Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by Just My Opinion »

Tobias wrote:
The D wrote:
Moses Guthrie wrote:It appears the Trojans are the underdogs once again, with all of the recent success Burg has had in the tourney..

I believe this group thrives in this role...

Trojans will find a way to pull this one out....
..................................bahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Underdogs??? I thought portsmouth already had the state champs banner made!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's Chesapeake...

:mrgreen:

Tobias, what is your beef with the Peake? It seems like you are always trying to drag the peake into your dog fights. I believe if you was to poll the posters on seops that they would all agree that you won't find a more arrogant or cocky team than Portsmouth.The Peake is far from arrogant or cocky. I was watching the team during warm-ups and they was all struttin around like they had already won the state title. GGGEEEEEEZZZ, get off the Peake's back.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Underdogs??? I thought portsmouth already had the state champs banner made!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

That's Chesapeake...

:mrgreen:[/quote]

not from those ive talked to.....saying that phs would be taking Burg by double digits, and peake by more!! and after that point the final four would be a cake walk....and I quote, "the boys should go ahead and get their rings sized"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Hey "D", I'm glad to see that the Trojans are looking so far ahead. The Trojans will not beat the pirates by double digits and they definitley won't beat the Peake by worse.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Just My Opinion wrote:Hey "D", I'm glad to see that the Trojans are looking so far ahead. The Trojans will not beat the pirates by double digits and they definitley won't beat the Peake by worse.
I know...thats what I'm saying...that's just some of the arrogance and ignorance you find in some people... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Almost 24 hours till tip off can't wait

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Ok, first of all anyone that doubts the Trojans team chemistry is flat of crazy. The boys have great chemistry, and understand each other’s game fantastically; it is obvious to anyone that has watched them run a fast break, with no look passes, or the great defensive pressure that we bring working as a unit. Trojan Dave, is right you don’t get to 19-4 with the schedule we play without great team chemistry.

Arrogance? Arrogance? Really? People want to talk about strutting around during warm ups, first I didn’t see that from them. Secondly you people need to understand the difference between arrogance, and confidence. The Trojans do believe they are the best team every time they step on the court, we do believe we can win a state title. If we had a team that didn’t feel that way I would start to worry. 19-4 district champs, 2nd place SEOAL that has given us our swagger back, and what you view as cockiness is merely that swagger.
GO TROJANS
WE ARE ONE

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I looked at EVERY post on this thread,,,not on one of them....not ONE,,did I see a "Trojan" fane say they were going to win by double digits, and only ONE other poster said anything about us beating Peake,and hat poster NOT from Portsmouth.

The True..Trojan,and Pierate fans has been here befor,and we all know what to expect going into this game,we all know very well that is HIS game,it can go either way, most of what I am reading is garbage,that SOME posters think will get their team fired up one way or the other., all of the respectifull posters for both teams can read through the garbage and know the differerence.

both teams have a safe trip,,a injury free game...and best of luck in the next game who ever it may be...

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

The D wrote:
Just My Opinion wrote:Hey "D", I'm glad to see that the Trojans are looking so far ahead. The Trojans will not beat the pirates by double digits and they definitley won't beat the Peake by worse.
I know...thats what I'm saying...that's just some of the arrogance and ignorance you find in some people... :roll: :roll: :roll:

HaHa... You can't geek us...!!

As ws noted in an earlier post, it was a Notre Dame fan, not a Trojan fan, who made the statement Trojans win by double digits..

For those not familiar.. "Geek" meaning manipulate emotions..

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

trojandave wrote:Team chemistry? 19-4......District champions........enough said........they don't have that record on talent alone........and with the schedule they played, chemistry has been a HUGE part of the Trojans' success. Wheelersburg has excellent team chemistry as shown by their tournament performance, but it is no better than the Trojans'.......if the Burg wins the game, it will be because they probably just played better, but not because of better chemistry.

Portsmouth and Wheelersburg have compiled some impressive tourney stats through the years........combined the two schools have 52 district titles......PHS 35, WHS 17........they rank 1-2 in the SE district all-time in that category.........also PHS and WHS have combined for 19 state tournament appearances........PHS 13, WHS 6. Portsmouth's last regional appearance was in 2001, losing to Columbus Briggs 70-69 in the regional final, while Wheelersburg lost to Columbus Bishop Ready 48-46 in 2008 in the semifinals.

