South Gallia vs Eastern Pike district finals.

Rebels on 3
All State

South Gallia vs Eastern Pike district finals.

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Thoughts

bballfool
Freshman Team

Re: South Gallia vs Eastern Pike district finals.

Post by bballfool »

Good Luck Rebels!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Pike by 16

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

TVC teams going into the Convo is a lot like General Custer going into Little Bighorn! It generally end very badly! good luck.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Quick turn around for both teams with little time to rest and no time to practice, the team who can prepare the best scouting report wins this one. Hoping my Eagles cut down the nets and onto the Regional...Go Eagles!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

south gallia by 12-15 points

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Eastern by enough to win lol

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Stuck around after the south Gallia game to watch the eastern team... Was very impressed with #10, very fast and a good shooter. #22 got to the offensive glass whenever he wanted against a zone. Key note for south Gallia is to box out, this team is very athletic and can crash the boards.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thank goodness the Rebels won last night ... The TVC was 0-4 in the Convo at that point ... Thx for getting us at least one team in the finals!

South Gallia info for Eastern Pike fans ... http://trivalleyconference.com/South_Gallia.html

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

South Gallia vs Eastern Pike can be heard live on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Good luck Eagles! Bring home the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia is only 12-9 - but the Rebels are a 'tough out' when it comes to tournament play ... They're a senior laden team, battle tested and they seem to play well under pressure ... But what sets them apart from other teams is they're just so darn awkward in how they opperate on the floor ... Its like a boxer having to go up against a southpaw - everything is backwards ... Most of the DIV teams usually play a zone defense, they're desciplined and move the ball around well on offense always looking for the best shot ... South Gallia on the other hand will press you, run different defenders at you at all times and basically make the game as 'sloppy' as possible - its almost like they enjoy having it be pure chaos out on the floor ... One thing they also do well (but didn't really last night vs Notre Dame) is knock down three's - if they get that part of their game going Saturday - they have a real good shot at winning.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Could be a good game hard to really gage Gallia I have seen Dotre Dame several times this year and last night was the worst I have ever seen them on the offensive end but that could be mainly Gallia's deffense . But I've never seen them miss so many shots before. But if Eastern can keep there guard #11 in check and hit some jumpers they could move on to the next round.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Good Luck South Gallia.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

South Gallia turns around after a terrible shooting experiencer against Notre Dame and is going to be hitting on all cylinders Saturday morning. Rebels win this one 65-58

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:South Gallia turns around after a terrible shooting experiencer against Notre Dame and is going to be hitting on all cylinders Saturday morning. Rebels win this one 65-58
Good defense can make you shoot bad and the Rebels are not the quickest team in Southern Ohio i think this may be a bad match for them. I will take the rebels in another squeaker.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Rvbballdude wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:South Gallia turns around after a terrible shooting experiencer against Notre Dame and is going to be hitting on all cylinders Saturday morning. Rebels win this one 65-58

Good defense can make you shoot bad and the Rebels are not the quickest team in Southern Ohio i think this may be a bad match for them. I will take the rebels in another squeaker.
True good defense can make you shoot bad but that wasn't the case last night as you would of saw if you were there. They missed undefended shots time after time, it was just a bad shooting night
Last edited by BRUTUS IS A BEAST on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The uglier the better! Good luck Rebels!!

Great year to be a Rebel-keep it going!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Eastern by 22. They have too many weapons and superior coaching.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Notre Dame was as good as they come as far as d4 teams goes in this area. If South Gallia was able to pull off the win it shows their a good team no matter how good/bad Notre Dame was to play. I see Eastern getting the win, but it's gonna be a fight all game as South Gallia is no slouch and they'll be wanting the district title just as bad. I see Lands and Pickett continuing their good play from the semi final game and Eastern edges out South Gallia by 7. If Satterfield doesn't continue to struggle and can hit from the outside like he normally does, then this margin should increase. I'm looking forward to watching a fun and exciting game tomorrow.

Return to “Boys Basketball”