Great post Jeep80. I completely agree. Everything after a district championship is icing on the cake for just about any team. At the regional level there really are no true upsets, so the Jeeps shouldn't feel a lot of pressure tonight. There is no reason to come out tight tonight because this team, like last year's team, has accomplished so much and really has nothing to prove at this point. I think we can and will win, but I also hope the guys just go out and enjoy the big stage.

Tartan Sauce
Waterboy

Post by Tartan Sauce »

I agree the Jeeps will just be happy to be playing and Manchester will come out to win. If Combs scores 36 to 39 points I say Manchester will win by 6. If he only scores below 30 pionts then the jeeps will take this one.

30+
man 56
jeep 50

man 47
jeep 58

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I don't think the guys are just happy to be playing at all. They have much greater goals in mind i'm sure.
I was just commenting about my expectations after what i saw last season and the players they had coming back.

I hope they are looking for a trip to Columbus and won't be happy otherwise. My expectations weren't so lofty.
But I believe they can make it!

fan of GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by fan of GlenwoodGURU »

Yes I'm with you my expectations weren't so lofty either. I thought SW would have lost to eastern. Combs is by far the best player on Manchesters team. He has to be on top of his game tonight to win. Will there be updates on here of the game?? My radio don't work in my car;(

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I'll try to post in between quarters as I will be makin some noise in the Jeep Nation!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ohioguy23 wrote:
hook em horns wrote:It is a great matchup on paper and will be exciting to watch for those who make the journey east on highway 32. By the way, does any school in the Southeast District have to travel more miles to the Convo than Manchester? Google maps says its 111 miles one way but I'm sure they'll bring a good crowd even on a Tuesday night.

Jeeps 45
Greyhounds 49
Just about all the shl teams have to travel that far

Why are those teams over that way, Manchester, Eastern Brown, Peebles playing in the Southeast District anyways? Shouldn't they be playing in the Southwest and playing around Cincinnati.

GlenwoodGURU
Waterboy

Post by GlenwoodGURU »

Its alll about who is going to get greedy tonight and take advanctage of a down DIV SE, E, and C District. I agree with you Jeep80 and pressbreaker, SW has had success here before so I expect them to take it for granted. The Hounds will be chomping at the bit for a chance to play at the barn then the schott!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Is the game being webcast ?

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

The radio broadcast is not streamed live on http://www.c103.fm, the Greyhounds radio affiliate. I'm not sure who, if anybody broadcast South Webster's games.

Reportedly, Manchester starting seniors McKenzie Smith and Blake Blevins are sick so we'll see what impact if any they have on tonight's game. I've heard this second hand so I'm not sure of the degree of sickness.
Last edited by hook em horns on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Ohioguy23 wrote:
hook em horns wrote:Why are those teams over that way, Manchester, Eastern Brown, Peebles playing in the Southeast District anyways? Shouldn't they be playing in the Southwest and playing around Cincinnati.
Eastern Brown actually competed in the Southwest District up until about 10 years ago. If I remember correctly, they filed a petition to the OHSAA to move to the Southeast (it's to their competitive advantage) based on the fact they are more like schools in the Southeast (rural area.) Eastern Brown is the only school in Brown County that plays in the Southeast. I would not be opposed to the Adams and Highland County schools (and Eastern Brown again) joining the Southwest District. The drive distance for Manchester for example, would not be much different to Dayton (UD Arena for the District tournament) as its 100 miles from Manchester compared to 111 miles to the Convo in Athens. They would play their Sectional at Oak Hills HS on the west side of Cincinnati, which is 30 miles longer one way than Lucasville's Valley HS is, however. Competitively, it's not to these schools advantage so I doubt it will ever happen.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

hook em horns wrote:Reportedly, Manchester starting seniors McKenzie Smith and Blake Blevins are sick so we'll what impact if any they have on tonight's game. I've heard this second hand so I'm not sure of the degree of sickness.
I hope they are O.K.

Return to “Boys Basketball”