Southern (18-3) Vs. Manchester (13-8) @Convo 3/6

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Southern (18-3) Vs. Manchester (13-8) @Convo 3/6

Post by 93Bulldog »

SOME PHOTOS FROM SOUTHERN vs MANCHESTER ... http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 968&type=1

spectator
Waterboy

Post by spectator »

Any stats on the game? I think Manchester would have beat anyone tonight.They must have shot 70 percent from the field.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Southern played a good game and didn't stop playing hard until the buzzer. Roseberry is an awesome player and was pulling off some great shots. Can't remember the tall kids name, but they should be a good team again next year.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

spectator wrote:Any stats on the game? I think Manchester would have beat anyone tonight.They must have shot 70 percent from the field.
I know Roseberry had around 23 but not sure of any official stats. I'm sure they will be posted tomorrow unless someone else on here can provide them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

airforcejm wrote:
spectator wrote:Any stats on the game? I think Manchester would have beat anyone tonight.They must have shot 70 percent from the field.
I know Roseberry had around 23 but not sure of any official stats. I'm sure they will be posted tomorrow unless someone else on here can provide them.
PFLOYD USUALLY PUTS UP SCORING STATS on the official convo thread.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Congratulations to Manchester it should be a really good game Saturday! Hard to say Southern "should've " won this game? From the second quarter on Manchester controlled the game.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

NormanDale wrote:Congratulations to Manchester it should be a really good game Saturday! Hard to say Southern "should've " won this game? From the second quarter on Manchester controlled the game.
Obviously directed at my comment, and Yes Southern should have won this game. They had a bad third Quarter, Box scoring is as follows'

Manchester - 18/ 17/ 22/ 18
Southern - 14/ 16/ 13/ 17

We had a bad night and missed quite a few open shots, any other night this game would have been in hand and we would have won pretty handily. Congrats to Manchester, not taking anything away from their win or their season, so good luck next game Hounds..

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Manchester got pretty much any shot they wanted. Don't know what the rebound stats were but Manchester appeared to control the glass held a 10 point+ lead the whole second half was up 20when at one point, but Southern should've won handily . And your box score is wrong Manchester scored 15 in the first and 20 in the second

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Southern played one hell of a game...played hard the whole game even when they was down...good luck to their seniors and to them next year

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Manchester 14 21 22 18 -- 75

Southern 13 17 13 17 -- 60

M: Ricketts 24, Combs 23, West 16, Gaffin 6, Adams 5, Smith 1, Evans 0, Brummett 0, Walters 0, Rader 0. Total 75.

S: Roseberry 25, Martin 15, Drummer 12, Roberts 3, Hill 3, Ginther 2, Taylor 0, Wolfe 0, Custer 0, Pape 0, Deem 0, Pickens 0. Total 60.

3-pointers: Manchester 6 (Ricketts 2, Combs 2, Adams, West), Southern 5 (Martin 5).

Records: Manchester 14-8, Southern 18-4

Read more: http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/ ... z1oP1NZAHp

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Congrats Manchester!

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Hate to see the season end playing one of our worst defensive games, but gotta hand it to Manchester, when the oppurtunity was there they buried the shot. One of the best shooting nights I have seen in a while from the two gaurds for the Hounds.

Congrats to Southern on a fine season and congrats and good luck to Manchester as you continue your tourney run.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Southern was overrated and I don't see how you can say they should have won this game. They have a good record every year but when it comes to tourney they make no noise. If I am correct they have never beat Manchester in the tourney. I know Manchester beat them in 2003 and Manchester has beat them like 4 out of the last 5 years or something like that. Maybe Southern should play a little tougher schedule and get tourney ready instead of playing a cup cake schedule so they can have a good record.

hound_pound_mhs
Waterboy

Post by hound_pound_mhs »

pfloyd wrote:... Southern has had to battle the "committee of one - me" all year to gain respect in the Elite 8 ... Southern is ranked in the Elite 8 for a reason - the boyz have game led by senior Andrew Roseberry, quality coaching court side in Coach Caldwell , the Tornadoes hold their opponents under 50 per game defensively ... the Ouija Board says take Southern to carry the torch for the TVC ... Southern +3 ...

looks like you had them ranked wrong pfloyd because the hound pound cleaned house

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

a_c_m wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Yes, 100%

Eastern Pike likely getting the #2 seed made this an easy thing for the coaches.

