SEOPS HO

Re: Chillicothe vs. Circleville District final

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to Chillicothe!!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

If Jackson wanted to run up the score in football, they would've kept running the ball down Chillicothe's throat. Besides, if Chillicothe had a problem with the football score, they should've run it up against Jackson in basketball.....by your reasoning.[/quote]
They did at home by 19 or 20 at home!! Then they beat them in the tourny for a third time!! And this actually has less to do with Jackson than chumps from Circleville wanting to be mediocre and keep good fit,up competition out of the MSL. As far as the Jackson game reference, if you are not running the score up you put your back ups and JVs in and let them play under the lights. First teamers throwing up 30 in the fourth quarter is running up the score no matter how you try to twist the facts.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Cant wait to head down 33 and stay in Athens Friday. Any excuse to party at my alma mater is worth it, let alone seeing my highschool alma mater. Im gonna say Chilli 54 CVille 41

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Tigers123 wrote:1) Circleville's team last year went 5-15 and lost to Chillicothe(ranked 5th in the state at the time) in the sectional final game by 3 points

2) Chillicothe's team last year was a much better team than they are this year(D1 player Jalen Ragland who now plays at UTEP had 20 pts in the sectional final game)

3) Circleville's team is a much better team this year than they were last year

DO THE MATH

Chillicothe rely on Zach Johnson to score and Malik London to block shots and get rebounds. Then what? If the one of the two stars get in foul trouble what do the cavs do? What seperates Circleville from Chillicothe, is the Tigers play as a TEAM. It's no individual scoring, it's the TEAM. All of you Chillicothe fans will see after Friday night.
is this Jose Travis??!! Lol sound like something he would say..

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

buckcraze,
So you consider Chillicothe's 19 point win against a 7 win Jackson team running up the score? I don't. And do you really think Coach Kellough and the players were thinking about that football game from three months earlier when "ran up" the score? I don't.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chillicothe vs Roundtown (Circleville) ... Coach Evans' boyz have had an OUTSTANDING sesaon ...MSL hardened for sure ... balanced scoring from Burrows/Smith/Hammon with the BIG "go to boyz" being Denzel Amey and Nathan Moats - BOTH get their points on the blocks and in the paint ... outside shooting/scoring - NADA ... under the good perimeter pressure of Logan Elm in their last get together Circleville was 1/10 from downtown ...IF the points are coming from the perimeter look for Hammon to pulling the trigger ...BUT unfortunately the strength of the Roundtown attack (in the paint) plays into the hands literally of the premier interior defensive player in ALL of Southern/Southeast Ohio - Malik London ... there was a time when London had difficulty staying out of foul trouble because of his shot blocking - as a senior? the kid stays on the floor, blocks from behind the primary defender - he is the real deal in the paint this season ... let's not forget the overall TEAM defense that Coach Kellough's troops throw at you - Zach Johnson/Aaron Elliott/Adam Bixler/Jalen Jones ...all solid at the defensive end - will make you pay in the transition game ... offensively I like the role players around both London/Zach Johnson - Bixler IS a scoring threat, Elliott will get his 10-12 points ... Bottom line Circleville will have a difficult time getting points - Roundtown inside strength (Amey/Moats) plays right into London/Elliott & Cavs D ... my Ouija Board has Malik London with Triple Double game - points/boards/blocks ... Chilli moves on ...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Hey pfloyd it was a pleasure finally meeting the "purple hippo"..lol...imma send hitchbone64 your way on Friday,he wanting to meet you also....BTW great preview of the game...GO CAVS!!!!!!!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Ace wrote:buckcraze,
So you consider Chillicothe's 19 point win against a 7 win Jackson team running up the score? I don't. And do you really think Coach Kellough and the players were thinking about that football game from three months earlier when "ran up" the score? I don't.
First of, can you read? I specifically said it was MY opinion!!! Not Coach Kellough's or even the B-ball players that also play football!!!! The response to my original post was produced by a fellow from Jackson. Have you happened to notice he has not offered a rebuke? There is no dog in the fight between Chilly and Jackson in football for you. I happen to have a deal of respect for the Jackson-Chilly rivalry in football, the Jackson football coaches, and football program. I was just reminding the Jackson poster that they will run the score up on people when they see fit, so it is beneath them to bark at other people for doing the same. The fact still remains that Circleville has led the charge to keep Chilly out of the MSL and this is an athletic program as a whole and a community issue in MY OPINION. It is baketball season and one of the few times any of the Pickway county teams are forced to play Chilly (forcing them to play us in the post season is about the only way they will play us) so this is where payback can come for CAVS fans that have thought the MSL is the best fit for our sports programs.

