Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

Mine'z_BiGGer
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by Mine'z_BiGGer »

Gotta root for the SOC in this one! Go Burg!

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

YES! Today is finally the day we have all been waiting for! Time for the pirates to show the trojans how playing as a team and doing things the right way wins championships! This is familiar territory pirates so we know what to do! The crowd will be chanting "Barrick Barrick Barrick" after this one! So jacked up right now! Go pirates!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Portsmouth doesn't have enough fire power to compete with the Pirates. Prediction- Burg by 10

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bunt pirate wrote:YES! Today is finally the day we have all been waiting for! Time for the pirates to show the trojans how playing as a team and doing things the right way wins championships! This is familiar territory pirates so we know what to do! The crowd will be chanting "Barrick Barrick Barrick" after this one! So jacked up right now! Go pirates!

I think they'll be chanting "Stegman, Stegman, Stegman" after he hits a baseline "J" at the buzzer to win the game.

tartanterror_0eight
Waterboy

Post by tartanterror_0eight »

bigbadwolf wrote:Portsmouth doesn't have enough fire power to compete with the Pirates. Prediction- Burg by 10

YEA RIGHT! Who is this guy? Fire power has never been a problem for the trojans... they have five guys that can go off for them at anytime and a few of them do it nightly! It is the pirates that lack the overall "fire power"... they are a great team but if they win, it will be on the defensive end... with that said i think whoever plays solid help defense tonight to contain the big men will win this game... this game will be won and lost in the paint... good luck teams

Mine'z_BiGGer
Waterboy

Post by Mine'z_BiGGer »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
bunt pirate wrote:YES! Today is finally the day we have all been waiting for! Time for the pirates to show the trojans how playing as a team and doing things the right way wins championships! This is familiar territory pirates so we know what to do! The crowd will be chanting "Barrick Barrick Barrick" after this one! So jacked up right now! Go pirates!

I think they'll be chanting "Stegman, Stegman, Stegman" after he hits a baseline "J" at the buzzer to win the game.
Wow! I'd appreciate it you'd leave "urban undertones" out of this thread! "Hits a baseline J?????

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

urban untertones ?? because someone hit a baseline J ? Dang I must be urban cool as all get out --I hit several baseline J's last night and I'm so old the young guys laugh at me .

anyway Portsmouth has far more weapons than burg. Portsmouth just needs not to be overhyped and make crazy TO's and they should win the game. Stegman and Mckinley kinda neutralize each other talent wise. after that PHS has a decided advantage. having said that I bet it stays close. Just getting burg there and keeping this game close is another feather in Barrick's cap. MD

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Glad the fans aren't playing this game. This will come down to 4th qtr and fouls shots. Look for a low scoring game. Hope Burg wins but will root for p-town if they don't.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Agreed wobycat! And to ManateeDan: Don't lie about hittin baseline j's, and also, the young guys laugh at you bc you're lame, not bc you're old. (bc means because, to the older/lay person)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I agree about the low scoring game. Burg would prefer to keep this game around 50 points or less. If this happens, Burg has a good chance to win. If the game gets into the 60's, it probably favors Portsmouth.

Has there ever been a Coach with 2 of his former players on the opposing team in the regionals? I am sure this will be somewhat of an advantage for Portsmouth, knowing what plays and what defenses are being called. Of course, the team being able to use this information and execute is all that matters.

GO PIRATES!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

jazzhands88 wrote:Agreed wobycat! And to ManateeDan: Don't lie about hittin baseline j's, and also, the young guys laugh at you bc you're lame, not bc you're old. (bc means because, to the older/lay person)
I did lie --I hit a bunch of 3's last nite not baseline J's ( I dont jump much anyone either so calling it a J is a stretch) I hope I don't interfere with your stellar level of play at the life center . LOL hey kid when you are 44 I'll check in and see how your game is holdin' up :lol: MD

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Crow shall be tasteful for someone thsi evening. Lots of talk, now bring the walk. GO TROJANS!

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

The trojans emotions will lose this game for them :122249 Pirates win by 6

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

According to some Burg fans ( not all)
PHS doesn’t play as a team
PHS can’t control their emotions
PHS is arrogant
Well guess we will just have to wait and see how our arrogant, emotional, ball hogging boys do against the almighty Wheelersburg Pirates. If we weren’t so arrogant I guess we would have realized that we shouldn’t even make the trip up, because with our emotions and lack of team play we have no chance. Hahahaha
Hey Burg fans get down from your cross, and then you can use the wood to build a bridge so you can get over yourselves.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mine'z_BiGGer wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

Wow! I'd appreciate it you'd leave "urban undertones" out of this thread! "Hits a baseline J?????

Wow!!!! Didn't think that was to over the top for anyone, especially a person on here. How about this

Andrew Stegman, a player for the Pirate men of Wheelersburg scores a 2 point basket as time has ended to win the contest against the Trojan men of Portsmouth. (You must say this in your best British accent)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:According to some Burg fans ( not all)
PHS is arrogant
Well guess we will just have to wait and see how our arrogant, emotional, ball hogging boys do against the almighty Wheelersburg Pirates. If we weren’t so arrogant I guess we would have realized that we shouldn’t even make the trip up, because with our emotions and lack of team play we have no chance. Hahahaha
Hey Burg fans get down from your cross, and then you can use the wood to build a bridge so you can get over yourselves.

You guys need to wake up and read who those post are actually coming from. I don't recognize any of the names as Burg people so it is more than likely people trying to stir the pot.

The last sentence in your post was uncalled for and sad. That was a just a little over the top.

JackWaffle
Waterboy

Post by JackWaffle »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
PHS is arrogant

You guys need to wake up and read who those post are actually coming from. I don't recognize any of the names as Burg people so it is more than likely people trying to stir the pot.

The last sentence in your post was uncalled for and sad. That was a just a little over the top.

I'll stir your pot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE, BUT I PREDICT SOMEBODY FROM SCIOTO COUNTY WILL WIN THIS ONE.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Portsmouth by 10. Speed kills. Ask chilly

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
PHS is arrogant

I agree. That last part was a lil pathetic

Return to “Boys Basketball”