One side of the bracket has Notre Dame and Eastern Pike and no challengers....therefore a no doubt regional appearance without leaving the SOC 1.

The other side of the bracket has South Webster, Manchester, Southern, Fairfield and Whiteoak to eliminate each other.
Why is it ok for the SOC 1 schools to play each other but not the SHL. It is the same gripe every year! There is one way to eliminate what you claim that happens! Let the SHL have their own sectional and the SOC and TVC have their own! It would be the same difference or contact the state and move to the Southwest District. Manchester did not play Notre Dame and Eastern Pike, so what makes you think Manchester would win those games if they did?
The reason they play each other every year in D4 is because all the SOC 1 schools are D4. I would love it if the SOC1 schools didnt have to play each other in the Sectionals = that would mean they are getting beat by SHL/TVC or SW.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Southern wasn't overated, they were the best team in their sectional, and they are probably better than all of the teams in the valley sectional except Manchester and South Webster, with Fairfield and Southern being close. Just a tough loss for the tornadoes.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

cool cucumber wrote:
NormanDale wrote:Congratulations to Manchester it should be a really good game Saturday! Hard to say Southern "should've " won this game? From the second quarter on Manchester controlled the game.
Obviously directed at my comment, and Yes Southern should have won this game. They had a bad third Quarter, Box scoring is as follows'

Manchester - 18/ 17/ 22/ 18
Southern - 14/ 16/ 13/ 17

We had a bad night and missed quite a few open shots, any other night this game would have been in hand and we would have won pretty handily. Congrats to Manchester, not taking anything away from their win or their season, so good luck next game Hounds..
When a team gets beat by a couple points at the end then maybe that statement applies but when a team gets beat by double figures it doesn't quite resonate. Congratulations to both teams on their seasons and best of luck to Manchester going forward. Good to see the Hounds playing their best when it matters the most.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Hats off to Manchester they shot lights out last night. I wouldn't expect anything less from the defending district champs. My son battled with Combs all night said Combs was a great player and class act. Good luck to Manchester. Good luck to all the Southern seniors, I will miss watching them play. I have watched some of them since second grade.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Southern is a well coached team and a talented team that had a bad night last night. Manchester appears to be peaking at the right time. Starting to hit shots from the outside which lets Gaffen do his thing in the middle. When you have two or three shooters hitting the 3 ball like that, they will be a tough out for anyone. It goes to show how good a team can be when the 3 ball is falling. Watching them click on all cylinders last night makes me wonder how they lost 8 games? I'm assuming they didn't shoot as well????

hound_pound_mhs
Waterboy

Post by hound_pound_mhs »

Out of Bounds wrote:Southern is a well coached team and a talented team that had a bad night last night. Manchester appears to be peaking at the right time. Starting to hit shots from the outside which lets Gaffen do his thing in the middle. When you have two or three shooters hitting the 3 ball like that, they will be a tough out for anyone. It goes to show how good a team can be when the 3 ball is falling. Watching them click on all cylinders last night makes me wonder how they lost 8 games? I'm assuming they didn't shoot as well????
Manchester comes to play every year at tourny time, they did lose 8 games during the regular season but that doesnt matter due to the fact we could had only lost 1 game and we would still get screwed at the draw like we do every year. The boys from manchester play there best in the tourny just like every year. we play a touch regular season schedule to get all the kinks worked out the ball team before the games that actually count get here.

Return to “Boys Basketball”