Varsity

Re: Zane Trace vs Peebles

Post by thebull »

Peebles should win this one handily. 12+

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Will be a good matchup inside with Daniels and Beam, Peebles has the better guards but they arent going to enjoy playing against ZT not what you would call friendly, it will be extremely physical and if Zt hits some shots look out. I know Peebles doesnt have football so this will be the closest your kids get this season to a game of it. Good Luck to the Indians

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Weve played them a couple times this past summer and did well in most of the games. It will definitely be physical. Good luck to the Indians!

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Now that I have seen them both. I'll take Peebles by 10+. They beat Belpre last night because of Belpre's youth and inexperience. Very COLD night shooting. Probably a little nerves. ?? Peebles will be ready. ZT - 191 boys. Peebles - 142. Just saying. OHSAA needs to get their S**T straight.
I'm a numbers person and they usually don't lie.
Just my opinion.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ssbball wrote:Now that I have seen them both. I'll take Peebles by 10+. They beat Belpre last night because of Belpre's youth and inexperience. Very COLD night shooting. Probably a little nerves. ?? Peebles will be ready. ZT - 191 boys. Peebles - 142. Just saying. OHSAA needs to get their S**T straight.
I'm a numbers person and they usually don't lie.
Just my opinion.
What exactly do you want them to do? Have 9 divisions? There is going to be at disparity at every level. The OHSAA is not the best organization, but there is nothing they can do about the differences in enrollment from the top to the bottom in each division.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

To follow up on what crabs brother said, some schools would be changing divisions every other year, with open enrollment, economy, and things of that nature would make it tough for Ohsaa to keep track. If your just talking 50-60 kids don't see how it would make a big difference. The teams that make continuous treks to the districts are just managing their programs well.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

If there's a division that has a disparity it's the big boys in Division 1. Their range is 400 to unlimited. Believe some schools at the upper end have 1000+ boys. Don't wanna be on bottom end of D1. Know last year when Piketon played Zanesville their boys count number was 399.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Not much of a factor in Basketball when your only needing 7-8 players but when you are dressing a football team does create an impact 22 players, when you get into the lower divisions you will see more players going both ways. Ive seen seasons where d2 teams were the best teams in the state regardless of divisions Chillicothe and Libby were the season Chilli won it all, and as around here now D3 teams are the best teams in the area. So myself i dont see it as being much food for thought within the divisions.jmo

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

ttt

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I agree that complaining about the difference in numbers in enrollment of D3 schools is pretty weak. Which school would you have change divisions? If ZT moved up, then an even bigger argument than 49 boys could be made. Likewise, if Peebles were moved down, a bigger argument could be made that way too. As pointed out, the disparity in enrollment numbers is nowhere near signifcant at the lower levels. If you're interested, on a seperate thread (as this one belongs to the actual game) it might be interesting to see a listing of the enrollment figures of all the remaining teams in the SE broken down by Divisions heading into District play. Then, when all is said and done, we can look back and see if there is any correlation between wins and losses and enrollment size. I'm willing to bet that we won't find any relevance. But, it would be a good way to put some science behind the theory if you're interested.

Indian88
Waterboy

Post by Indian88 »

Good luck Indians! I will take Peebles by 12, that being said I hope they improve their free throw shooting or it will cost them in a close game.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Peebles should be able to handle to aggressiveness of ZT's defense and they have the ability to knock down big shots. I give the Indians the advantage in the post, Daniels has a nice assortment of post moves and jumping ability. Beam is solid however, and this matchup will be fun to watch.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

crazymidgets wrote:Will be a good matchup inside with Daniels and Beam, Peebles has the better guards but they arent going to enjoy playing against ZT not what you would call friendly, it will be extremely physical and if Zt hits some shots look out. I know Peebles doesnt have football so this will be the closest your kids get this season to a game of it. Good Luck to the Indians
Agreed. I seen what Zane Trace can do if the they knock down 3's! It would not shock me if Zane Trace won this game. It also would not shock me if peebles won by 20...lol

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVC Sports Talk talks about the key to Zane Trace on the offensive end this week...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk022712

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Peebles should win this one. By how much though, will be determined by Daniels and the amount of fouls he will have on him.
In the Westfall game, Daniels picked up fouls which forced him to remain on the bench. If had stayed out of foul trouble, the margin of victory would have been much greater.

Peebles by 15

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

i look for ZT to take this one. They have been playing better lately, and have some confidence after that last win.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Like many have stated before, youre not really sure what ZT team you are going to get until the ball is tipped. They can attack like no other and run an unstoppable transition game sometimes, other times they look lazy and have no spark. Looking forward to a great game, the play of Beam/Daniels seems to be the difference maker, but the hothand from 3 may be as well, hopefully Coach Alley will get ZT another win in the Convo

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Close games at the convo seem to be determined by foul shots. That being said if Peebles hits from the line, Indians win by 10 or better. If not, Friday around 9:30pm all of us armchair "coaches" will be pointing out what went wrong.

Jerry Newman
Waterboy

Post by Jerry Newman »

Zane Trace by 8.

Return to “Boys Basketball”