Southern @ Wahama Tues, Jan 24

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Re: Southern @ Wahama Tues, Jan 24

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Didn't Southern beat them earlier this year, like 15-20 pts?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Wow..shocked by the result of this game!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

SG beat them by 30+ then we lose to them at home. Typical Wahama fashion they love a little home cooking.

Falconfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Falconfanatic »

Wahama referees do not use home cooking to allow the Falcons to win ballgames! You win some, you lose some, We won and crying will not help. Our boys just never gave up. GO FALCONS!

MightyWhiteFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MightyWhiteFalcon »

Funny, really funny to see Southern and SG fans get on here and complain about officials at another school. Really, really funny. Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

I am not from any of the above schools. But, our referee system needs some tuning. I have not been to a game for years that did not feel at least a little uncomfortable at times for the road team. I think there needs to be a neutral committee that assigns referees games. Yes, I know that each referee district has an assignee but coaches and schools have alot of say. I have personally heard a coach say that he did not want a certain ref back and he doesnt get them anymore. I really dont know how to fix it, but it needs fixin'. I guess this is for another thread. Just my opinion.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Southern had a 37-29 lead going into the fourth quarter. This was about like the Eastern game. Turnovers and poor shot selection killed the Tornadoes. Southern @ Wahama is turning into the John Cooper Buckeyes @ Michigan. What is this the third or fourth year in a row, this is unexcuseable.

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

HustlingTomato wrote:
The Little General wrote:Wahama didnt get lucky against them rebels they are just better to begin with. The same is true with southern. Their athletes are soft. We will beat them like a borrowed mule on tuesday.
Ask Wellston how soft Southern is.
I hate to say it, but......

I TOLD YOU SO! :lol:

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

It is not totally shocking that Southern lost at Wahama, because a lot of good teams go to Wahama and lose and Southern didn't play well and lost by 2 in o.t. It seems like Wahama plays with much more confidence on their home floor and is a very hot team right now. It is discouraging that Southern can't hold on to a lead late in the game with five seniors on the floor. However, to compare them to John Cooper's Bucks against Michigan is a little far fetched. Cooper was 2-11-1 against Michigan and I believe Southern has a winning record against Wahama over the last five years. Besides that, Eastern is the biggest rival for Southern and I know Southern has a winning record against Eastern over the last several years.

HustlingTomato
Waterboy

Post by HustlingTomato »

The Little General wrote:
HustlingTomato wrote:
The Little General wrote:Wahama didnt get lucky against them rebels they are just better to begin with. The same is true with southern. Their athletes are soft. We will beat them like a borrowed mule on tuesday.
Ask Wellston how soft Southern is.
I hate to say it, but......

I TOLD YOU SO! :lol:
Yea tell Rex Young he called a good game for you guys, you probably know him pretty well. Southern beat Wahama by 20 at Home, remember that.

spectator
Waterboy

Post by spectator »

It's obvious Rex Young is a hometown boy! seems to call all of Wahamas home games. At least the last 3 yrs he has called against Southern. He will definitely keep Wahama in the game! The other 2 refs did a fine job. When u go on the road & get beat by 20 & 30 then play at home & win by a slim margin it's really obvious that you are getting the official you want!

MightyWhiteFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MightyWhiteFalcon »

WOW! You people have been cheating other teams off of every court and field you play on in every sport since the days of Racine high school. The same for SG since Hannan Trace days. Yet you get on here and accuse another school of having homer refs. Well if it is happening I guess you can chalk it all up to a an old case of Karma baby. :mrgreen:

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

I seen wahama play at south Gallia and at wahama against south Gallia. They are not the same team as they were in December. They have gotten some confidence and have used there games to practice with a short span between football and basketball. The refs are not as bad as everyone is saying, south Gallia turned the ball over in important situations. Plus they had the T in the fourth quarter that cost them the game. I am a true rebel fan but the rebels lost the game for themselves. The refs had little impact on the poor play from the rebels.

spectator
Waterboy

Post by spectator »

What is Wahamas record?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TVC teams/records ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

MightyWhiteFalcon wrote:Funny, really funny to see Southern and SG fans get on here and complain about officials at another school. Really, really funny. Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh all you want but back in my day we never lost to the miserable likes of wahama. Of course in the early 80s, we didnt let players play football or lift weights because it took time away from our fall practices. We did polymetrics to be physically fit and we shot year round. I am sure if you ask the old guard down at Tom's Butcher Shop they will confirm all this. I cant speak for SG, we always beat the kids from Gallia county too. Shoot most of those kids have one leg longer than the other. I just know that we have gotten away from tried and true southern basketball. Now we focus more on trying to hire refs to cheat than we do on fundamentals. There is the problem.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Problem for Southern was poor shot choice, and shots the usually make just didn't fall. You got to give some credit to the WHS kids, they kept at it being down all night.

Falconfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Falconfanatic »

The fact is that the official you said was from Wahama did not go to Wahama. He went to Buffalo High School in West Virginia. His son graduated from Wahama but that is all. He is also a Methodist Minister. The next time you are looking for excuses, do not use officiating and talk down about Wahama and our school. We are proud of our kids and that they never give up. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose but the important factor is that they are always in the game. No official can make the balls go through the hoops. The players are the only one's who make the shots. It was a brilliant effort on the part of Wahama in the game. They respected the fact that Southern has a good team and knew to win, they would need to step it up a notch or two. This is exactly what they did. This team has not been at full strength until the past couple of weeks due to being in the West Virginia football play offs and they are just now making up for lost time and practice on the hardwood. Please do not talk down about the Wahama Basketball Team. They are all just boys out there playing the game and someone's son or brother. Good luck to all TVC teams this season and may the best team win. Thank you.........

spectator
Waterboy

Post by spectator »

No one was talking about the Wahama boys.but just because he's a Preacher doesn't make him a good Ref. He's either a Bad Ref or a homer. When the boy grab the Southern players arm at a crucial time of the game & there was no called made & he was right in front of the play that's makes me question his ability or integrity as a ref. That wasn't the only call that he didn't make or made that was obviously wrong. The point being he will make the calls to keep them in the game.again this has nothing to do with the wahama boys. Both teams played hard.

The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

One thing you can count on from Southern fans...........

EXCUSES

Return to “Boys Basketball”