manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

streetballer
Varsity

Re: manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

Post by streetballer »

Red solo ur a complete idiot...sw did not beat their selves manchester straight out played them..and as for turnovers sw didn't commit them hounds forced em...hounds put out the 2 best teams in the district in southern and sw...wat makes u think eastern will do any better and beat them

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Lands will dominate and Eastern will be lights out in nearby Waverly.

Manchester has had a good run, but it will end in Waverly.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Fluke!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

What is crazy about my posts ? The fact you know SOC coaches stacked one side of the bracket and gave an SOC team the easiest road to the regionals. Manchester had to play FF, #1 Southern and #2 South Webster. Eastern Pike had to play Eastern, a sub 500 East and South Gallia who finished 6th in the Hocking. These are all facts. Why wouldn't anyone think a team that knocked off the #1 and #2 seed would beat a team that knocked off the #6 and squeaked by the #4 seed? Nothing crazy about those posts, they are all true and the truth will set you free.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

So when Manchester gets best on Tuesday will it still be the SOC coaches faults? Not Easterns fault how the seeds fell. They will be ready for the unwinnable challenge that Manchester brings to Waverly. Manchester played well against SW but they were not the better team, they just played well in the midst of SW having an off game. Say what you want but SW wins that game 7out of 10 times. But like previously stated it only takes one good night by one team, and anybody can beat anybody at this stage of the game. The ALL deserve to be here! Very disrespectful to say Eastern doesn't.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Indianfan was you even at the Manchester SW game? Manchester didn't play that well and was up around 10 most of the game. Combs had 4 points going into the last 2 minutes of the game. Whether SW would win 7 out of 10, I dunno? I know Manchester won the 1 that mattered and they didn't play their best game. And as for the SW turnovers, Ricketts ball pressure might've had something to do with a few of those. You're right about 1 thing, Manchester had better not look past EP or they could be beat. Their PG is a great player and it'll great matchup with Ricketts. If Manchester plays their game I see them winning by 5-10. It's regional play and anything can happen good luck to both teams I'll be there rooting for the greyhounds!

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

RedSolo wrote:Manchester cannot win this game. Lands will carry Eastern to the Elite 8.

The SHL is overrated and Eastern will end the senseless dreams of the Manchester boys.

Eastern 63
Manchester 49

Manchester proved nothing by beating South Webster. South Webster beat themselves. A definite fluke.
The SHL is overated? That's comical. I think it's funny how people got on here after both games and said that both Southern and SW "beat themselves." Sure, maybe the Jeeps didn't play well but neither did Manchester.

As far as this game goes, Manchester shouldn't overlook Eastern and i'm sure they won't. It sucks this game won't be played at Athens where the Hounds seem to feel at home but I think they will still come away with the win. It wouldn't surprise me if this game went either way though. Regardless of the outcome, I don't see either team beating a Columbus school in the regional final.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Manchester by 16. EP didn't play anybody to get here and it will show when they get beat. Unless lands goes off for 40. kid is a baller

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I love my Eagles and im happy for them and good luck to the Hounds too but lets be honest here this game is like a great dream about to turn in a nightmare whoever wins is going to get killed by Africentric
its sad but true.....

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

hey maybe they'll have an illegal player and get screwed like Webster in 2004-2005

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Swanker Pine wrote:hey maybe they'll have an illegal player and get screwed like Webster in 2004-2005
It happened to Manchester last season with Harvest Prep as well.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Pantherdad I agree with everything you said. I just think that EP played a bad game, and we're lucky to survive. But they didn't get here by chance. They still had to play, and win. I did say that this will be the most athletic team EP have played, but they played and won some pretty tough games this year. And, this one will be in their backyard. Should be an exciting game.

The Eagles were up 28-12 mid way through the 2nd qtr and then they stopped being as aggressive offensively. They very easily could have beaten the Rebels by 20 but didn't. Give credit to the South Gallia players they played til the final buzzer, but Eastern had the opportunity to put it away before the half. I agree that Eastern hasn't played quite the schedule as Manchester but it only takes one great team effort for any team to win on any night. The Downtown arena will be friendly to the Eagles, most Eagle players have played 4-6 games in that gym.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Some of you are making a big deal out of a 10 point win for the Eagles? According to 93bulldog and the TVC website, Southern (who I believe was tied with S.Webster as the best D4 team in our area) only beat S.Gallia by 8 and 9 points during the year?

