Final: @ Portsmouth 56 Chillicothe 34

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Final: @ Portsmouth 56 Chillicothe 34

Post by biggdowgg »

I knew Zaide done a great joib on Johnson, did not realize he held Johnson to 4 points wow....and you are right, Chilli was picking up the ball at half court with a double team,,,after Carter drained a couple 3s they came out of that pretty quick..

ex coach:

thanks,and same goes to you guys.

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

Thanks to Trojandave for some info to help with the recap. If you missed seeing it last night...
http://www.wbex.com/pages/CavsBoysBKB2011-12.html

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Blu_n_Whyt wrote:Thanks to Trojandave for some info to help with the recap. If you missed seeing it last night...
http://www.wbex.com/pages/CavsBoysBKB2011-12.html

Nice recap.....and a nice podcast of the game!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Blu n Whyt: Thanks for the kind words........very nice recap of the game with pictures also.

Very proud of the Trojans........always great to get a win over our arch rivals.......I told bvmv4life at halftime that Chillicothe was playing the best defense against us all year......in the second half, the Trojans played their best basketball of the season. Zaide Whitely's defense on Zach Johnson was FANTASTIC and it made a HUGE difference in the outcome.

Hopefully our kids can take that brand of basketball into Tuesday night vs. a good Peebles team.........best wishes to the Cavaliers the rest of the way........I still think CHS can win a district title with the defense that they play.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Moses Guthrie: The new gymnasium seats approximately 1,700..........and I agree that it was the largest crowd of the season, even larger than Ironton, Warren, and Piketon.

The old 8th St. gym's official capacity was 1,865, with 18 rows of bleachers on each side, but some gaps in the bleachers because of the exits..........always thought the design of that gym was classic.......with the radio booths elevated in the corners of the gym.

Our new gym has 10 rows on the home/reserved side, which last year was the visitors side........the other side of the gym has 21 rows of bleachers.........I sit in the reserved section and the other side was packed, all 21 rows.........there weren't too many seats left at all........and the home side was full as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”