SEOP

Re: (1) Chesapeake vs. (4) Huntington - Div III - March 2nd

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Chessy 68 - Hunt. 57 final.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Thanks for the updates tribe. Excellent season fot the Huntsmen. Not to many thought they could hang in this matchup. Good test for the #1 Seed Peake. The brutal D3 District continues.

TRISTATEFAN
Riding the Bench

Post by TRISTATEFAN »

Peake wins 68-57. Officials were totally lost!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

hitchbone64 wrote:Thanks for the updates tribe. Excellent season fot the Huntsmen. Not to many thought they could hang in this matchup. Good test for the #1 Seed Peake. The brutal D3 District continues.
No problem. It was a fun game to watch. Now I hope my Indians win this one so we can have a shot at the panthers.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Congrats Peake! Can't wait to see Peake an Peebles play ought to b a good one...

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Congrats Peake on moving on.

That being said...was not a great performance by the Panthers. Seemed very lethargic..very un-Panther-like. Granted, the Huntsmen were VERY aggressive and physical on "D" and made the Panthers work harder than planned as a price for not being focused.

Officials were not consistant at all. Even though plenty of fouls were called against the Huntsmen, there really could've been more. Huntington is very physical, very handsy out front and the officials for the most part were letting it go. In my opinion, a little too much. BUT, there were goofy calls the other way too. I know Huntington fans booed the officials as much as Peake fans did. The men in stripes seemed clueless at times.

In the end, Peake has to adjust better to playing physical if they are going to go much further. I give the Huntsmen a lot of credit for taking the Panthers out of their game on offense. One of the few times this year a time managed to do that. Huntington's boys played very tough tonight. Only Fairland, Logan Elm and Ironton have really given the Panthers a game like that this year.

With an average margin of victory in the 30s, and at the end of a long season, the Panthers may have gotten a little listless. If so, this was a game the Panthers needed. A physical, aggressive team pushing them late into the 4th quarter. Many times, nights like tonight send "favorites" home. Thankfully, the Panthers survived. What doesn't beat you makes you stronger.

Thanks Huntsmen for a great game. Now, Panthers, lets get focused on Peebles.

Go Peake!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chesapeake vs Huntington PHOTO ALBUM ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 968&type=3

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

I'm not sure what the game plan was tonight for the panthers but it sure didn't include crashing the boards or boxing out. If the Panthers don't start crashing the boards they will lose against Peebles.

Return to “Boys Basketball”