Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by TrojanBuff »

burggrad1986 wrote:I like you attitude Trojan Pride. seems as though Peebles and Ironton had the same attitude coming into the game. GO BURG! 1 and ADVANCE
1 and ADVANCE....Go Trojans!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

NewEra wrote:Burg wins. More discipline... I saw several missed box outs, and critical errors vs. fairland, that isn't going to bold well against a Tom Barrick coached team. Burg by 9
More discipline? Who had more discipline again?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

congrats to the Burg on a great run.

Trojans, can't wait to see you shortly.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

your on a roll :-D

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

The D wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:barrick's coaching job this year is one for the ages but you can't win the derby without the thouroughbreds . Trojans by double digits.
thoroughbreds won't run if they aren't taught to.......

close whole game...
You were 50% correct.....thoroughbreds ran tonight

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

The D wrote:
68-14........................................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

if cookies and milk can make that happen, ill bake them before every game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
45-39........................................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Congrats to the Trojans on a trip to the Elite 8 Saturday night. The D comes through tonight. Congrats to the Pirates on a great season (League Championship and District Champs is awesome).

Also, Congrats to Andy Stegman on a fine career. He has left his mark in the history books and hearts of Pirate fans and Southeast Ohio Basketball. He has been a pleasure to follow for the past four years.

GO SEOAL!!!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

4th n Goal wrote:
TrojanPride wrote:Portsmouth just too much for burg thru 4 quarters ikno they have been on a nice role but it ends Wed. night and they will run into the big red WALL aka The Trojans. good luk both teams but my Trojans are playin some sound D. and they are RED HOTT
Portsmouth does play good D, but they do not play the high pressure D like the Burg has taken care of the past 2 games. Ironton and Peebles were extremely tough up and down the court and Burg handled that just fine. Burg will not give up 20+ turnovers like Fairland gave the Trojans last night. This should be another great game at the Convo!!

GO PIRATES!!
Portsmouth held Burg to 39 points....they don't play high pressure D?

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Congrats Portsmouth!! Peake by 20. :122246

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

bunt pirate wrote:Yea i think the pirates are underdogs in this one and that is fine with me... they have bendolph this year and we dont... thats fine. but we have better team chemistry and better big game experience... we'll ride that 'dog all the way to columbus like in years past. go pirates
We saw tonight who had better team chemistry and the best coach. Trojans looked sharp!

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Congrats to the Burg on a great season and great run tonight to almost pull it out. Very proud once again to be a Pirate for sure.

Portsmouth, congrats on the win and good luck vs The Peake. Coach Collins and Arnzen are great guys that Im proud to call friends. I wish them the best.

PHS fans, you might want to settle down a little bit. Not nice to taunt after a hard fought win, enjoy your victory, but do it with class. Not all of you, but I've seen some stuff already.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I'd say TrojanBuff is probably a student and from the looks of their posts probably a very young one.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

greenwave2332 wrote:wheelersburg 62 portsmouth58 sorry trojan fans but burge plays as a team.....Basketball is a team sport.
bobbiejo555 wrote:TROJANS !!!!!!!!! NO TEAM MORE DESERVING ,TALENTED .DEDICATED!!!!!! WE ARE ONE !!!!!! AND ALL U BURG FANS REMEMBER THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER !!!!!! SO DITCH YOUR ORANGE AND BLACK AND WEAR RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yeah, Portsmouth know's it is a team sport.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

hoot wrote:Show some class. Like your coach.
Hey, I am just taking what all these Burg posters kept saying all week. Don't blame me.

If they didn't talk trash all week I would not have anything to repost. Just the Facts.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I'd say TrojanBuff is probably a student and from the looks of their posts probably a very young one.
Just stating the Facts, 77. People posted smack talk all week. Just wanted to remind everyone what was posted all week. 45-39
Last edited by TrojanBuff on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

down to the final 8. Will see how PHS responds to being the underdog. Will be the 1st time they don't have a noticeable talent advantage. peake will be wiling to play more of a PHS tempo. That will help . Good luck trojans.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
TrojanBuff wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg let this one slip away. Two missed FT by Schankweiler and the TO by Miller and Portsmouth scores 6 quick points to put it away. Good luck to the Trojans against Peake.
TWO WORDS: OUT COACHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT BABY! PORTSMOUTH ALL THE WAY. GOOD LUCK TO BURG.......................NEXT YEAR.............!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are joking with that assinine comment, right???

The Burg had Portsmouth on the ropes because of Barrick's game plan to slow the game down and the Trojans played right into his hands. If not for the missed FT's by Schank and the TO by Miller in the last seconds of the game the Burg could have easily won.

That has to be the stupidest comment I have seen on this thread.

Good luck to your Trojans on Saturday. They play as poorly as they did against the Burg and they will get blown out by Chesapeake.
If's and but's. Just accept the Facts, Geno out coached Barrick when it mattered.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

TrojanBuff wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I'd say TrojanBuff is probably a student and from the looks of their posts probably a very young one.
Just stating the Facts, 77. You and your friends posted smack talk all week. Just wanted to remind everyone what you guys posted all week. 45-39
Find me one post where I posted any smack.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
TrojanBuff wrote:
Just stating the Facts, 77. You and your friends posted smack talk all week. Just wanted to remind everyone what you guys posted all week. 45-39
Find me one post where I posted any smack.
You're right, I apologize; but plenty of posters did

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Congratulations to Portsmouth. I am tempted to sit with the Portsmouth faithful on Saturday just to share in that great team spirit. What a fine cheering section for the Trojans.

And what can you say about Wheelersburg that would be fitting? The Burg just about pulled the upset. One of the finest tournament runs for that overachieving team of Pirates. Wheelersburg will always be dangerous at tournament time. Stegman and crew did the Burg proud this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”