Zane Trace Vs. Belpre

freethrow
Varsity

Re: Zane Trace Vs. Belpre

Post by freethrow »

What's the matter couldn't bring your WV officials over here for the tournaments? Oh thats right they can't.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

eaglefan1 wrote:Zane trace 57 belpre 43. By far the worst officiated basketball game I have ever watched in person.
Aw, you didn't catch any Belpre home games this year?

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

Forget the refs. After watching Zane trace fans bash a belpre player as he walked off the court was pure unsportsmanlike and just plain disrespectful. Any fan who can talk trash to a high scho athlete must be a big person. Good luck to both teams but Zane traces fans really made them look bad. That's just uncalled for.

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsfan_mov »

Disappointing end but a great overall season for the Golden Eagles! Officiating was decent, our defense was decent, but our offense was ICE COLD. Factor that in with a good game by Zane Trace who came ready toplay and that's what decided the game.

Good luck to Zane Trace in the tourney, but I must agree that the disrespect by the fans was uncalled for and tasteless. Those fans really do a disservice to a good program.

Best wishes to Belpre's lone senior, Drew Nestor, and to the rest of the team, let's good forward to another great season next year!

good luck to the remaining TVC teams in the tourney!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Zane Trace played physical and took Belpre out of their game. Nestor had a very good game and Leasure played well.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Congrats Pioneers! Good job Brandon, and Ethan! Beat those Indians.......

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

57-43 ZT.By far the worst game Belpre has played all year.Good luck to Zane Trace the rest of the year.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Lol, WV officials? I can tell you one thing, WV officials certainly wouldn't give belpre any calls, and btw you have to be licensed to officiate in Ohio and for the record, few WV officials referee belpre games. Nice try though. WV surely doesn't like belpre.

BrutusBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BrutusBuckeye »

Great job Zane Trace! Convo bound! Played great!

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Any stats......Heard Belpre pounded it inside and then went away from it???

sportsfan_mov
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsfan_mov »

Nestor had 16, Leasure around 10, Ullman 8 for Belpre. Beam had 23 for ZT.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

enigmaax wrote:
eaglefan1 wrote:Zane trace 57 belpre 43. By far the worst officiated basketball game I have ever watched in person.
Aw, you didn't catch any Belpre home games this year?
And how many Belpre home games did you catch enigmaax? How would you know anything about the officiating there? Officials didn't lose this game for Belpre the Eagles poor shooting and turnovers lost the game.Belpre just had an off night and Zane Trace played a very good game.Belpre doesn't have anything to be ashamed about,they had a great season and they have 5 of the top six players coming back next year.Sorry enigmaxx but they will still have to play 10 home games in Belpre,maybe you could catch a couple and give us a report on the officiating.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

not a shocker. zane trace is the better team.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

someone mentioned tournament time above? Well most of the better officials get tournament games and its more physical but those officials normally call it that way in the regluar season as well. I'd almost bet that Belpre doesn't use any officials for their home games that they see in the Athens tournament or in the Convo. Someone said at one point in the second half the fouls were 7-1 or 8-1 Zane Trace so I'm not sure what the crying is about. Also they said Belpre only had 3 or 4 fouls with about 2 1/2 or 3 minutes left?

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Would someone explain to me how these 2 teams are even in the same division? I mean really, OHSAA reports ZT with 191 boys and 200 girls. Belpre has 145 boys and 115 girls. I know the girls numbers don't matter in this because they are in different divisions, but wow! :122248
As far as the refs, IMO there was just 1 of the 3 that was bad. And I have seen him do several Belpre games. He never does them any favors. IMO, not the reaseon for the loss though. He called a reach from behind twice on Belpre and ZT did it at least 3 times after that with no call.
Belpre played hard and were just ICE COLD. Belpre plays their average game that I have seen them play on several occasions this year, they win. ZT not a better team, just a better team last night. Good luck to ZT and congrats to the Eagles and JT on a great season and huge program turnaround.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Oh so then one of the officials worked at Belpre several times? Then there should have been no problem.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ssbball wrote:Would someone explain to me how these 2 teams are even in the same division? I mean really, OHSAA reports ZT with 191 boys and 200 girls. Belpre has 145 boys and 115 girls. I know the girls numbers don't matter in this because they are in different divisions, but wow! :122248
As far as the refs, IMO there was just 1 of the 3 that was bad. And I have seen him do several Belpre games. He never does them any favors. IMO, not the reaseon for the loss though. He called a reach from behind twice on Belpre and ZT did it at least 3 times after that with no call.
Belpre played hard and were just ICE COLD. Belpre plays their average game that I have seen them play on several occasions this year, they win. ZT not a better team, just a better team last night. Good luck to ZT and congrats to the Eagles and JT on a great season and huge program turnaround.

They are in the same division because they both fit into the same division #s wise, :122245 . 123-214 is Division 3, so neither is even close to going up or down anytime soon.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

ssbball,
Belpre is towards the lower end of D3 and ZT is towards the higher end, and it sounds like it could be a lot worse than a difference of 46 boys. I would say at least half of the D4 schools that Belpre plays in the TVC Hocking have around or less than 100 boys, so you are always going to have schools playing each other that have one school that is somewhat bigger than another school, no matter if its in tournaments or within your own league.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

greatone wrote:Oh so then one of the officials worked at Belpre several times? Then there should have been no problem.
1st of all I didnt go to Belpre. Could tell thats what you are thinking, 2nd, as stated, he never did them any favors. 3rd, dont even remember if they were road or home games.

Also stated, that wasnt the reason they got beat. They played poorly and shot even worse. But to add, thanks for the Division breakdown, and most of the schools Belpre plays actually only has like and average of 80 boys. Outside of Warren, Marietta and Fort Frye. Which they went 1-3 in. Good season for them though.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

I'm not sure who the officials were for this game as I did not attend but on the topic of officiating at Belpre I do want to say that I attended 4 Belpre home games this year and Jim Schaly and his crew did 3 of them and from what I am told he did more than just that at Belpre. He's been around along time and is an ok baseball umpire but nothing but a homer and a showman for high school basketball games. My advice to Belpre administration is to get more variety in your home officiating so you are not used to the game being called a certain way during the season. This will help come tourny time. And if you know what is good for this up and coming program and for Jordan Thornhill...... STOP HIRING JIM SCHALY! A good official does his job without being noticed. This man has NEVER been able to do that

Return to “Boys Basketball”