minford basketball future

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: minford basketball future

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Grinder wrote:What teams will Minford be scrimmaging?
They scrimmage Zane Trace and Peebles this saturday at Zane Trace.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

live4sport wrote:there won't be any freshman starting for Minford this year.
No one said starting.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Jim---I wasn't really trying to come across harsh or anything and i wasn't really directing my comment to anyone in particular. I know a lot of people close to the program and I have had people say they heard Minford is so weak in the upper classes that they will probably start some freshman and sophomores---which isn't the case. I was just throwing out what I was told for anyone who knows me and was interested.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Zane Trace Scrimmage Scores(Peebles, Minford, Zane Trace)

Game 1 Peebles 14 - Minford 11
Game 2 Peebles 9 - Zane Trace 8
Game 3 Minford 17 - Zane Trace 7
Game 4 Peebles 15 - Minford 10
Game 5 Peebles 22 - Zane Trace 12
Game 6 Minford 7 - Zane Trace 10
Game 7 Peebles 13 - Minford 9
Game 8 Peebles 14 - Zane Trace 16
Game 9 ????(left before the end of the last zt/minford qtr)

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Gullion a freshman has a very good chance to start and should start.. Probably the 2nd most talented and fundamentally sound athlete on that team .. Going to be a long year for the Falcons ..

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I think the falcons will be a very solid basketball team.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody have Minford's 2011-12 boys varsity schedule? Thanks.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I wouldn't sweat the scrimmage the other night Minford has some talent there and it's early as well.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Dec. 6 Clay
Dec. 9 at Valley
Dec. 13 Eastern (TH) 5 p.m.
Dec. 16 Waverly (TH) Homecoming 5 p.m.
Dec. 20 South Webster
Dec. 30 Green
Jan. 3 at Jackson (TH) 5 p.m.
Jan. 6 at Northwest
Jan. 7 at Adena (TH) 5 p.m.
Jan. 10 Wheelersburg
Jan. 13 at West (TH) 5 pm.
Jan. 17 at Oak Hill
Jan. 20 Valley
Jan. 24 at Waverly (TH) 5 p.m.
Jan. 27 at South Webster
Jan. 31 Northwest
Feb. 3 at Wheelersburg
Feb. 7 at Rock Hill
Feb. 10 West (TH) Senior Night 5 p.m.
Feb. 17 at Oak Hill

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Future looked bright tonight. Up 23-7 after 1st quarter, finished 42-22 over Green. Defense was impressive IMO.

McCray and Thiel really look good in the post. Howard, McBee, Gullion, and Beasley are looking very good. There are also plenty of other guys that can come in and contribute off the bench.

Falcons might be a suprise team this year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Minford has a beast of an early season stretch beginning Dec.9th at Valley, Dec.13th vs Eastern Pike, Dec 16th vs Waverly, wrapping up with South Webster on the 20th of Dec ...wow ... WE will know a lot about this Minford squad right from the get go ... the committee of one- me - has their eye on this seasons Falcons ... best of luck with that 4 game run thru the gauntlet ...

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Minford should b very competitive as well, but th soc2 is
stacked, the falcons prob finish middle of pack

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

thejoker wrote:Minford should b very competitive as well, but th soc2 is
stacked, the falcons prob finish middle of pack
After watching most of the teams in the SOC2 play this summer I think I would have to agree. They will probably finish above Northwest, West, and Wheelersburg but they are not as good as South Webster or Waverly. I cant really comment on Valley because I have not seen them play since last season but they return more than almost any other team in the conference and should finish somewhere in the top three with the latter two teams I mentioned.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Drove out to Minford to watch the Fairland scrimmage/game. Falcons looked shaky offensively. The McCray boy is a beast in the post and Mcbee can handle the ball but nobody else seemed to get involved. I even seen a little shoving match in the teams huddle during a time out. I hope Shoemaker stomps out that kind of stuff immediately. Some of the JV appeared a little more talented than some of the varsity. From what we saw the Wiseman boy on JV should be on varsity ahead any of the younger ones. Again, that is what we saw from one game...never been to the practices or anything. Could be different on other nights. Minford should finish 3rd or 4th in the league.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

live4sport wrote:Drove out to Minford to watch the Fairland scrimmage/game. Falcons looked shaky offensively. The McCray boy is a beast in the post and Mcbee can handle the ball but nobody else seemed to get involved. I even seen a little shoving match in the teams huddle during a time out. I hope Shoemaker stomps out that kind of stuff immediately. Some of the JV appeared a little more talented than some of the varsity. From what we saw the Wiseman boy on JV should be on varsity ahead any of the younger ones. Again, that is what we saw from one game...never been to the practices or anything. Could be different on other nights. Minford should finish 3rd or 4th in the league.
:roll: Like you said, from what you saw ONE night.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Bounce wrote:No question Kyle Wiseman should be playing Varsity
I agree ^^ .. Falcons have a chance to put one of there best teams on the court in many years and have a winning season if they can put it all together this year and play with passion and confidence....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

live4sport wrote:Drove out to Minford to watch the Fairland scrimmage/game. Falcons looked shaky offensively. The McCray boy is a beast in the post and Mcbee can handle the ball but nobody else seemed to get involved. I even seen a little shoving match in the teams huddle during a time out. I hope Shoemaker stomps out that kind of stuff immediately. Some of the JV appeared a little more talented than some of the varsity. From what we saw the Wiseman boy on JV should be on varsity ahead any of the younger ones. Again, that is what we saw from one game...never been to the practices or anything. Could be different on other nights. Minford should finish 3rd or 4th in the league.
this is not good. Hopefully the falcons put it together. With McBee back and their size, the pieces are there for a very good year IMHO.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

New Era-----I think it was obvious that I said "from what I saw that night" but I'm glad you felt it necessary to repeat it. So, I'll say it again for you. From what I saw that night IT WAS OBVIOUS THE WISEMAN BOY SHOULD BE ON VARSITY AHEAD OF ANYONE YOUNGER THAN HIM. Now, make sure you quote me exactly before you put the stupid little face with the rolling eyes. Oh, and it's not just from what I saw that night for myself but also what I've heard from your own community so get over it--- everyone is entitled to their opinion.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

The answers are always up in the bleachers, I'm waiting for someone to try to set up a head set system, maybe incorporate fans into the locker room at halftime to suggest adjustments. :lol:

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

New Era--I can't tell if your a kid, aunt, uncle, mother or father and I don't care. If it breaks your little heart that people have opinions you don't agree with then don't read it and go somewhere else. If you didn't realize this before I will explain it. . .this is called a forum, a sports forum. It is a place people can go to express their opinions(even from the bleachers) and I have plenty just like everyone else. Now, I see you have a problem with me saying that the Wiseman boy should without a doubt be on the varstiy but what you need to realize is that I don't care how you feel about that. If you have some real opinion, stats, or reasons to debate that with me then go ahead and share with the class but if you just want to come at people for their opinions then you just show your own bias, personal agenda, and maturity. :roll: <---look I can do it too

Return to “Boys Basketball”