I think the Eagles let up when they got up and then had some unforced turnovers when Lands didn't have the ball in his hands. S.Gallia hit some very timely 3-pointers to narrow the gap and the eagles got tight.

Bottom line....THEY WON THE FIRST DISTRICT TITLE THE SCHOOL HAS SEEN SINCE GREG SLONE WAS ON THE SIDELINES. BE HAPPY FOR THE TEAM AND SUPPORT THEM.

Best of luck to the Eagles against the Hounds. One more victory and the Eagles will be in the Elite 8 I think for only the 2nd time in school history (SOCFAN1340 can correct me if I'm wrong).

GO EAGLES!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

As far as the Manchester/South Webster reference, I don't think either team played to the top of they're potential. South Webster had way too many turn overs and Manchester had been shooting lights out from the 3 ball coming into that game and didn't shoot the 3 ball very well. I will give both teams credit on that point. Manchester's 3's were contested and I believe Manchester's tempo sped SW up and forced some of those turn overs....JMO.

Now to the game at hand: I believe once again Manchester's tempo will be the key to winning this game. They're guards get to the paint very well and finish well. If they shoot the 3 good, this will be a double digit victory. On the flip side of Manchester's tempo......if the game is close and time and score becomes an issue, I give the edge to Eastern. Coach Fitch does a nice job of game management which I think is Coach Lockhart's weakness. They go all out for 32 minutes and I believe that has cost them some games in the regular season and almost cost them the Fairfield Union game. Up 10+ with less than three minutes and making one pass and shooting 3's will get you beat! Eastern has a solid team, but imo, the small school division of the SOC was down this year. I'm going with Manchester in this one. Good luck to both teams and congratulations on two very good seasons......

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Eaglesnest wrote:Some of you are making a big deal out of a 10 point win for the Eagles? According to 93bulldog and the TVC website, Southern (who I believe was tied with S.Webster as the best D4 team in our area) only beat S.Gallia by 8 and 9 points during the year?

I think the Eagles let up when they got up and then had some unforced turnovers when Lands didn't have the ball in his hands. S.Gallia hit some very timely 3-pointers to narrow the gap and the eagles got tight.

Bottom line....THEY WON THE FIRST DISTRICT TITLE THE SCHOOL HAS SEEN SINCE GREG SLONE WAS ON THE SIDELINES. BE HAPPY FOR THE TEAM AND SUPPORT THEM.

Best of luck to the Eagles against the Hounds. One more victory and the Eagles will be in the Elite 8 I think for only the 2nd time in school history (SOCFAN1340 can correct me if I'm wrong).

GO EAGLES!

Yes Sir you are correct the 1984 Eagles led by Mark Cochenour and Tim Hattle lost to State Runner Up Columbus Wehrle

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

RedSolo wrote:Manchester cannot win this game. Lands will carry Eastern to the Elite 8.

The SHL is overrated and Eastern will end the senseless dreams of the Manchester boys.

Eastern 63
Manchester 49

Manchester proved nothing by beating South Webster. South Webster beat themselves. A definite fluke.
I am not saying Manchester will for sure win, although I think they will....

To say the SHL is overrated is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard!!!!! Compare the tourney results pal!

..............and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

ballin
Waterboy

Post by ballin »

I see Manchester winning this one. They've played a tougher Sectional/District and have faired well against some of the better teams in the area. Eastern, on the other hand, have had a bit of a cake walk. I would love to know how they basically get a home game out of this.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

theuglytruth wrote:

Eastern 63
Manchester 49

I am not saying Manchester will for sure win, although I think they will....

To say the SHL is overrated is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard!!!!! Compare the tourney results pal!

..............and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

The SHL has been a solid league every year that I can remember. If anything the SOC 1 might be a little bit under rated considering most think it's the biggest joke of a conference in the state. We might be weak, we might be down but we have a team in the regional in each division. If they Eagles play smart, composed and out work the Hounds they can win and for the players reading this thread don't let anyone tell you different. Play as hard as you can to the best of your ability and you can win. GO EAGLES!!!

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Just to clarify, Southern beat South Gallia by 8 at SG and by 11 at home, scores were in the district program. No one should be picky about how much Eastern beat South Gallia by, or how bad they could have beat them. Some are saying Eastern should have beat them worse, but someone from South Gallia might say they didn't play well, and foul trouble hurt, or they might have pulled out the win. Doesn't matter, Eastern won and now they have a big challenge in front of them as Southern and South Webster found out in the districts.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I gotta think the SHL and SOC are stronger than the TVC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”