Head Coach: Mark Mitchell
School Rec.: 182-35 (10 yrs.)
PPG: 75.7; OPP: 57.9
F 34 Adolphus Washington, 6-6, Jr., 19.1 ppg
F 23 Dwayne Stanford, 6-5, Jr., 12.2 ppg
G 14 Orlando Berry, 5-8, Jr., 13.1 pgg
G 3 Kadeem Palmer, 5-8, Sr.
G 4 Jermaine Freeman, 6-0, Jr.
Last edited by Steve on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Re: Final 4 Portsmouth vs Cleveland Central Catholic -3/25 @

Post by greenwave2332 »

Good Luck Trojans from the Peake!!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

GO TROJANS!!!

Portsmouth can win this game........Cleveland Central Catholic will be a tough opponent, but you expect that when it's the state tournament.

The Trojans have played a very competitive schedule themselves, and have beaten teams with good size, good guards, good depth, and good coaching.

PHS played perhaps its best all around game of the year vs. A VERY GOOD Chespeake team, so just maybe that momentum will carry over to the semifinal vs. CCC.

I'm quite sure that CCC didn't get here just because of Grady, and that they have a complete team.........but the Trojans are strong at all 5 positions themselves, and can get some good minutes off the bench as well.

Portsmouth basketball has come a long way since finishing dead last (10th) in their very first year of the SEOAL 5 years ago.........this team is very special, MAYBE THE MOST SPECIAL to me because of how we struggled with 7 straight losing seasons until last year.........back when the Trojans were a real powerhouse in the 70's, 80's and early 90's, we just reloaded every year.

It is has been a blessing to see our Trojans make that trip again to Columbus........going to the state is a very hard feat, as evidenced by our tournament games this year........we could have very well lost vs. South Point, Wheelersburg, or Chesapeake..........but our kids MET EVERY CHALLENGE AND DESERVE TO BE WHERE THEY ARE!!

GO TROJANS!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snake
Waterboy

Post by Snake »

W.E. A.R.E. O.N.E WE ARE ONE!!!

GO TROJANS!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Tickets are on sale at Portsmouth High school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE TROJANS FROM ALL OF SOUTHERN OHIO.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

17boards wrote:Mad dog you are a Pirate fan, so be it! We don't need you to root for Trojans!!!
i have nothin against portsmouth. i just had a run in with some fans after the burg - ports game. i tried to congraulate them and wish them luck and they replied with some words that i didn't like. that is why i am pullin for CCC. i have friends from p-town who post on here so i have nothin against the team or the fans but when you say some things to a opposing fan who tries to say congrats then you don't want to pull for them
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:I have nothin against portsmouth or all my post friends it's just that i had a run in with some fans after the burg - ports game. They were actin cocky toward me and a couple friends. That is why i said go CCC.

Did you run home and tell mommy about it?

Good grief. Grow up. I cant believe someone from our area would get on here and root for against a local team in the state tournament. What a crybaby.

Good luck Portsmouth.
no i did not run home and tell mommy. i'm sorry i feel this way but i do

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:I have nothin against portsmouth or all my post friends it's just that i had a run in with some fans after the burg - ports game. They were actin cocky toward me and a couple friends. That is why i said go CCC.
Started with me when we up at the sectional games up at Jackson High School. Mad Dogg turns to me and asks who I think will win the region and I simply say Portsmouth will win it and he tells me they have no chance. Then a a day before the game against Peake he sends me a message out of the clear blue and tells me Peake will beat Portsmouth by 20+. I send a message back to him asking if he wants to give me 20 points and Portsmouth for a few dollars. I tell him whoever wins this game will win it by 5-8, ended up being a few off, but I knew it would be a dogfight. Well after the game last night he sends me a message saying Portsmouth got lucky again. How the heck did the get lucky? The flat out played the Peake. Then he come back with I hope they lose, I can't stand Portsmouth.

Me personally will root for any team in SEO when it comes to tournament play and that's the way all the posters on here should be. I might root for the other team against Burg if they are playing another SEO team, that's the West Sider in me, but when it comes to playing someone out of the district I will pull for the Burg. What class Mad Dogg.

I"ll be up at the Schott rooting them on and GOOD LUCK TROJANS!!!!!! Bring that STATE TITLE back down South!!!!!!!!!!!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to the Trojans...Scioto County is pulling for you. Glad for the school, community, and for the loyal PHS posters on here (dave, dowwg, tobias, 14U, philly, etc.) who have been on here supporting the Trojans even in lean times.

madd dogg: I get what you're saying, but why hold it against an entire school and their fanbase just because of a few jackhole fans? It's like the people that root against Webster because of one of our outspoken posters on here. Makes no sense.*

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

FROM THIS BURG FAN.

GOOD LUCK "TROJANS" WIN THIS GAME AND THEN THE STATE FINAL AND MAKE SCIOTO COUNTY PROUD.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Good Luck Trojans!!!!!

Want to see some more break dancing, only this time in the middle of the Schott!!!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Let's Go Trojans!
Last edited by TrojanBuff on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Once an Oak
Waterboy

Post by Once an Oak »

Well done Trojans...
WAKE UP THE ECHOES

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Go get em Trojans. Im so happy for Geno, he went threw a lot when he took the job, Im so happy for the kids, they have worked thier butts off and have righted the ship. Im so happy for the community, in hard times its great to see and hear the support you have provided for this team. But most of all Im happy for my friend Dave! Dave you have stood behind this program for so many years, I know the pain you had during the lean years, and Im so happy you get to see this at least one more time! When I was just a baby trojandave was there, Live in the moment LETS GO TROJANS!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, Let'sGoPSU........when we were in the basement of the SEOAL not too long ago, it seemed like we were a million miles away from ever going to the state again........but at that time we had an undefeated 7th grade and an 8th grade team that lost only 2 games.......I had hope that if we could keep these kids together that we might have something special........and fortunately we have been able to see this group of Trojans bond together as a state tournament team.........and we also have Coach Collins and his outstanding staff to mold these good players into a team.

We see a lot of times that outstanding junior high basketball doesn't necessarily translate into outstanding high school basketball........kids move out of the district for various reasons, or some kids just drop out of the program and pursue other sports.........we have been blessed to see the majority of these kids stay with the basketball program.........it has been fun to watch this group grow into a Final 4 team.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Best of Luck to the Trojans! Bring home the state title, and make Southern Ohio proud!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Is this game going to be online. Does ONN have coverage of tournament games?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I hear the boys are being well taken care of at the local eating places,I know they have been at the Ribber already a couple times in the tourney,and will go back,,then to Dakotas, and B dubs this week sometimes.....GREAT TO HEAR....Im sure the team is taking it all in.....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Excited for all you Trojans in P-town,i bet the community is on one heck of a buzz right now...! Good Luck....cant wait to see the game!

Return to “Boys Basketball”