Best Game by a Player this Year

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: Best Game by a Player this Year

Post by crazymidgets »

and yes I saw your dont get me wrong part, just didnt matter after what you said its like an oxymoron, I dont like just the points but dont get me wrong.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

crazymidgets wrote:probably because i was the only one who just put his point total up and you said points wasnt enough for you, then you said guys just scoring might take plays off, well if your putting up those kind of games your not taking very many plays off to begin with. like I said just say great game.
I'll let Jesco answer for himself, but I don't see where he ever said "points wasnt enough for you".

If you are going to come on this board and slam one of the original members of this site, you should at least not babble on about nothing and write 7 lines with one period in the whole mess. Based on your posts on here, Jesco has forgotten more about the game than you will ever know.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Zac against Upper Room at Chesapeake had the best overall performance that I have seen this year. In addition to great stats, Zac handled most of the ball handling responsibilites and played with high intensity throughout the contest. Since Ironton was "Panthers" on the scoreboard, that just added to the performance.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:
crazymidgets wrote:probably because i was the only one who just put his point total up and you said points wasnt enough for you, then you said guys just scoring might take plays off, well if your putting up those kind of games your not taking very many plays off to begin with. like I said just say great game.
I'll let Jesco answer for himself, but I don't see where he ever said "points wasnt enough for you".

If you are going to come on this board and slam one of the original members of this site, you should at least not babble on about nothing and write 7 lines with one period in the whole mess. Based on your posts on here, Jesco has forgotten more about the game than you will ever know.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

cant read his mind just his words. doesnt matter to me how long anyone was on here, when i read his post I was the only person who had just posted about points then he "got on his soapbox" about it and i took it like he was addressing that, dont really care if my commas or periods are in the correct place this isnt school nor are you my teacher. Dont have a clue how much or what he knows but i know if someone drops 40 its a heck of game. Never had a problem with his posts dont know the guy.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

deleted info
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

That's why I'd rather see more than just the amount of points scored in a game when people list "big games" from players. It's no wonder too many kids these days only want to shoot and play offense, because too many people only want to talk about points scored when assessing "good games".

His words.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Personally i felt just posting his amount of points in the game was impressive enough.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

crazymidgets,

You weren't the only one. Please go back and look. Also, I was only stating my opinion on the subject. I definitely think putting up 30-40 points in a game is impressive. As for taking possessions off, I was very specific about that occurring on the defensive end. Scoring a ton of points can happen without one ounce of defense, and I simply stated that I've seen that happen before. When I spoke of too many people only talking about offense, I wasn't singling anyone on this site or anywhere else out. Having coached every level from HS to Pee-Wee, I can say from experience that kids get more disappointed if they don't put up big offensive numbers as opposed to taking pride in every facet of the game. That was my main point. That is why I personally have more of an appreciation for a huge floor game while producing offensively. I'm not taking anything away from huge offensive games. I think it takes a tremendous effort to put up points. You don't have to agree with what I, PERSONALLY, like. I'm pretty sure people look at things differently all the time. And, nowhere have I ever taken away from anyone who has a huge offensive game. Afterall, the team that scores the most points wins ;)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

C'mon people no ones opinion is wrong, just put down what you think.

I would like to add Malik London at Jackson. I think he was 19 or 21 points and about 15 rebounds and about 7 blocks....including 3 dunks

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

yes there was another, and i agree with you on an overall performance defense is a major part of it, and enjoy watching defensive players just as much. Just felt i and or the other person who posted was being attacked by just listing the points like my assessment was limited to just that point. but you didnt just ask ok what else did he do in the game, it was just, I dont like that and thats why kids only want to shoot the ball! If you would have said great game did he put up any boards or anything i would have given the numbers for the whole game. Have a great day and the english nazi can critique my use of commas and periods lmao

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think a good game is a DEFENDER holding a KNOWN scorer to under 10 points..

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Defensive players dont get enough credit. I feel that the leagues should also have a defensive player of the yr just for that reason. Have watched the Ward kid from Waverly clamp down on some of the best scorers around for 2 season and not get a bit of credit for it.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:C'mon people no ones opinion is wrong, just put down what you think.

I would like to add Malik London at Jackson. I think he was 19 or 21 points and about 15 rebounds and about 7 blocks....including 3 dunks

Ironman92, You are right on it. London had 21, 15 and 7 blocks. I know this is a thread about "Best Games", however London averaged a double/double per game plus 6 blocks per game. Defense does get overlooked, but his D changes games and accounts for at least 14 points in point differential in a game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crazymidgets wrote:Kretzer 43
Against who? What was his FG and FT%?

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

chicken_coop wrote:
crazymidgets wrote:Kretzer 43
Against who? What was his FG and FT%?

He had 43 against Piketon in the championship game of the Holiday Classic

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kretzers 43 was against Piketon in the championship game of the Holiday Classic. I don't know other stats but I'd say he was in double digits rebounds, had a few assists, steals, & blocks.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

yes and kretzers had several other 30+ point games this year hes really had a great year it will be even better if he continues deep into the tourney

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Kretzers numbers on my book not official
43 points
12 rbs
3 steals
3 assists
2 blocks
4-7 from 3 including 3/4 shot at buzzer end of the half
7-11 from the line
12-18 from 2
as i said this is from my book, could be off but pretty close. I know 3 point shooting and free throw is correct and as a team waverly shot over 60% from the field that night so with him taking over half the shots he didnt miss much.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Lightle Western Latham 32 points on 10-14 shooting 8, 3's against Symmes Valley

Return to “Boys Basketball”