The overall series between the two schools stands at 16-15 in favor of Wheelersburg........the Trojans have won the last 3 games after going 2-10 vs. the Pirates the past decade.
It's Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg nuff said ;-)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

..................................bahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Underdogs??? I thought portsmouth already had the state champs banner made!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

That's Chesapeake...

:mrgreen:[/quote]

Tobias, what is your beef with the Peake? It seems like you are always trying to drag the peake into your dog fights. I believe if you was to poll the posters on seops that they would all agree that you won't find a more arrogant or cocky team than Portsmouth.The Peake is far from arrogant or cocky. I was watching the team during warm-ups and they was all struttin around like they had already won the state title. GGGEEEEEEZZZ, get off the Peake's back.[/quote]

I very much enjoyed Portsmouths little dance in their pre game huddle when We played them, Wayne Evans has some great moves. :122245

Good Luck to both Teams..........

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

biggdowgg wrote:I looked at EVERY post on this thread,,,not on one of them....not ONE,,did I see a "Trojan" fane say they were going to win by double digits, and only ONE other poster said anything about us beating Peake,and hat poster NOT from Portsmouth.

The True..Trojan,and Pierate fans has been here befor,and we all know what to expect going into this game,we all know very well that is HIS game,it can go either way, most of what I am reading is garbage,that SOME posters think will get their team fired up one way or the other., all of the respectifull posters for both teams can read through the garbage and know the differerence.

both teams have a safe trip,,a injury free game...and best of luck in the next game who ever it may be...
not saying any of that was written on here, but from talking to some portsmouth fans, from portsmouth, they think this tournament's already locked up....that is arrogance...confidence is showed on the court...

bobbiejo555
Waterboy

Post by bobbiejo555 »

TROJANS !!!!!!!!! NO TEAM MORE DESERVING ,TALENTED .DEDICATED!!!!!! WE ARE ONE !!!!!! AND ALL U BURG FANS REMEMBER THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER !!!!!! SO DITCH YOUR ORANGE AND BLACK AND WEAR RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Did anyone notice the PTD article today? Portsmouth playing their "country" rival? Not county, country. Surely that was a misprint. I hope those "country" boys win this one.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The D wrote:not saying any of that was written on here, but from talking to some portsmouth fans, from portsmouth, they think this tournament's already locked up....that is arrogance...confidence is showed on the court...
If you don't think Burg too has a few arrogant fans, you must only be talking to the Portsmouth ones. Do me a favor some time and ask around the county and see who they believe the most arrogant school around is. It's always been a popular sentiment that the Pirates and their fans look down there nose at the rest of the schools.

I always considered Burg more confident then arrogant, so it never really bothered me. Just saying that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :mrgreen: PHS has that confidence this year, and it is taken as arrogance, so be it.

Confidence is shown on the court. You mean like rattling off a 19-4 record a district title, and an SEOAL 2nd place finish, with victories over Warren, Chillicothe, and Ironton.

Lastly, you tell us that it wasn't anyone on here that made the in your opinion arrogant comments, but you still tell us that confidence is shown on the court. So how does some random fan mean are boys are arrogant instead of confident? After all you just said confidence is shown on the court, they are the only ones on the court not the fans. If them expecting to win is arrogance then they are arrogant, and I’m proud to say I and the rest of the Trojan nation are too.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Good luck Burg

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Tobias wrote:
...that would be the Peake Panthers up river from us.

...they are the one's who believe they already have a place in Columbus set for them...

and most people from 19 surrounding counties believe that too.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Today's the day!! Good luck Trojans!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PIRATES ALL THE WAY!!!

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

wheelersburg 62 portsmouth58 sorry trojan fans but burge plays as a team.....Basketball is a team sport.
bobbiejo555 wrote:TROJANS !!!!!!!!! NO TEAM MORE DESERVING ,TALENTED .DEDICATED!!!!!! WE ARE ONE !!!!!! AND ALL U BURG FANS REMEMBER THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER !!!!!! SO DITCH YOUR ORANGE AND BLACK AND WEAR RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Peake won't talk about it but we will prove it to you......stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!
KVDW wrote:
Tobias wrote:
...that would be the Peake Panthers up river from us.

...they are the one's who believe they already have a place in Columbus set for them...

and most people from 19 surrounding counties believe that too.

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

Today is the big day i cant wait to make my trip down us33 to the convo to watch an "Orange Crush" Let's Go!!! TROJANS!!!! WeAreOne

(greenwave2332) wheelersburg 62 portsmouth58 sorry trojan fans but burge plays as a team.....Basketball is a team sport. you have not seen us play you better hope you dont get the chance!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”