1/6 Southern @ Belpre

Hardwood
JV Team

Re: 1/6 Southern @ Belpre

Post by Hardwood »

johnny ringo wrote:
George Jones wrote:Who has Southern homered johnny ringo? Name me one team out of their three home games that they homered!
not sure about the 3 games this year but traditionally and CONSISTENTLY it happens with regularity just as it does at all TVC schools.

Am I the only one who gets tired of hearing people cry about the officials? Playing at home is an advantage that has nothing to do with officiating. A team practices everyday on their home floor and has the crowd behind them.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:is there radio coverage for this game?

92.1 FM and online at http://www.wyvk.com Click on listen live in upper left and then scroll down sponsor page and click LISTEN.

Tues Jan 3 Eastern at Wahama
Friday Jan 6 Southern at Belpre
Tues Jan 10 Belpre at Wahama
Friday Jan 13 Waterford at Eastern
Thurs Jan 19 Waterford at Eastern girls
Friday Jan 20 South Gallia at Wahama
Tues Jan 24 Southern at Wahama
Friday Jan 27 Federal Hocking at Eastern
Tues Jan 31 Belpre at Southern

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Thanks 92.1 it is nice for all of our fans to have you guys doing all the area high school games.

big_al3564
Riding the Bench

Post by big_al3564 »

Southern win 63-49 good game

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

TOLD YOU SO.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

johnny ringo wrote:TOLD YOU SO.
You said the officiating would be in Belpre's favor and that certainly wasn't the case.Officiating was bad both ways,but I think you were right about the coaching experience making a difference.Jordan still has a lot to learn but I'm sure a loss like this will help him.I look for him and Belpre to be much better as the season progresses.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Good Job Southern

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Southern 15 15 13 20 63
Belpre 10 10 15 14 49

Southern 7-1 5-1

Nate Roberts 14
Andrew Roseberry 11
Ryan Taylor 11
Marcus Hill 9
Ethan Martin 7
Chandler Drummer 6
Adam Pape 5

Belpre 5-3 4-1

Jake Ullman 23
Nick Theriault 10
Dakota Hoffman 6
Ryan Leasure 5
Drew Nestor 3
Bryce Pittenger 2

FT

Southern 13-19
Belpre 13-19

Threes

Southern 2 Martin Taylor
Belpre 4 Hoffman Ullman 3

2 point goals

Southern 22
Belpre 12

JV

Southern 67 Taylor McNickle 20 pts (16 in seocnd quarter)
Belpre 36

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Southern looked like champs tonight. good job guys!

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

It was a very spirited, physical game. Southern was up by 10 at halftime and had an 8 to 12 point lead throughout the second half. Southern was also in foul trouble. The three that fouled out for Belpre was very late in the game. Both crowds were loud and it was an exciting game to watch.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I deleted a few posts - just so we stay on topic ... No reason to go down a road that just gets ugly.

thx

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Exciting game to watch! Southern is very quick and athletic. Crowds were both very loud! Alot of fun to be at. Officiating was about the norm in the TVC and the surrounding area. There was no homering going on, thats for sure. A PHS grad, a Warren grad and not sure of the 3rd. Take nothing from ANYONE OR ANY PART of this game. Fun physical game to watch. Glad I made the drive to watch. This game is what High School basketball is all about. Regardless of the winner.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Did anyone notice no matter how "physical" it got, that both teams would help the opposing player off the floor when there was a "collision"?

I don't see that much anymore, but it caught my eye that it happened numerous times.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Southern and Belpre played a hard TVC Hocking division game. Not sure why all the "Ts" were called. The refs did mess up the 1 and 1 foul and "T" called after the foul. If the game at Southern is played half as hard it should be an instant classic. Belpre just couldn't get the shots to fall and that run at the end of the 1st really swung the momentum to Southern and they never let Uncle Mo leave.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
You said the officiating would be in Belpre's favor and that certainly wasn't the case.Officiating was bad both ways,but I think you were right about the coaching experience making a difference.Jordan still has a lot to learn but I'm sure a loss like this will help him.I look for him and Belpre to be much better as the season progresses.

LMAO I have watched Trimble play at Belpre enough times to know the officiating is never not in Belpre's favor.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote:

LMAO I have watched Trimble play at Belpre enough times to know the officiating is never not in Belpre's favor.
did that statement just come from a trimble fan?.........now thats IRONY!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

johnny ringo how would you like five across the lips? I think you are past due. :lol:

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:johnny ringo how would you like five across the lips? I think you are past due. :lol:
spoken like a true rudder! :mrgreen:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

johnny ringo wrote:
Fred G. Sanford wrote:johnny ringo how would you like five across the lips? I think you are past due. :lol:
spoken like a true rudder! :mrgreen:
No, spoken like the real deal, Fred G. Sanford. Or, don't you get it? That's my guess, Jonny.

Return to “Boys Basketball”