Student Sections @ the Convo

run-n-gun
Varsity

Student Sections @ the Convo

Post by run-n-gun »

What schools have had some good pep sections in their Convo appearance?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Student Sections @ the Convo

Post by TribeManiac10 »

For the one day of the semis that I went to I thought Southeastern, Peebles, Huntington, and Eastern Brown all had pretty good student sections. Seemed like most of the students from the peake didnt even sit in the roped off area.

Schoolboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Schoolboy »

Ironton's student section was pretty impressive on Monday night. That was the biggest student section I have seen at the Convo.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

it won't be south webster. Those kids are lame as can be and embarrassing. Gone are the days of being awesome enough to fill up the the whole block and then some AT THE SCHOTT.... Manchester brings the noise though, impressive.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Scroll down the page on the Convo 2012 link ... I took pics of the better student sections thus far ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

PICTURE PROOF SAYS: Portsmouth probably had the biggest, Southeastern had a lot of spirit - and students for that matter ... The picture doesn't really give it justice, but the Waverly student section was pretty big and vocal.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Portsmouth had the biggest size cheer-block, but they're just not very good this year. Manchester is by far the best I've seen yet, they were loud and proud for 4 quarters against Southern. I'm ready to see what kind of cheer block ND will have tonight...they've had a great cheer block all year.

Debo
Riding the Bench

Post by Debo »

Always a great sight to see when it comes to tournament games at the Convo.

Giving the nod to Portsmouth, Peebles, and Ironton

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Mr. Shamblin will have South Gallia's student section rockin...You will be suprised about Lil Ol Div IV school.

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

portsmouth had the biggest pep section i have seen at the convo.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

Valley had a few there...not a super impressive turnout. They wore togas. Sure wish the Krazy Krew was back for the Convo! Nothing like running out of the locker to the Krazy Krew!

tiger2012
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger2012 »

Anymore thoughts on this after all the district championships have been played?

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Ironton was the biggest of the two games i saw. eastern was second peebles ad Peake was very small.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I have to give kudos to the Oak Hill student section for the girl's game against Africentric. They were loud, entertaining, and kept it sportsmanlike, the way it should be.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Ironton had 150 there monday according to superintendant Nance. 4 bus loads !! Great to see !! KEEP'EM coming !! Makes for a GREAT atmosphere!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Oak Hill girls block definitely won on saturday. i'd put Valley second and Manchester 3rd

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

I was only able to attend Saturday evenings games, but......
I was very impressed with Ironton and Portsmouth's student sections. Both groups got their entire crowds into the action. Loved the old Junior High uniforms the PHS students had on. I thought Valley had the size and appearance of a good cheer block, however some of the things that were said towards the Portsmouth players were inappropriate. I'm sure the others said things as well, but maybe I wasn't sitting close enough to hear. Anyways...Saturday was my favorite day of the year. There is no better atmosphere than the Convo rockin' with all of the area's communities and cheer sections. Great job students!

Looking forward to another week of tournament basketball. Good luck to all of our area teams!
Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Ironton, Chillicothe, Waverly, Eastern, and Manchester.
Wow, I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

From what I have seen, I have to go with Waverly. Awesome experience, as I had a friend down from Dayton, to watch the games Friday!!! He was in awe at the noise level!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Waverly was the only student section to fill up TWO sections this year ... A lot of other schools had large student sections, especailly Portsmouth, but none bigger than Waverly ... Pretty much every game I have been right down on the floor in front of those areas - and I'm 100% sure the Tigers had the largest fan following amongst students.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly's overall fan support has to be among the top. With those white rally towels waving and fans screaming, it's quite an experience.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

smurray wrote:Waverly's overall fan support has to be among the top. With those white rally towels waving and fans screaming, it's quite an experience.
Agree. It is nice to see the community supporting the Tigers in full force!

Return to “Boys Basketball”