If you new anything about the Jackson basketball team you would know that they had two very good SE basketball players that give oppenents trouble night in and night out. They are not a push over whether they were able to put a solid winning record together or not. So yes, a 19 point win against a team that Chilli needed a buzzer beating twenty-five footer to win at Jackson earlier in the year a solid blowout.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Why would Circleville be against letting Chilli in the MSL? Does anyone have any facts about this or is this he said she said? I would love for Chilli to get in the MSL over the SCOL

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Rabeanos12 wrote:Why would Circleville be against letting Chilli in the MSL? Does anyone have any facts about this or is this he said she said? I would love for Chilli to get in the MSL over the SCOL
Not he said she said. In the circles sourounding the attempts for Chilli to get in the MSL it is well known that Circleville is one of the two to three ring leaders that have gone strongly against letting Chilli into the MSL. I have close relationships with people in Amanda school district, Logan Elm school district, and Chillicothe City schools. It is not a secret with all closely involved.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Who really cares about the whole league shuffle, this is about a district championship game! To advocate running up the score against kids who had nothing to do with any decisions shows immaturity.

Circleville is clearly the underdog here, but the kids believe in themselves and have done a lot from this position this year. If the Tigers can execute their game plan pretty well, they have a shot.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bman wrote:Who really cares about the whole league shuffle, this is about a district championship game! To advocate running up the score against kids who had nothing to do with any decisions shows immaturity.

Circleville is clearly the underdog here, but the kids believe in themselves and have done a lot from this position this year. If the Tigers can execute their game plan pretty well, they have a shot.
"it's my job to score, it's your job to stop me!" Bill Belicheck. I guess he is immature to huh? If Circleveille is worthy, then they will present themserlves well...if they are not they will have a rough night. You are entitled to your opinion as am I, but grownups working behind the scenes to keep some one else from being able to play....sounds like kindergarten playground stuff to me. Now who is immature?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

^ Bad example. First, that is a professional sports quote. We are talking about high school athletics, which are supposed to be about more than just who wins and losses. Class, sportsmanship, etc.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

How is not allowing Chillicothe into the MSL not allowing someone to play? Chillicothe has played athletics for decades and has never been part of the MSL. If you'd like to know the real reason why Chilli was not invited into the MSL - some of the schools that would have been in their division did not want the long drive. It makes much more sense for a Whitehall to drive to London than it does to Chillicothe. As for Circleville, they've played Chillicothe in many sports in non-league games, so I don't think they mind playing the Cavaliers. Try getting actual facts and not rumors to form an opinion around,

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bman wrote:How is not allowing Chillicothe into the MSL not allowing someone to play? Chillicothe has played athletics for decades and has never been part of the MSL. If you'd like to know the real reason why Chilli was not invited into the MSL - some of the schools that would have been in their division did not want the long drive. It makes much more sense for a Whitehall to drive to London than it does to Chillicothe. As for Circleville, they've played Chillicothe in many sports in non-league games, so I don't think they mind playing the Cavaliers. Try getting actual facts and not rumors to form an opinion around,
Actually it takes about 45 minutes to get to Whitehall from Chilly. You see I played at Chilly many moons ago when Chilly and Whitehall were in the OCC together. It takes thirty minutes to get from London to Grove City in South Western Franklin County. You see I currently live in Franklin County and have experienced all of these drives personally. I have way more facts than you can fathom. Challenging intelligent opinions is not your strong suit. Bottom line is, with much more inside knowledge and factual experience than you, my opinion is still the same. If you do not like it stop reading and responding to my posts. That actually would be the mature thing to do. By the way, if you are still reading, sports are sports and competition is completion, choose to compete at any level and you are always in danger of being beaten badly no matter what level. This concept may not be "politically correct" or easy for you to understand by that does not make less true.

Crush
Waterboy

Post by Crush »

buckcraze, Bmanunderstands sports a great deal more than you give him credit for. He may have a lot more knowledge about the situation than YOU can fathom. Didn't you guys get into the SCOL? Good Luck to you there. As for the game...if London stays out of foul trouble, Chilli has a shot. If London gets in foul trouble...they don't.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Sitting up town about four and a half hours before game time. What a beautiful day to be in Athens!!!! Man the Court street Shuffle sure has changed since the last time I tried it!!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!!! :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

Good luck to Circleville, though I don't have anything against Chillicothe. Have to root for a league rival though.

On the Chillicothe league issue, as an A-C fan I would have liked to see Chilly in the MSL-B to replace Canal Winchester, but it didn't happen. I don't know the reasons, so I will leave that alone.

Also, I have driven from Chillicothe to Whitehall several times, and it is more than 45 minutes :) Even with good traffic it takes a good hour/hour and fifteen minutes.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

buckcraze wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
buckcraze wrote:Here is my personal opinion.....Circleville is one of the schools that has worked extremely hard behind the scenes to keep Chillicothe out of the MSL. I hope the CAVS are up by 100 points going into the fourth quarter and comes out pressing until the clock runs out!!!! :mad: Pay back is a you know what Circleveille!!!! :twisted: GO GET'EM CAVS!!!!! :aaaaa8
Yeah, running up the score on high school kids that had nothing to do with anything would be an appropriate way to show up administrators and other adults of perceived decisions.
Is that why Jackson was throwing the the ball up 30 points in the fourth quarter against chilly this year? Get off your sanctamonious soap box! Hipocrate!
Show me one time in of my posts where I think a team should be jacking up shots or running up the score? Go ahead....I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting. I was not at that game and isn't this the boy's forum.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jesus....he was talking about football? What a moron.

Did our golfers and tennis girls beat you badly also or something?

Tissue?

Return to “Boys Basketball”