Waverly vs New Philadelphia Regional Semifinal

smack
Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly vs New Philadelphia Regional Semifinal

Post by smack »

just to let everybody know she was still there and had dinner ready.i guess sometimes you got to let them no your the boss.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

sportsmomof5 wrote:Let me start by saying I am a Cavalier Mom, but stayed to support the local team! The refs were terrible! That is one of the worst games I've seen!

Great Job Tigers!
i agree

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

When I am old and can't see, I going to the convo to be a referee.

Whatever the system to determine officials is it needs reviewed if that is what kind of refs it is turning out. All that said Waverly had their chances left some points on the floor with missed free throws.

Thank you Seniors for this amazing run.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Always easy to call things from a chair after the fact. There will be officiating classes next fall, I am sure they would love to have a quality candidate like you join the ranks.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

pfloyd wrote:... the New Philly 12-0 run to end the 3rd and start the 4th put the Quakers into the Regional Final ...

Absolutely. The Tigers went from being up 38-29 to down 47-40 from the final mins of the 3rd to the first few of the 4th.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Corcoran in foul trouble and Ward sicker than a dog were huge factors in this game. Get well soon Taylor (bronchitis, strep throat, stomach flu).

Thanks for a great season Tigers and a great 3 year ride for you seniors who have accomplished something not repeated for 40 years (back to back to back sectional championships) and a District championship not seen since 1980. There have been some pretty good Tiger teams through the years not accomplish that.

Thanks to Coach Robertson, Assistant coach of the year Hobbs and staff fr a great job.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

When your team is the winning team; it is always a well called game.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

And alas.......The loosers always blame the stripes for their teams loss :(

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't think anyone from Waverly has blamed the refs for the loss. Waverly missed many, many chances and the horrible officiating just added to it. At one point in the 4th fouls were 10-3 and NP was hacking just as much as Waverly. Corcoran couldnt breathe on anyone without picking up a foul. But, like I said, the Tigers had their chances and couldn't hit a shot or a FT.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Did the officiating cost Waverly the game? NO. As Jay Bilas said about the Syracuse game it did not cost them the game, Did it adversely effect the game?

Waverly lost to a good team but stat I was told Waverly went 2/11 from FT line in the 4th quarter and still with a good Kretzer look to take the lead. Again Waverly did not play with the same intensity as they did against Fairland not sure why if illness or player content with District Title. Congrats to the Quakers.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats Tigers on a great season. Best of luck to the departing seniors!

sportsmomof5
Waterboy

Post by sportsmomof5 »

FYI I am a REF.I do not believe the refs cost them the game.I just thought there were bad calls. I think they missed 4 free throws in 4th. When I played high school and college ball I remember being told over and over free throws can win or lose the game!
Last edited by sportsmomof5 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

sportsmomof5 wrote:FYI I am a REF.I do not believe the refs cost them the game.I just thought there were bad calls. I think they missed 4 free throws in 4th. When I played high school and collage ball I remember being told over and over free throws can win or loose games.
Just a quick question, where did you go to college? According to your incoherent spelling I doubt you even went to high school. How in God's name do you spell those wrong? As for you being a referee, highly doubtful. But yes, as for the game, Waverly had chances but couldn't capitalize. New Philidelphia just wanted it more and it showed. Thank you seniors for making this unbelievable run and making the community proud!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think it's been said over and over Waverly missed their chances. Even with the terrible calls they were there with opportunity but just didn't get it done. I know there were distractions this week with sicknesses and not being able to practice with an entire squad but you have to deal with those kind of issues, it is March in southern Ohio. Everyone knew Taylor (Ward) was terribly sick and when Zach (Corcoran) got in early foul trouble that made it very tough to control the paint, which the Tigers didn't. Coming into the game at full strength one would say the Tigers win the rebounding battle and shut the lane down but it wasn't meant to be. Still, a made shot here or there and made FT's in the 4th sends the Tigers to the elite 8. This Tiger group has nothing to hang their heads about, they accomplished allot.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I am a neutral opinion here. Waverly played over aggressively in the first half and should of had more fouls called on them than those that were. Corcoran was not really trying to play defense, he was hacking and should of had 4 fouls in the first half. They played nothing close to the game they did against Fairland. It was as if they were trying to intimidate New Philadelphia with aggressive play. They were the bigger and stronger team but used it in the wrong way. Bottom line was NP made free throws and Waverly did not.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

What was the individual scoring for Waverly? Just curious. Thanks.

Return to “Boys Basketball”