manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Re: manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

Post by jimmy chipwood »

RedSolo wrote:Lands will dominate and Eastern will be lights out in nearby Waverly.

Manchester has had a good run, but it will end in Waverly.

From watching the Eastern/South Gallia game it was clear that South Gallia had no true point guard. Realistically, it looked more like they had 5 small forwards on the floor most of the time. Lands dominated that game but I think will have a more difficult time with Ricketts on him. Ricketts will be able to match his speed and quickness. One thing I was impressed with about Eastern Pike is how they rebound the ball and make a great outlet pass to their guards. Their guards do a nice job of releasing up the sideline to recieve that outlet pass and it kick-starts their fastbreak. Manchester had better work on getting back and finding their men quickly!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Ill take Manchester

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Easter does transition very fast. I'm not concerned that Rickketts will hold Lands in check because he can't not many could at this level what worries me is Chad haveing to guard Rickketts and stay out of foul trouble!! That's the key to the game if Lands gets a couple early fouls on him Eastern is in big trouble. And I think Manchesters coach will have Ricketts playing very aggressive attacking the rim. If Lands plays his game and I beleave Satterfield will be a big player in this one Eastern my very well pull the win off.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

lightle04 wrote:Easter does transition very fast. I'm not concerned that Rickketts will hold Lands in check because he can't not many could at this level what worries me is Chad haveing to guard Rickketts and stay out of foul trouble!! That's the key to the game if Lands gets a couple early fouls on him Eastern is in big trouble. And I think Manchesters coach will have Ricketts playing very aggressive attacking the rim. If Lands plays his game and I beleave Satterfield will be a big player in this one Eastern my very well pull the win off.
I agree. Sattefield is due a good game and the Eagles will need him to have a good game to pull this one off.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

IMO Eastern Pike is not as good as Southern or South Webster which Manchester already beat. Lands is a nice player but so was Roseberry and Loop who were both district POY. I have to think with Manchester's tournament experience they take this game. This game will give Eastern Pike a chance to get people off their back me included on their path to the regionals. IMO Manchester just keeps winning no matter what kind of hand they are dealt. They have had to beat the top teams to get here and their reward is to play at Waverly? Can they get screwed in more in the tournaments?

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

IMO this talk about Eastern getting a bye to Regionals and Manchester having to beat Southern and SW is rather immature. In no way or fashion is it Eastern's fault that they had to play East and South Gallia in Districts. East upset New Boston, that is not to blame Eastern for. South Gallia stunned Notre Dame, who was co-champs of the SOC with Eastern. Is Eastern to blame for ND losing? No. You can't control who you play. No different in the OHSAA or NCAA. The teams Manchester had to play was not Manchester's fault. They had to play the No.1, and they won. They had to play the No. 2, and they won. Congrats to them! But honestly, why so harsh as to why Eastern doesn't "deserve" to be in the Regionals? They could've just as well beat New Boston and Notre Dame. Or is that "too easy" as well?

Anyways, good luck to both schools tomorrow. Hopefully both teams have a large fan base there for them and the game is played clean and the team who played the best wins and moves on to the Regional Finals.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Game day!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Lace them up and leave it all on the floor Eagles !!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

IMO this talk about Eastern getting a bye to Regionals and Manchester having to beat Southern and SW is rather immature. No what was immature was a bunch of grown men plotting to make sure they gave an soc team the best chance possible to make it to the regionals. Now you get to face the #4 seed.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

You guys live way to close to the river to be crying that much, your gonna flood us all out and they'll have to cancel the game. Just be happy your team beat those higher seeded teams to make it to the Regional and dry it up.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:You guys live way to close to the river to be crying that much, your gonna flood us all out and they'll have to cancel the game. Just be happy your team beat those higher seeded teams to make it to the Regional and dry it up.
Agree SOCFAN1430, Fred is gonna need a new box of tissues before this game is ever played. I just don't understand all the crying that is being done? Manchester was a little better than a 500 team coming into the tourney draw. I know they have turned it on and have played well now, but go back through some of the prior threads on here and even their faithful fans were saying they just were not good this year. I am happy for their eniors that they turned it around. But, quit whining because you entered the sectional seeding without a great record!

As to Eastern's bracket, Notre Dame clearly deserved the 1 seed with a win over South Webster. Eastern Pike clearly deserved the #2 seed at Meiggs. South Gallia was voted the #4 in Meiggs and the SOC coaches are in the minority in that sectional? Eastern Pike and Notre Dame were worthy of their 1 and 2 seeds. Give credit to S.Gallia for their upset of the #1.

JUST QUIT CRYING! IF MANCHESTER IS ALL THAT FRED SAYS THEY ARE THEN SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL OVER TO BEAVER AND CANCEL THE BUS RIDE THERE! ;-)

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Manchester is out to prove to all the haters that say they can't make it back to regional final and they can't win this game that they will do it...its gameday and time for the boys to setlle it on the court the right way

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

streetballer wrote:Manchester is out to prove to all the haters that say they can't make it back to regional final and they can't win this game that they will do it...its gameday and time for the boys to setlle it on the court the right way

I agree that's all anyone should be doing, the same goes for Eastern play well prove everyone wrong and move on. Anyone know how many presale tickets Manchester got? I heard each school got 1,000

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

I heard Manchester has already sold about 500 tickets. That's pretty good for a small little town.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:I heard Manchester has already sold about 500 tickets. That's pretty good for a small little town.

Heard Eastern only has about 300 left, but who knows. The Waverly gym seats at least 2300 and might be 2500. Make sure everyone comes out to support both schools, concessions will be like a normal game and free parking(I believe) plus it's a much shorter trip for both schools so come out and support

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

is the game at the old Waverly gym where the division 3 sectional is held? or is it actually at Waverly High School?

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

theuglytruth wrote:is the game at the old Waverly gym where the division 3 sectional is held? or is it actually at Waverly High School?
It's at the downtown arena where they host the D3 sectional, not at the High school up on 220. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

FYI, I don't think Webster people is posting bad posts on here against either team so don't say we did, :) later on.

Didn't Manchester play almost exclusively SOC-1 teams before joining the SHL? South Gallia applied to enter the SOC-1 when Portsmouth wanted to join the SOC-2. Those schools (So. Gallia & Manchester) must have felt the SOC-1 was good enough to play in. All this talk about which conference is stronger doesn't mean a thing. Every year this conference or that conference has good & bad teams. Every year we battle it out and there are upsets. This is high schools basketball and that's why we all like it. In the end, can't we all agree that a SOUTHEAST team beating the Columbus schools would be a great thing?

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

As long as I can remember Manchester has been in the SHL

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Jeep-ster wrote:FYI, I don't think Webster people is posting bad posts on here against either team so don't say we did, :) later on.

Didn't Manchester play almost exclusively SOC-1 teams before joining the SHL? South Gallia applied to enter the SOC-1 when Portsmouth wanted to join the SOC-2. Those schools (So. Gallia & Manchester) must have felt the SOC-1 was good enough to play in. All this talk about which conference is stronger doesn't mean a thing. Every year this conference or that conference has good & bad teams. Every year we battle it out and there are upsets. This is high schools basketball and that's why we all like it. In the end, can't we all agree that a SOUTHEAST team beating the Columbus schools would be a great thing?
Agree 100% nice post

Return to “Boys Basketball”