Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

14U
S

Re: Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

Post by 14U »

sportsfan43 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I'm pretty sure 14U graduated from Portsmouth, so yes he does support the Trojans.

yeah but he now lives in da burg,and has even been seen wearing Burg apparel,so he is one of the "transfers" you all got .

Just because he graduated from Portsmouth does no mean he supports the Trojans,have you seen him posting on the Portsmouth threads?

Graduated from Portsmouth live in Burg. Don;t have anything Burg to wear or Portsmouth. Just wear the same stuff I have for years.Now all 4 kids have Burg Clothes, lol. Yes I have posted in the ptown and burg thread, not much lately. Sat on the Portsmouth side against the Burg because I like the "FRONT ROW". Who do I cheer or support for both until they play each other then I just sit there and watch a good game. Ok, now as for me saying Peake all-stars, what does that have to do with either of these teams? I've watched Peake alot this year and they are an all star team in what I've seen of them. So Portsmouth prove me wrong and beat them. I would like to go watch this next game but will be watching my oldest son play baseball out of town. Good Luck Trojans.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

sportsfan43 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I'm pretty sure 14U graduated from Portsmouth, so yes he does support the Trojans.

yeah but he now lives in da burg,and has even been seen wearing Burg apparel,so he is one of the "transfers" you all got .

Just because he graduated from Portsmouth does no mean he supports the Trojans,have you seen him posting on the Portsmouth threads?

Why would you not support your Alma Mater??

My father graduated from Portsmouth in 1953 or 54 and I still take him to see Trojan games once the Burg is out of the tourney and we just might make the drive to Athens this Saturday. Believe me, my father bleeds orange and black, but he still supports and roots for the Trojans as long as they aren't playing the Burg. Just like I'm sure you will for the Jeeps for the rest of your life no matter where you live.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

77 - I hope you make the trip to Athens tomorrow. Lets pack the Convo!

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Coongrats Pirates on a great season and good luck to you seniors on whatever you guys do in your lives...Now to PHS great game and good luck on Saturday hopefully it will be a good game on Saturday because im going to it and i will be wearing red and blue

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

biggdowgg wrote:you keep talking about desciplineand CLASS, please dont take away from our KIDS on the floor,because of a few posters on here getting under your skin this was a hard fought game by both teams, so lets try to act like adults and stop all the bullcrap about putting high school kids down.

,,enough of the "talk"..we are talking about kids

Time out Mr. Referee.

You let this game get out of hand a long time ago. Four days and six pages ago a hard foul was committed by a Trojan fan that belittled an entire community INCLUDING THE KIDS and no foul was called.

Replaying the foul:
TrojanPride wrote:
"...... how bad are (sic) boys want to knock off burg and there FAN's who think there (sic) S%#@ dont stink well it dose (sic)!!!!"

Again, that is a foul against an entire community INCLUDING THE KIDS... but no whistle...no call.

Now comes a Wheelersburg fan... Mr. "The D"... (SIX pages later) and chimes in on a topic that has been going on for four pages (class and discipline) thus a mere class action foul, and BAM he gets hit with a big "T" with the admonishment that these are kids so don't downgrade them.

C'mon Mr. Ref, let's call them both ways.

This is the perfect example of the "let'em play" mentality. You let it go and let it get rough early on and then when it starts to get out of hand you arbitrarily jump in and start on the rules and telling the players how to play and don't be fouling anymore.
Too late Mr. Ref. When the keg is busted, the wine is going to spill and all the king's horses and all the king's men....
So, it's OK for a Trojan fan to besmirtch an entire community INCLUDING THE KIDS but when the 'Burg community responds you start handing out the "T's".
You shoulda called a clean game starting in the first quarter IMO.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

14U wrote:I would like to go watch this next game but will be watching my oldest son play baseball out of town.
It appears we may be attending the same baseball game 14U.. You heading to Cave Run by chance.? If so will see you there...

Going to be tough making it to Athens after 1:00 DH in Morehead, but going to try...!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Goodness.

Barrick is on the very upper echelon of basketball coaches in the SE district. Coach Collins does a great job with the Portsmouth kids.

Most thought Portsmouth would be here and not many thought Burg would get that far. Both teams had a GREAT tournament run.......Portsmouth is still running. Portsmouth beating Peake would be similar to Burg beating Peebles.

Best of Luck to Portsmouth.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Last edited by TrojanBuff on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »