2011-12 Portsmouth Trojans varsity basketball schedule!

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Re: 2011-12 Portsmouth Trojans varsity basketball schedule!

Post by ty.stephens »

Whiteoak won't be very good again next year just like this past season.

.......and that my friends, is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

PHSfan14 wrote:Whiteoak won't be very good again next year just like this past season.

.......and that my friends, is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!

no need to get worked up, however unlike mine I'm sure your opinion is bias being that your name is PHSfan14.... That being said, Whiteoak did make it to a district final last season, and Peebles watched from the seats.

Whiteoak played with Peebles twice last year, including @ Peebles.....
Get off your high horse bud. My previous post just stated the truth....I think it's a given to say that Peebles and Manchester aren't coming into this season as the dominant powerhouses they were viewed as last year. I didn't say who would be good next year and who wouldn't, simply said the things that probably need to happen. If you don't think Peebles could potentially have trouble to score then, you don't understand the game to well. If Justice is an offensive contributor, Arey becomes the scorer he has the potential to be, and Daniels develops some post moves they will be a good team in the SHL. Don't forget it wasn't long ago Peebles finished the season 2-19 (2005). Enjoy your good seasons, but be humble pal.

"When you win say little, when you lose, say less."

Paul Brown

......................and that my friends, is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!!!

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

I never said anything about peebles being the cream of the crop. Im aware of the 05-06 season of 2-19 and never stated anything about next years team as well. If I had to make a prediction I would say next year Peebles will finish 13-7. I stated Whiteoak wont be very good. The district finals this past yr wasnt a great thing. Myself, you and a few other forum members could field a team and compete in D4, so using that isn't justifiable.

.......and that my friends, is the ugly truth!!!!!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

PHSfan14 wrote:I never said anything about peebles being the cream of the crop. Im aware of the 05-06 season of 2-19 and never stated anything about next years team as well. If I had to make a prediction I would say next year Peebles will finish 13-7. I stated Whiteoak wont be very good. The district finals this past yr wasnt a great thing. Myself, you and a few other forum members could field a team and compete in D4, so using that isn't justifiable.

13-7 isn't a bad prediction, but I think its absurd to say Whiteoak wont be able to play with some of those teams in the league. Anybody on any given night will be able to get beat. Agreed Division 4 was down, but I'm not going to knock Whiteoak for taking the path they were given and knocking some teams off.

Bottom line is..........scheduling matters come seeding time. Whiteoak's tough schedule last year allowed them to get a better draw. Playing teams like Portsmouth over teams like Notre Dame or Milford Christian will help teams get ready for tournament and help in seeding.

...........and that my friends is the ugly truth

CGhornet2012
Waterboy

Post by CGhornet2012 »

Is Coach Gene Collins going to be back?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:
PHSfan14 wrote:I never said anything about peebles being the cream of the crop. Im aware of the 05-06 season of 2-19 and never stated anything about next years team as well. If I had to make a prediction I would say next year Peebles will finish 13-7. I stated Whiteoak wont be very good. The district finals this past yr wasnt a great thing. Myself, you and a few other forum members could field a team and compete in D4, so using that isn't justifiable.

13-7 isn't a bad prediction, but I think its absurd to say Whiteoak wont be able to play with some of those teams in the league. Anybody on any given night will be able to get beat. Agreed Division 4 was down, but I'm not going to knock Whiteoak for taking the path they were given and knocking some teams off.

Bottom line is..........scheduling matters come seeding time. Whiteoak's tough schedule last year allowed them to get a better draw. Playing teams like Portsmouth over teams like Notre Dame or Milford Christian will help teams get ready for tournament and help in seeding.

...........and that my friends is the ugly truth
I didnt say they couldnt compete. I just stated that with those teams on their schedule they are bound to lose multiple games. Peebles, Manchester, Ripley, and Eastern will all be solid this season. Peebles probably wont be as good as last year but with the three you mentioned plus some of the JV players coming up I still think they will be near the top of the league again. Eastern Brown will probably be the team to beat this season with Lawson, Payne, Stout, Purdin, and the Scott kid coming up from JV. They just need a post presence.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

You're an idiot! How is making the District Finals not a good thing? Please explain that to me, and the rest of the people that read that.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

if the trojans wanna play a team from ky that is tough and would give them a real tough game they need to play mason county or rowan county...fleming would be tough game for em to with them having the burns kid who is a really good player

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:if the trojans wanna play a team from ky that is tough and would give them a real tough game they need to play mason county or rowan county...fleming would be tough game for em to with them having the burns kid who is a really good player
He is a heck of an athlete. Mason County will probably be down this season but they would still give some of the best teams in our area a run for their money. Rowan County would be a good pick up. They return most of their team from last year's state runner up squad. Morehead isnt that bad of a drive.

Hoppy
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoppy »

Russell ky and the Trojans are trying to work out a date to play next year.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

rowan county is a good team..i seen em play this past season and they had good athletes...mason county will have a down season but with their team chemistry and strength theyd give any team in this area trouble

Return to “Boys Basketball”