All Conference

Re: South Gallia vs. Notre Dame at the convo

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

It was nice seeing you bballinfool

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Nice to see you to Brutus, Do you want me to bring the computer Saturday?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK SG !!! GREAT WIN.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Great win Rebels, let's keep it goin.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

Good job brutus, you almost had that one right. A very ugly game from both teams. 47 44 sg.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PHOTOS FROM SOUTH GALLIA vs NOTRE DAME ... http://www.facebook.com/#!/tvcohio

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Rebels on the win! The name of the game is win and move on. Does not matter if the game is ugly or not, a win is a win!

Now on the next step!!!

Go Rebels!!!

Tickets for the game Saturday vs. Eastern Pike at 11:45 AM will be on sale at the school in the morning. They will be able to purchase tickets until 7 PM at the school.

There will also be a Pep bus that will leave the high school on Saturday morning at 9:30 for students that sign up with Mr. Shamblin-cost will be $6 for the ticket only.

Go Rebels!!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Is there anymore of those tradition never graduates shirts for sale at the school?

Karma2
Riding the Bench

Post by Karma2 »

Notre Dame picked a bad time to have their worst game of the year. Having said that, congrats to South Gallia for staying poised when down by 9 points multiple times. ND just could not get out of their own way and get the run they needed.....always a turnover or missed shot when they had the chance to make a run up by 9 with the ball. The tournament experience paid off for South Gallia and just made the shots when they needed it. Congrats to Coach Mader,his staff, and to all the players on a great year.....nothing to be ashamed of.....you have set the bar for ND boys basketball.....and to the seniors....thank you!!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Way to go South Gallia!!! Keep it going!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Notre Dame you were very impressive.....but I thought that u would have trouble pressing SG...not that theyre that fast or quick...its hard to press a team that has played together as long as SG has!!! But 19 wins is awsome even tho your season didnt end the way that you had hoped!!! SG thats the way that Srs step up when they need to!!!! Even tho the game was sloppy at times it was a great game to watch with a great atmosphere.....Great crowds and student sections by both teams!!!! It really was everything that high school sports is about!!11

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

still in a state of shock that ND lost that game. both teams didnt bring anywhere close to their A or B or what I'd guess would even their C game. I guess the Convo and nerves and who knows what contributed to the poor performance. Watched ND all year and they haven't played anywhere close to that in 20 games. Great year though with much to be happy about. hats off to SG for not folding and they just kept hanging around and hanging around. fought to the end and made enough plays to beat us. MD

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Great win.
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Let me first say, 'what a defensive effort from the rebels.' I also appreciate the idiotic remarks made in the St. Joe forum about how that win felt like a loss. I think that has fired up the players and the staff. The Rebels aren't done yet. Nice game plan and defensive strategy from coach Saunders and staff. Great win.
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

ManitouDan wrote:still in a state of shock that ND lost that game. both teams didnt bring anywhere close to their A or B or what I'd guess would even their C game. I guess the Convo and nerves and who knows what contributed to the poor performance. Watched ND all year and they haven't played anywhere close to that in 20 games. Great year though with much to be happy about. hats off to SG for not folding and they just kept hanging around and hanging around. fought to the end and made enough plays to beat us. MD
I agree manitouDan. I saw the Titans play 4 or 5 times this season and they looked lost. Very poor game management when they were up 9 or 10 points. Bad turnovers and poor shots. I believe Notre Dame was clearly the better team, but in tourney action you only have to be the better team on one night.

Congrats to the Rebsels!

BuckeyeGuy_13
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeGuy_13 »

Not the prettiest game but it was extremely exciting to see all of the community spirit that our little slice of heaven(mercerville) has!!!! Now lets get the convo rockn once again tomarro!!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Eaglesnest wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:still in a state of shock that ND lost that game. both teams didnt bring anywhere close to their A or B or what I'd guess would even their C game. I guess the Convo and nerves and who knows what contributed to the poor performance. Watched ND all year and they haven't played anywhere close to that in 20 games. Great year though with much to be happy about. hats off to SG for not folding and they just kept hanging around and hanging around. fought to the end and made enough plays to beat us. MD
I agree manitouDan. I saw the Titans play 4 or 5 times this season and they looked lost. Very poor game management when they were up 9 or 10 points. Bad turnovers and poor shots. I believe Notre Dame was clearly the better team, but in tourney action you only have to be the better team on one night.

Congrats to the Rebsels!
"Better team" SG would of won by 20+ if they played there normal game and didn't miss almost every bunny shot and all but one 3 pointer that I know of. oh and that why didn't they use that awesome press that I read so much about on here.

Both teams were out of wind in the second half a few times

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

My photos from the game are here Gino's Photos

Return to “Boys Basketball”