S

Local sportscaster killed!

Post by earp »

Story below,This man was a very good friend of mine and he will be missed! :(

Former radio sports announcer dies in crash
March 15, 2011 @ 07:52 AM

CURTIS JOHNSON

Herald-Dispatch.com

WHEELERSBURG, Ohio — A former sports announcer at WVHU-AM died in an early morning vehicle crash Tuesday in Scioto County, Ohio.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol identified the deceased as David M. McWhorter, 42, of Wheelersburg, Ohio. Troopers believe McWhorter failed to negotiate a left curve, drove off the right side and struck a tree. He was not wearing a seat belt.

The accident happened at 2:18 a.m. on Sheila Boulevard just north of Hammerstein Road. Troopers describe it as a single-vehicle crash involving a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt.

McWhorter formerly worked at WVHU-AM in Huntington. He participated in calling various high school sporting events and worked as board operator for the station’s morning show. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Porter Township Fire Department responded to the scene.

The accident remains under investigation.

WIROJason
Waterboy

Re: Local sportscaster killed!

Post by WIROJason »

I knew Dave and worked with him a number of years. He was the voice of the Chesapeake Panthers and the Russell Red Devils in his stint at CC Radio. He was always a great "stat man" and very smart. Prayers of peace and comfort for his family.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Phil. 4:7

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Prayers from the Peake.

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

I had not heard this news. Prayers to his loved ones from Chillicothe.

Return to “Boys Basketball”